The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Downs click pass (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dr Mage
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
332 Posts

Profile of Dr Mage
I don't do a lot of coin slights. An effect I'm working on requires a Downs Click Pass with four English pennies (to apparantly transfer them to my left hand). When doing this, should the coins flip over?

Also, should the coins be stacked so that the lowest coin is at the fingertips or that the top coin in the stack is at the fingertips. Modern Coin Magic shows the lowest coin at the fingertips, but I have a really tough time controlling them in that orientation. Stacking them the other way, they move a BIT better.

Any tips? Help!
What is the color of magic?
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1460 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
The coins do about a 1/4 turn when they flip over. The original click pass in Downs' "Modern Coin Manipulation" shows the coins stacked with the lowest coin at the fingertips. Also, make sure you catch the coins on the side of the third finger.
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Quote:
On 2008-01-29 20:58, NicholasD wrote:
The coins do about a 1/4 turn when they flip over. The original click pass in Downs' "Modern Coin Manipulation" shows the coins stacked with the lowest coin at the fingertips. Also, make sure you catch the coins on the side of the third finger.

Doh! When I read the first post my brain locked onto the Horace Bennett click pass (from Downs Palm) that you showed me, Nick. It took reading your answer toget me onto the right track here LOL.
Don
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
Dr Mage
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
332 Posts

Profile of Dr Mage
So, when the move is complete...if the coins were all heads up to start with, will they be heads up or tails up?
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1460 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
When the move is complete, they will be resting tails up on the side of your third finger.
Dr Mage
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
332 Posts

Profile of Dr Mage
Gotcha. I think I have the move figured out. I was doing it too slowly. I still often wind up with three coins in position, and one vertical. More practice is in order, I suppose.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Downs click pass (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL