The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Copperfield - One Illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
a.lien
View Profile
New user
Germany
36 Posts

Profile of a.lien
Hey folks,

I defenitely have to agree, "one" as performed in his 360° TV Special is a true beauty and probably the most straight forward appearance ever seen.
This way he really gets reputation. The live clip I saw was pretty nicely done as well, eventhough I must say, that I was very disappointed when I saw the first time live. It was just a simple black art trick, so DC has improved himself there obviously.

Nevertheless, I always was kinda in between chairs, when it came to judge David´s methods to perform certain illusions for his TV specials.
And YES, indirectly he DOES use camera tricks because he performs the tricks ONLY FOR the camera, which means that the camera appears to show you everything, but then again only shows you what you´re supposed to see, and not more...

It´s still very cleverly done though, and I believe I haven´t said too much here now, since everyone can just look at the "camera routine" of "ONE" and "catch" the moment of the "load" for themselves. But yet, it remains a trick that cannot be done as nicely in a live situation than for the camera and is this good magic then..?
It´s hard to judge, I just don´t know myself.

Magical Greeting from Germany,
Sascha
reynold
View Profile
Elite user
Puerto Rico
490 Posts

Profile of reynold
Guys: C'mon if you had the choice for your TV special you would do the same, I would.
It was pretty clever to decide to do a show with the audience in the round.
Even though if "one" was done with camera perspective I still don't know how he did it.
It was beautiful.

If you are going to judge David for this then we must crucify Franz and people who has done the appearing car, airplane etc. with his camera perspective principle.

"He who is free from sins throw the first stone"

Thanks,
Reynold
r1ch-oxford
View Profile
Regular user
Oxford, England
182 Posts

Profile of r1ch-oxford
Hi

Just to clarify, my friend has a "copy" of the said stolen property but obviously not the actual stolen recording. It was purchased on ebay and was sent to him from Hungary.

I am not saying it is right as it clearly is not, however I have to say it is pretty exciting to watch. I have had 10 e-mails since posting my message from other people who use this forum asking me how they can obtain a copy. Sorry guys but I will not be distributing this. I was very lucky to see it and I know it is not my place to ask my friend if I can copy his and start reproducing it and sending it around the world. Like I said, it was purchased on ebay and the anonymous person who sells it, usually gets closed down quickly when he lists it.

You folks who want to see it, will have to keep your eyes peeled on e-bay.

Rich

(Hope I haven't upset anyone, certainly not my intention)
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1048 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
Quote:
On 2008-02-03 06:12, JasonB wrote:
"So your friend has stolen property?" Micheal, you have no limewire or napster MP3's? Please, did you view the clip or were you offended enough to avert your eyes in utter disgust?

No I don't have files from limewire or any other illegal P2P.
reynold
View Profile
Elite user
Puerto Rico
490 Posts

Profile of reynold
Going back to subject. We all agreed that the morrit plank illusion was not the method for "one" but was this method used for David's reappearance after the imploding building?

Reynold
Laszlo Csizmadi
View Profile
Special user
From Hell
868 Posts

Profile of Laszlo Csizmadi
Quote:
On 2008-01-30 14:25, SpellbinderEntertainment wrote:
There is an old book from probably the 1950’s which might have been titled “Magic Explained” which gave a version of this using a huge rectangle of plate-glass held up by several assistants, this method could be used on a fully lit stage and live,
Magically,
Walt

Yes I have that old book. If I remember good they wear armor in that version.

Best,

Las
Fabricem
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Fabricem
I know and I have seen live "One" is really far far far from that version on Tv special, ( and any way live version don't use B.a.)! now , I don't know what I miss about this illusion? what mr. Fisher say about this beatiful secret, I don't know, maybe Mr. Copperfield use many different systems for the same think? I don't belive, look also Voyeur live is completly different from tv, one more beautiful secret ?
Fabricem
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Fabricem
And also for millenium cabinet !
Fabricem
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Fabricem
Also for 13!
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1673 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Next you're going to tell me that there is no Santa Claus ..

Steve
Fabricem
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Fabricem
Yes ,Santa klau is Pamela Anderson,
c' mon !
Fabricem
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Fabricem
What I miss?
Banester
View Profile
Special user
669 Posts

Profile of Banester
No Steve, but the Easter Bunny is actually the energizer bunny!
The art of a magician is to create wonder.
If we live with a sense of wonder, our lives
become filled with joy
-Doug Henning-
j.i.s.
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of j.i.s.
Dear fellows

I found that a lot of magicians are upset about all these edit and camera tricks and with some years ago I was the same ...some fellows told me that when perform a self levitation the spectators are immpresed but they have remark like "I saw a guy on TV and he levitate hundreds feets high in air or ..I saw a guy who levitate from a building to another" and we are upset about that thing but I think we are jealous about their succes .
In fact we must to be happy because these guys like David Blaine and Criss Angel and others did two importat things and maybe more but two of them I think are:

1. Remember that was a time when the magic art was not so popular and this time was when the internet and other electronic games invadate the world trade ... I know that some magicians had a lot of contracts but for very sure was a time when a lot of spectators looked to the other kind of entertainement.

2. I think that the real magic I mean the magic without edit are not for television and is not an advantage for us ...Imagine if you have invested a lot like Copperfield and anybody could look over and over again at your trick....I want to say in this age of tehnology of speed info in mass media is not fair as magicians to do magic at television without camera tricks ...Do not forget that these camera tricks make our magic moore interesting and you have contracts because Blaine and Angel and others did these camera tricks ....In your country or state or regiune the ppls who wants to see magic ..they can't booked Copperfield or Blaine but instead will want to see you .

That is the real truth.
Thank you and sorry for my english
JIS
DLF
View Profile
Regular user
LA via NYC
145 Posts

Profile of DLF
Clearly DC's work is intriguing, worthy and art as it generates discussion, confusion, disagreements, memories, learning and the truth about Santa. While never a big DC fan after my ten years, I've always given the man his props. Apparently we all are.
Ok, I'll meet you at the place near the thing where we went that time.
Banester
View Profile
Special user
669 Posts

Profile of Banester
JIS, I don't beleive camera tricks further our art at all! While they may create wonder, as soon as people realize they are just camera edits or "blue" effects they are turned off by it.

If you can do on stage what you can do in person that is what knocks people off thier block. I could be wrong, but I have not seen Angel or Blaine tour the country with any type of a show (other than Blaine's public stunts). They are just TV personalities who will not last the duration.
become filled with joy
-Doug Henning-
j.i.s.
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of j.i.s.
I heard about Angel that has a live show...anyhow these guys bring more atention again at magic art and turned the old magic in this popular street trend.
Now the public discover some guys dressed in very cool and club clothes with same old tricks but with a new spin and they think that is something new ....there are same methods same principies ...I would like to know a very new method for levitation or for disparition ...we will find the same deceptive B... or mirrors or other things but camera tricks help us to keep these methods secret ...for example Criss Angel performe a stage illusion on street and we know that is impossible and there are stooges and are a lot of limitations and the public who pay a ticket will see same effect done it with other method.....we see Criss levitate hundreds of feets in air and on the stage will perform Air time for example but the spectators will think is the same .
Dear fellows if you think better is a very good thing what happened now with magic.
Thank you very much
JIS
Banester
View Profile
Special user
669 Posts

Profile of Banester
Cyril Takayama appears to be doing quite well without the aid of camera tricks. And as far as I am aware some old principals still at work. Maybe not pulling a rabbit out of a hat, but using things that are more in touch with this generation. Magic principals don't have to necessarily evolve, our presentations do. While I am for a foward movement I am not going to knock ancient principals (cup & balls etc) that still work.

I don't think people will be happy to see Criss do Air Time when they are expecting him to fly up to the cieling. I find it hard to believe that the new era of magic will be camera effects! Maybe eletronic devices, but not camera edits and FX.
become filled with joy
-Doug Henning-
j.i.s.
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of j.i.s.
Very very true I like Cyril and yes he does a lot without camera tricks just with expensive and unique tools....I agree all you said here ...I thought just we have a battle with all exposures and some edit keep the methods secret.
Swann101
View Profile
Special user
558 Posts

Profile of Swann101
I do not have a problem with DC's clever angle shooting etc, if you can put it that why! But what I do have a problem with is blatant camera edits and stooges on almost every effect, that is taking it just too far!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Copperfield - One Illusion (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL