The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Multiplaying Balls Gimmick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

chrisgali
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of chrisgali
Hey!
I`m searching for a gimmick, to produce 4 Balls in one Hand!
I´m doing a multiplaying balls routine where I end up with four balls in one hand,...I multiplay 1 into 2, then a third one, then I vanish this one, reach in my pocket take this 3rd ball, give it in my right hand and boom there are 4!
But I want to end up with 4 balls also in my left!
As I reach in my pocket I could palm something else!

Are there any Gimmicks on the market?

chris
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Yes, there are 4-ball flash gimmicks. What kind of balls do you use?
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
chrisgali
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of chrisgali
I use "super Billard Balls"
from Eckart Böttchen
Im from Austria (next to german)`
They are silicon Balls!
Andrew H.
View Profile
Regular user
Elizabethton,TN
124 Posts

Profile of Andrew H.
http://www.dennymagic.com/cgi-bin/hazel.......ion=home

Search Fakini...They have a lot of colors, styles to choose form.

Andrew
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
If you get a second set of the same balls you are currently using, you can make your own 4 ball finale. I believe the finale gimmick is covered in McBride's World Class Manipulation series of DVDs. I can't remember which one at the moment. Once you see how the gimmick is designed, you will be able to make your own to match exactly the balls you are currently using.

One warning, however - I don't think you can effectively palm the 4 ball finale as your hand comes out of your pocket. Given the size, it is usually produced as a body load.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
What size are they?
It's possible to make you're own flash gimmick.
I did so with plain old golf balls. You could use wooden balls and spray paint them the right color. Or save the time and get ones to match that are already being produced.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
motivationalmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania
179 Posts

Profile of motivationalmagic
When making this gimmick yourself, say with four golf balls, do you have to drill holes in them and glue the sticks in? Is it best to use round wooden dowels, or maybe best to use a piece of metal and then glue that to the ball? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!
Motivational Magic
"The Magician on a Mission to Motivate"
www.MotivationalMagic.com
chrisgali
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of chrisgali
Quote:
On 2008-01-30 13:12, magicman845 wrote:
If you get a second set of the same balls you are currently using, you can make your own 4 ball finale. I believe the finale gimmick is covered in McBride's World Class Manipulation series of DVDs. I can't remember which one at the moment. Once you see how the gimmick is designed, you will be able to make your own to match exactly the balls you are currently using.

One warning, however - I don't think you can effectively palm the 4 ball finale as your hand comes out of your pocket. Given the size, it is usually produced as a body load.

Kent

thanks,...I owe "world class vol. 3, so I know, its not on this vol.!
I may watch out for nr. 1 and 2!
Thanks!
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Tim Wright covers his flash four production in his DVD, Balls. It is something you can make yourself. I highly recommend it for all the other billard ball magic contained within his DVD.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I had one made of rubber golf balls just a stiff wire stuck through them.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I made one for my multiplying sponge ball routine. Four sponge balls and a length of thread sewn through them (from a Karrol Fox lecture and book). I also have a flash four made of wooden balls from a hobby shop, each painted a different color, strung on a length of coat hanger wire and I have another homemade one using 2”, multicolor super balls (again strung on a length of coat hanger wire). These are not all that difficult to make.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
Quote:
On 2008-01-30 18:33, Darkwing wrote:
Tim Wright covers his flash four production in his DVD, Balls. It is something you can make yourself. I highly recommend it for all the other billard ball magic contained within his DVD.

Yes, but Tim teaches you how to make HIS VERSION of the four ball finale, not the traditional one. Although I liked Tim's idea, he had to fumble way too much in his demonstration of the finale. I figured if Tim (an excellent magician) had to fumble that much in a non-live, rehearsed demonstration, there was NO WAY a person like me could ever hope to present it smoothly.

As for the holes , you may simply want to take a really fine drill bit. Drill the holes so they are slightly off center. I have used a thick coat hanger for the other part of the gimmick. It is pliable and I can bend it into the shape I need.

Sorry if I am being a little bit cryptic, but this is an open forum.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
chrisgali
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of chrisgali
Ok Thanks!
..but in all of these helps there are "real balls" used!
So I can't minimize the size of the four balls!
I want to make a gimmick, which consists of one real ball and 3 shells!
So the ball is on one end, then the 3 shells all put together with a thread or whatever! So I can take the ball, one shell on it, the second on the otherside of the ball and the last shell on the first shell!
So the size is about one ball!! So I can palm it and then I take the last Shell, hold between thumb and index, shake alittle and the whole thing should roll down!
Then I should catch the real ball with my ring and index finger and so I have 4 Balls between my fingers....!

Hard to explaine, hope I have discribed it clearly!
chris
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Multiplaying Balls Gimmick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL