The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Jack Parker: 52 Memories (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
The books are mailed from the US by H & R Magic if you live here.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
I too am wondering about the 52 Bonus book.

Have these been "awarded" or back from the printers?

Thanks!

RevJohn
pkmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Paul knight
140 Posts

Profile of pkmagic
Heres my two penneth!

I picked up my copy of 52 memories this weekend at Blackpool convention, nice to see you again Andi, and thanks for the book. Now, I only knew Jack for maybye three years before he sadly passed away, but in that time, through e mail and meetings we became good friends, of which I will always be gratefull. That being said, my thoughts on this book could be seen as biased. Being a friend that much is unavoidable, but please believe me when I say that if you are a card magician, and you appreciate deep thinking creators, who rellentlessly strive towards goals and perfection, at the same time achieving superb effect, theme and entertainment you have to read Jacks work. Not only that, but it is possibly one of the nicest produced books dedicated to a card mans work that I have evr seen.

Andi - you have done an incredible Job. This book will always bring a smile to my face when I open it or see it on my bookshelf. It is precious. It speaks volumes about what I feel about card magic in its production - elegance.

I wont drip on, but those of you who have this incredible book will know what I mean. This will sit next to `Classic magic of Larry Jennigs, Secrets of Bro Hamman, and Art of Astonishment` proudly on my bookshelf. Just opening the book and the quality of the paper makes you wnat to cherish the work of Jack, and I will endeavor to do his work all the respect it deserves.

Anyway, glad I got that out of my system! Back to the book now.

Well done Andi. I can almost feel Jack smiling with pride at the work youve done for him!

Cheers

Paul K.
AndiGladwin
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
587 Posts

Profile of AndiGladwin
Thanks for your kind words Paul!

--Andi
kent1985
View Profile
Regular user
Perth (WA), Australia
148 Posts

Profile of kent1985
I just order the book from H & R.. can't wait to received it..
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Is there a table of contents available somewhere?
Cards never lie
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Has anyone gotten the extra book yet? Just wondering what's in it?
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Deluzion
View Profile
Loyal user
217 Posts

Profile of Deluzion
I just got my book. My first impression was, it is a big heavy book indeed. Top quality. Great paper, and great hardback.

I just skim through it, and I just read the foreword and introduction by Jack Parker himself. All I could say, it was so sad. The same feeling I got when I read the intro in genii in Jack's One Man Magicana June 2007. Especially those 2 last words.. "so long".. Smile

Great job Andi! I love this book! And now I have a big purpose in magic Smile
Deluzion
kent1985
View Profile
Regular user
Perth (WA), Australia
148 Posts

Profile of kent1985
Just received it.. very good indeed..
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
I recived the bonus book today #39/52 copy's "The First Five, Jack Parker: The Early Years", which includes 5 effects:

Flipper
Critical Mass
The Non-Conformists Teach Quantum Mechanics
Gut Feeling
A Different Filling

Thanks for the book Andi
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Quote:
On 2008-03-27 11:16, Peo Olsson wrote:
I recived the bonus book today #39/52 copy's "The First Five, Jack Parker: The Early Years", which includes 5 effects:

Flipper
Critical Mass
Gut Feeling
A Different Filling

Thanks for the book Andi

Also received one this morning, printed in a little booklet, much like the Session booklets. Five very nice little effects, and I will review it when I can

Thanks Andi!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
Guess that means I didn't get one Smile
do magic

www.8bom.net
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Quote:
On 2008-03-27 12:11, Donny Orbit wrote:
Guess that means I didn't get one Smile

You will recive an email from Andi if you got one.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Deluzion
View Profile
Loyal user
217 Posts

Profile of Deluzion
Quote:
On 2008-03-27 11:16, Peo Olsson wrote:

Flipper
Critical Mass
Gut Feeling
A Different Filling

Thanks for the book Andi

I'm jealous.. I will be waiting for review Smile
Deluzion
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Yes, interested in hearing about these five effects!

I am enjoying 52 Memories quite a lot.
Tyler Wilson
View Profile
V.I.P.
Calgary
123 Posts

Profile of Tyler Wilson
Hey Guys,
If anyone is still sitting on the fence about this one, Peter Duffie just gave 52 Memories an unbelievably stellar review in MAGIC Magazine this month.

Save a fence, buy a classic.

Tyler Wilson
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I just got my copy and it delivers as advertised. Fantastic layout and quality. It will take some time to battle through the material that is included. It is packed.
delgadil
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of delgadil
Just got my copy of _52 Memories_ and I am *really* impressed!

The book itself is gorgeous -- from the silver-stamped cloth cover -- to the layout and illustrations -- to the noticeably extra thick paper stock that was used. This is an extremely high quality industrial-strength book. Also includes a bound-in bookmark! High class production.

As to the effects, Jack was a true genius -- the effects are very intriguing in their plots and the composition and method is a joy to read. I found myself smiling on many occasions as I read through the effects. Really cool visual magic -- nothing truly knucklebusting. There is a lot of meat here which will keep anyone busy for a long time.

The descriptions are concise and easy to follow. The illustrations are beautifully produced in two colors (black and red). Also, a REALLY cool idea I have never seen before is the inclusion of a "trick setup index" at the end of the book that lists the setups for each effect that requires one. This is a great idea with great execution -- I hope to see this become a standard in all magic books.

Andi -- thank you for providing one of the best magic books I have ever seen overall. Jack would have been so proud.

Highly recommended.
Kevin
erlandish
View Profile
Inner circle
Vancouver, Canada
1254 Posts

Profile of erlandish
Just a quick message to let you guys know that Jack Parker's 52 Memories was nominated for best book in The Magic Woods Awards. If you're interested, voting ends at the end of April.

http://www.themagicawards.com/
The Jester Extraordinaire : bderland.com
Ye Olde Magick Blogge : erlandish.blogspot.com
syd_uk
View Profile
New user
London, UK
81 Posts

Profile of syd_uk
Hey all

After reading all your posts about '52 Memories' I decided to order it before it went out of print. So I put in my order late on Friday night, and it arrived this morning.

10 out of 10 to Andi Gladwin for the prompt delivery. I suppose this is one occasion when it actually helps to be based in the UK!

As for the book itself, it is indeed beautifully designed and printed as many of you have already said. I've not yet had a chance to look through it, but I am relishing the prospect of tucking into it tonight when I get home.

I'll post more thoughts soon...

Syd
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Jack Parker: 52 Memories (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL