The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » "Keeping My Money Safe - S.A.N.D.Y" (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Keng
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Keng
When I started out in magic in the mid-70's I was fortunate to take lessons from Al Schneider at Eagle Magic Shop in Minneapolis, Minnesota. From him I learned his "Matrix" and "Coins Across" routines, along with several other effects.

I recently purchased Bill Malone's "Here I Go Again" DVDs. I really liked his coins across routine "Keeping My Money Safe! - S.A.N.D.Y." Bill credits David Neighbors with the routine and talks about the "special" coin needed to perform this. I have been unable to locate anyone selling this coin. Does anyone know where I might be able to locate one of these coins to purchase? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1283 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
Ask David Neighbors, he's a member here.
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
I think it is a two copper one silver gimmick... Lassen could make one up for you... Or you could get a johnson.

Here is a link to a johnson half way down the page.

http://themagicwarehouse.com/tjohnson3.html

Shawn
Shawn.
Keng
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Keng
Thanks for the information, Shawn. I found the coin I was looking for and ordered it today. -Ken
jquackc
View Profile
Loyal user
JC - Denver
218 Posts

Profile of jquackc
Make sure you get the Johnson. Any other is very noisy.. for the routine, a quiet gimmick is best. Dave Neighbors is on the road right now, so otherwise he would tell you that he actually uses a special 2 copper set- Instead of two copper coins, It's a copper and a brass coin... this provides for a better contrast between the coins. This set is not be confused with a standard copper/silver/brass set, because the brass coin doesn't have a hole in it. These aren't available from any of the big manufacturers, he gets his made special by Todd Lassen. This contrast is a big difference for a coins across routine. I use a johnson 2 copper 1 silver set, and this works just fine for my audiences. This is a great routine.

Since somebody brought up this routine, I (and Dave too) was wondering if Bill Malone gives a reason for putting a period at the end of each letter in SANDY on the DVD. Dave doesn't write it like that in his notes, I was wondering if Bill had a reason or not. If anyones knows, share, if not then it really isn't important.
JC

www.jquackc.com
myspace.com/jquackc

It's coming...QUACK... a new ebook from the fallible mind of JC... April 2048... groundbreaking material... limited edition... only 200 will be sold. Starting at $47... Preorder your copy toda
magicstudent
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of magicstudent
I found difficulty in finding Johnson' 2 Copper 1 Silver. Any body have suggestion where to buy?
Thanks,

jeff
I'll Be Back!
-Schwarzenegger-
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
Quote:
On 2008-01-27 13:36, ShawnB wrote:
I think it is a two copper one silver gimmick... Lassen could make one up for you... Or you could get a johnson.

Here is a link to a johnson half way down the page.

http://themagicwarehouse.com/tjohnson3.html

Shawn

At the link above...
Shawn.
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
Sorry I guess they are out of stock... But they are not hard to find..

Try the Trickery, or Hank Lee or Denny and Lee..

I'm sure one of those places would have one...

Shawn.
Shawn.
magicstudent
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of magicstudent
Thanks Shawn,
Out of Stock in Trickery, I'll skip Hank Lee...
BTW, I read from Dennymagic that actually this 2C1S set is similar to CSB set. I have a CSB set, can I use my CSB set for this routine?
Thanks.

Jeff
I'll Be Back!
-Schwarzenegger-
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi jeff,
No you can't! Thay would see the outher coin trou the hole when the chinese coin jumped over! Sorry! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
magicstudent
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of magicstudent
Thanks for the clarification Dave, I'll buy a 2C1S set then. Apparently it has a property that is not in a CSB set.

Jeff
I'll Be Back!
-Schwarzenegger-
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Hi Jeff,
Yea Both of them have there good points and bad points! That's why I now use one of Todd's solid CSB sets! So I get the best of both worlds! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Reply, to Mr. Neighbors, who knows from my previous posts that I think "SANDY" is probably the most perfect use of this kind of gimmick. I would love another set of Todd's coins, that said, I assume part of the appeal of a standard C/S/B is the seeeming impossibilty of Gaffing a coin with a hole in it, indeed as you point out it can not be shown on both sides. I think for that reason both sets have their place, although I still perfer "SANDY" to the standard "one goes in my pocket" presentation of C/S/B.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Hay thanks man! And yea that was the ideal when it was frist came up with! That the fact that you could see trou one of the coins made it more impossable!
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
2003 user
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of 2003 user
David,
Do you have any video for more solid CBS routines ? Thanks
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Hi 2003,
I have a change routine in my coinjuring DVD! At the time I was useing A Reg. 2Copper/1 silver. But it will work for The solid CSB also! The rest of the stuff I have out on it is just in print! PM me for more info!
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
The Wizard of Hearts
View Profile
Veteran user
Tulsa, Oklahoma
323 Posts

Profile of The Wizard of Hearts
Quote:
On 2008-03-10 18:10, David Neighbors wrote:
Yea That's what I now use And Have for a few years! I as was the one who buged Todd in to makeing thm in the frist place! Smile And came up with the name Solid CSB!
Thay Work great! And I have been useing them in my shows and my Lectures lately!

And speaking of lectures, Dave, when can we get you to come to Tulsa for a lecture at Top Hat Magic? It's been too many years since the 2 night workshop with you at Cosmo's apartment in the L.A. Valley. I'll get Steve Lancaster in a headlock and keep twisting until he gets something arranged.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Hi Man,
I just need to enough to cover my cost Of comeing down. And Maybe a few bucks more! If I could get more then one Lecture or A Lecture And A workshop That would help! E-Mail me At coinjurer@comcast.net and we will talk! Thanks Man!
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Walking Bob
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of Walking Bob
How difficult is SANDY to perform? What slights are required?

Thanks and have a nice day,

Walking Bob in Iowa
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Well a clip steal is the hadest thing!you also need A pop-up, An a h.p.c.!
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » "Keeping My Money Safe - S.A.N.D.Y" (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL