The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Card thru Window (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Mugician
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Mugician
Is Jon Kennedy's "Card Thru Window" good enough to warrant the steep price tag? I've seen others so much less expensive and I'm wondering if his is so much better than the others or if it's just that he doesn't want everyone to be performing this trick as I've heard.
longbeach
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Ont
141 Posts

Profile of longbeach
I would say no. I saw it listed for $375.00 Canadian in a magic shop where I live.
NO EFFECT IN THE WORLD SHOULD COST THAT MUCH!

Check the thread in "The good, the bad, and the garbage" about Anton Mago's effect Meeting Place. It's much less at around $35.00 U.S., and people seem to think it's just as good if not better.

Also, the Café's own Dr. Jakks has one *&^^ of a good sounding card through window comming out soon too. Information for that is listed in the "Secret sessions" section of this site. Check that out when you get 50 posts. here's a demo on his site:

http://sasmagic.tripod.com/products/ctw1.htm
dillib
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of dillib
Frankly, it's not worth so much, but it's true that he jacked up the price to prevent it from getting into the wrong hands. Go for the cheaper versions...
JasonG
View Profile
New user
Michigan, USA
17 Posts

Profile of JasonG
In the right situation, I think Marvey's version is killer... it's about 1/3 of the price of John Kennedy's.

Check out http://www.streetmagic.org

Marvey's Card Thru Window: $79.95
Kennedys Card Thru Window: $245.00

Free shipping there of course. They also have videos of both online.
Rick
View Profile
Elite user
Va.
452 Posts

Profile of Rick
I think it's a little steep for my pocket. Why not use a friend?
dillib
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of dillib
Well, if you happen to have the benefit of having a stooge in the place you're performing, then you could do even more impossible things with a signed card, not just a card through a window.
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
I have heard rave reviews about Marvey's . My friend has it and it's killer.
cegarcia
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of cegarcia
I'm still debating on which one to get, but no one has mentioned Anton Magos Meeting
Point at $35.00.
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Marvey's version is still pretty expensive for such a restrictive effect. I don't own it, but I have seen the demo which didn't exactly astound me (but who cares, it's for lay people, not me). It's clear the effect can only be done at night. I can also see other problems, which, so as to not reveal the methodology, I won't mention here.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
MagicKing
View Profile
New user
Florida
7 Posts

Profile of MagicKing
I have all three and like Marvey's and Anton's best. Kennedys is ok.
"Good, better, best; never let it rest till your good is better and your better is best."
HuronLow
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of HuronLow
I have seen Marvey's and John's performances. Honestly, despite the limitations, I like Marvey's much, much more. Because I'm more of a visual card magic kinda guy. Visual magic kills laymen IMO. Haha, my meeting point is arriving in a few days time, will tell you how I feel about it.

I have just received Mago Anton's 'Meeting point' and I realize the amazing potential in it. I think it's definitely the best. Just a little work on the presentation and you've got yourself a miracle in your hands. haha.
The T&R Project.
A revolutionary take on the Torn & Restored card.

Available now at www.HuronLow.com
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
I do a no-conferate, no-force, no-gimmick trick that I love, and the corner is torn to make sure that it is the same card (it really is).
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2493 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Meeting point is the best in my opinion, especially if you use Gatean Blooms Intercessor with it so you have the torn corner bit. This is a killer when done this way.
JasonG
View Profile
New user
Michigan, USA
17 Posts

Profile of JasonG
Just some general questions for those who have "Meeting Point" . . .

I can see where Intercessor would be very helpful in creating a card thru window effect, what I would like to know is:

Does Meeting Point require a stooge?

Jason
HuronLow
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of HuronLow
No it does not. Smile Tempting isn't it? Go buy it!! haha..
The T&R Project.
A revolutionary take on the Torn & Restored card.

Available now at www.HuronLow.com
walterh
View Profile
New user
New York
63 Posts

Profile of walterh
Check out hocus pocus. They recently had Kennedy's on sale for $75 dollars, I think as a close out.
WilliamWHolcomb
View Profile
Special user
Twinsburg, Ohio
533 Posts

Profile of WilliamWHolcomb
Quote:
On 2003-03-24 00:48, walterh wrote:
Check out hocus pocus. They recently had Kennedy's on sale for $75 dollars, I think as a close out.

The lowest I've ever seen Hocus-Pocus sell Kennedy's CTW is $170. That is the currect price for 'members'.
William Holcomb
cegarcia
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of cegarcia
Another opinion on Meeting Point.
manipulator
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, Texas
319 Posts

Profile of manipulator
I don't really like Marvey's version because of the restrictions. I don't know about Kennedy's, but Anton's Meeting Point is pretty good. Less restrictions and simple to do. The price is also very good for a Card Thru Window effect.
Rich Fredeking
View Profile
Regular user
Jacksonville, Florida
147 Posts

Profile of Rich Fredeking
I enjoy all of them. Each one is perfect for different situations
Rich Fredeking
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Card thru Window (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL