We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Palming and avoiding getting caught (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
nelly
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of nelly
Try practicing palming all the time when there is no real need, like going to the shop for instance. Try and buy something while palming a card/coin, or making coffee.
Just general every day acts will bring familiarity to the sleight so it will become near second nature and when performing you will be less aware yourself.

If you manage a full night of passion with the wife, and she never notices you had the 8 of clubs palmed all along, you know you've cracked it Smile
danny
View Profile
Loyal user
England
261 Posts

Profile of danny
You need misdirection and another thing about it is, don't even register yourself that you have palmed something. Use you patter to misdirect the audience to something else (perhaps another prop or something).

I hope not to patronize when I say this (I am assuming you are a beginner because of the topic heading) but never show that your hands are empty by saying "look nothing in that hand etc" make them aware by gesturing with either an empty hand open or with a hand that has something palmed, I have found by gesturing the audience soesn't even think you would or would be able to palm something in that hand.

I have more or less covered all the points already here but I hope it is some help to you.

Dan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Palming and avoiding getting caught (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL