The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Paper Cutter / Machine to Make Confetti (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2207 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Is there a paper cutter / machine to make confetti??? A friend of mine sells confetti and he told me he has it cut at a printing press. It is a manual machine like a clamp with a large blade. He told me I could probably buy this machine at a second hand surplus shop where they sell printing machines.
I wonder how it looks.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7336 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Having worked in a printing plant, I would not want to cut confetti on a full sized paper cutter. Depending what you what in confetti, you can use a shredder. If you get one that cuts in strips, you could just cross cut and pack it in a packet.

Look on ebay under printing supplies, it should have some used ones. There is a clamping bar and then a cutting bar. It is not something that is really made to do that fine of cutting work. Seems like a good way to loose a finger.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3998 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I use my wife's crosscut shredder. I clean all the old paper out of it, and just shred whatever color(s) I need.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
893 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
A high quality shredder should work well. Office Max should have their shredders on display. You'll probably want a cross-cut rather than a diamond cut shredder- the diamonds tend to be a little large for confetti.

As an added bonus, you can also use it to keep people from stealing your identity.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Paper Cutter / Machine to Make Confetti (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL