The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Bat (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

masterofthecoin
View Profile
New user
Michigan
13 Posts

Profile of masterofthecoin
What's everyone's opinion on this? I've been thinking about buying one, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. Easy to use? Easy to conceal? Lots of other possible tricks?
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
The Bat can do coin vanishes similar to those of the Raven, but it can be used for other effects as well such as PK effects or any other effects that require a very strong ***gimmick***. (If you don't know what the gimmick is then PM me. I don't know if it's appropiate exposing it here. If you have a Raven, then you know what it is, but it's much stronger than a Raven). The good thing about the Bat is that it can be worn at different locations throughout your body in order to achieve the desired effect. It's pretty fun to play around with. But be careful with it, don't put it near any electronics or video tapes or they will be ruined!!! Check out the demo at Magicsmith.
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
magiker
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
283 Posts

Profile of magiker
I have the bat and like it very much.
I use it mainly for PK
Smile
Magiker

Believe in the possibility of the impossible
Doveman
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Doveman
Can you make a person's watch change the time with the Bat? I heard you could. Is it that powerful to move the hand of the watch?
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4069 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
I don't know about that? Perhaps someone can answer that question & mine at the same time?

Does anyone use the new "fat Bat" ?

Smile
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4173 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Quote:
On 2002-03-13 11:05, Doveman wrote:
Can you make a persons watch change the time with the bat? I heard you could. Is it that powerful to move the hand of the watch?

No, but you can stop the movement of an analog watch.

However, there's always the risk that you won't be able to restart it.

If you want to change the time of a spectator's watch, I recommend Steve Banachek's "Psychokinetic Time."
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
sludge
View Profile
Special user
milton keynes, england
528 Posts

Profile of sludge
As I understand it, the Bat will help digital watches to "move forward in time."

In my experience, there is no danger of the analogue watch not re-starting as long as the watch is not stopped for an excessive duration (I usually stop the watch for 4-5 seconds as I can't concentrate longer than that) Smile
wayman
View Profile
Special user
England - Sunderland
587 Posts

Profile of wayman
I find it best to take the watch and apply the kinetic time principle (in advance), then hold the watch by the ends of the watch strap and tell them to watch (no pun) the second hand.

I then stop the watch (the second hand) using a blowing motion to hide what I'm really doing. (I do it at waist level)

After I start it again, I give the watch back and tell them to put it back onto their wrist, the guy (or girl) then usually stands blowing on his (or her) watch trying to stop it and usually asks to see it again.

Then I tell them to place their hands over the watch so I can't touch it, and THEN complete the Kinetic time routine.

I find that doing it this way blows them totally away.

If you think this is bold then you're right, but I've never been caught because I do straight away, what you tell them you're not doing.
nissemus
View Profile
New user
London, England
7 Posts

Profile of nissemus
Does anyone know what the difference is between The Bat and Chazpro's other PK devices?
NickW
View Profile
New user
Derby, UK
66 Posts

Profile of NickW
I think that the difference is in strength and method of attaching, but I'm not sure. The Bat is probably better seen, like these, not as an effect but as a fairly versatile utility device. There are effects in a number of books (Fulves' Self-working mental magic springs to mind) which could be adapted to work with it.
lesterkirad
View Profile
Loyal user
west lafayette, in
227 Posts

Profile of lesterkirad
Do you have to be wearing sleeves to perform it? or, what are some other limitations?
NickW
View Profile
New user
Derby, UK
66 Posts

Profile of NickW
It depends on what you want to do with it - as I said above, it's more a utility item than an effect.

No sleeves are required for some effects. The ad points out that the PK rings effect (the only one for which extra props are provided) can be done 'surrounded in a swimsuit.' This is technically possible, but sounds like a bit of a challenge to conceal the method without worrying people unduly... The 'Raven style' vanishes mentioned above do require you to be wearing long sleeves, or conceivably a watch, and guarding your angles carefully.
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
Just an idea for you Bat owners out there - I like to do magic with borrowed items as much as possible, so I borrow 2 key rings from the spec and do the spinning rings trick with their own key rings. They take them back and try and of course they can't do it. Using the borrowed items helps solidify the magic in their minds and make it seem more like magic.
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4069 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
That is an excxellent idea Smile

Smile
danielhunley
View Profile
Regular user
Middle of No Where KY
168 Posts

Profile of danielhunley
Quote:
On 2002-03-13 13:29, Philemon Vanderbeck wrote:
Quote:
On 2002-03-13 11:05, Doveman wrote:
Can you make a persons watch change the time with the bat? I heard you could. Is it that powerful to move the hand of the watch?

No, but you can stop the movement of an analog watch.

However, there's always the risk that you won't be able to restart it.

Using the raven can let you prolong how long you make the watch stop.
Jack Of Hearts!
JJP161
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
506 Posts

Profile of JJP161
You might want to take a look at the M5. I have never used the Bat, but I do own the M5 and I'm very happy with it. To my understanding it is similar to the Bat only more powerful. Hope this helps.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Bat (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL