The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Orville Meyer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

asmayly
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, Texas
297 Posts

Profile of asmayly
Does anyone know where one can buy books by Orville Meyer? I've checked the usual places but to no avail.

-Thanks in advance,
Asamyly
Lee Marelli
View Profile
Special user
Aurora, Colorado
876 Posts

Profile of Lee Marelli
Hi Asmaly: To the best of my knowledge, the reason you cannot find books by Orville is, because Orville only published one book and it was primarily on magic. He also published two MS's i.e., Telepathy in Action and
the Amazing Magic Square and Master Memory Demonstration. These are not easy to find, but sometimes the large used magic book dealers will have a copy.

It is a shame that he never wrote books on mentalism, so some of his material and thinking is lost forever. For example, many today do not know that Orville developed Anneman's "bullet catch."

I have heard that Docc Hilford, spent time with Orville, and possibly did some tape recordings, but I have never confirmed that.
Maybe others can speak to that.

You will find Orville's effects spread throughout the literature, e.g., The Jinx, Magick, etc.. Possibly some of the other members may have more. Hope this helps.
"Mentalism is a state of mind." Marelli
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4840 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi Lee,
Yea I know Doc spent A lot of time
with Orville. I Know becase I was around during that time! I am sure He tapeed hin too. Now as for geting ahold of those tapes,
that a different story Smile.

Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Lee Marelli
View Profile
Special user
Aurora, Colorado
876 Posts

Profile of Lee Marelli
Hi Dave: Thanks for the info. It is too bad because Orville was one of the best.
"Mentalism is a state of mind." Marelli
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4840 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi Lee,
Yea really. I remember going to a S.A.M. meeting at his place and he did some killer stuff! Also, he talked about doing readings for people. They did not know he did magic! He made some good money doing it!

Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Paradox
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of Paradox
I corresponded with Orville by tape for some time & finally met him in person at one of the PEA conventions in Phoenix some years ago. We seemed to lose touch after that and shortly after that, he died.
I consider TELEPATHY IN ACTION his best "published" work.
Darmoe
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
741 Posts

Profile of Darmoe
I use TELEPATHY IN ACTION a great deal... possibly one of the best programs out there in that it is some "simple" (if you know how to weld the power of BS)...the Hyp Act that's not! as I call it.

I know Kenton Knepper was familiar with lots of Orville's material... I believe KENTONISM is an extension of that line of thought. In other words, he may also be a resource for some insights.
"I firmly believe that of all the Arts and Crafts of Mentalism, there is nothing more satisfying than one who is a first-class Reader. It is the ultimate in Mentalism..." - Tony Corinda * 13 Steps To Mentalism
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Orville Meyer (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL