The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Going against the grain - a Compliment » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

"Muggs"
View Profile
New user
Bridgeport, CT
64 Posts

Profile of
I just wanted to take a minute and compliment the staff of The Magic Café. I've not been a member for long (Only because I hadn't heard about the site) When I did I felt like I hit pay dirt. I have been on this site both not logged in and as a member and wanted to say that this is a fantastic site and very well maintained.
Compliments and appreciation go out to all involved as well as the "informal" mentors and experts in their respective areas who come on to offer their advice and keep this site going. That not commonly done in today’s day and age and is very helpful. Keep up the good work.
"Muggs"
View Profile
New user
Bridgeport, CT
64 Posts

Profile of
If anyone out there agrees with this ... feel free to add a comment and say so.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
Good job Muggs!

Yes, thank you everyone involved with the behind the scenes running of the Café. All the little ( and big ) things we never see!

And the incredible guests Steve Brooks gets to come here to help and share. WOW!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
"Muggs"
View Profile
New user
Bridgeport, CT
64 Posts

Profile of
I’ve been reading postings one the Magic Café for some time and am spending more and more time here as time goes on... It never ceases to amaze me at the number of self-appointed self-righteous ‘organizers’ are out there, commenting on what is wrong with this Web Site. In my opinion, if you think you can ‘do it better’ start your own site and see how you do. If you do, invite me and I’ll be glad to tell you how you can do it better! We’ll see how well it is received by you. I’m posting this because I just read threads about Topics being moved, censored and re-read the thread above entitled “Topics Being Deleted”

Let me save you some reading…go to the end and read the last post. It is posted from Steve Brooks – the OWNER of this web site. Steve tactfully points out that we ARE GUESTS here. Free of charge and that there are RULES. He also points out that those rules are frequently not read by newcomers or veteran’s for that matter. In a much more tactful way than I would, Steve also points out that if you don’t like the Rule – TOUGH – YOU CAN LEAVE.

If I could have agreed on that thread I would have…but the topic is locked. I definitely agree with locking it at that point because of two reasons. First, its Steve’s site and he should have the final word on the topic and Second, most of the responses would have probably wanted to argue with the points he made and ‘offer advice as to how to change it’ instead of agreeing with him that it is his site to do with as he pleases and thank him and the staff for all the work.

Why do I feel this way…look at the views and lack of responding posts to this thread and all the other complimentary threads on this Forum as compared to complaints. People read them, but most go on. However if you read the threads of complaints…there is no shortage of agreeing opinions when they are negative. The positive frequently get read and go un-replied to.
Once again, Thank You Steve and Staff, I love this Web Site and think you guys do a GREAT job here. The more I’m on here, the more I appreciate the work that must be involved for the whole staff and think you all do an excellent job.
Maybe after this rant, the quiet majority will speak up and agree!

Muggs
"Muggs"
View Profile
New user
Bridgeport, CT
64 Posts

Profile of
Just a Note: At the time of this writing there were 222 views to this thread and 3 post responses – 2 were from me. Thanks for speaking up Christopher.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Going against the grain - a Compliment » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL