We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Fast change of masks (China) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
alexkrey
View Profile
Elite user
RUSSIA
411 Posts

Profile of alexkrey
Who knows, who from the Chinese conjurers who very well change masks?
How to find contact to these conjurers?
Contact is necessary for the invitation to festival to Russia.
Alex Krey
---------------------------
http://www.alexkrey.com
Hector
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of Hector
I know there is a famous artist called Bian Lian, but I don´t know how to contact with him. Hope it helps a little bit.

Greetings.
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Hi,

You can contact Alex Tan, he also member here. He is Singaporean, and do cahnge mask very well. tell him Cahyo telling you.
Alex Tan
E-mail Address(es):
alex@AlexTheMagician.com
Personal Information:
Mobile: 65-98421882

CC.
ReDeFiNe
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
275 Posts

Profile of ReDeFiNe
Hey,

Alex is the premiere mask changer in Singapore and one of the very few here who mastered the art direct from a Sze Chuan Master, understudying for more then 3 years.

"Bian Lian" is a chinese language meaning Face Change.

You may contact Alex through the information Chayo given.

Cheers!

Jeremy
Jeremy Pei
www.TheSocialMagician.com

For Magicians by Magicians
www.RedefineMagicOutlet.com
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Hey Jeremy, how are you???????

CC
Hector
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of Hector
Lol, thanks for the explanation Jeremy! Smile
Alex has a great act! I was watching it in youtube.com
alexkrey
View Profile
Elite user
RUSSIA
411 Posts

Profile of alexkrey
Hector!
Give please the reference for viewing video of Alex.
Alex Krey
---------------------------
http://www.alexkrey.com
Hector
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of Hector
Here you can find it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEgaC7EEsoc

I like it.

Greetings!
ReDeFiNe
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
275 Posts

Profile of ReDeFiNe
Alex has more variation in his act as well as a short oriental magic sequence for his live performances.

Hey Chayo!

I am doing great! If we don't meet soon somewhere I'll most prob see ya in Malaysia this June for the Magic Festival.

Jeremy
Jeremy Pei

Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17685 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I thought that I'd be bored... WRONG! Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Friend Jeremy, hope you will compete again, you have chance...!!!!!!
organicmagician
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
345 Posts

Profile of organicmagician
Whoa - that was a sweet routine.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17685 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Was there a book written about this? I love Quick Change effects! I'd buy it in an instant Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
ReDeFiNe
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
275 Posts

Profile of ReDeFiNe
There are no books or information released about the chinese mask change. It was supposed to be a government kept secret and can only be passed down from the master to its student.

However, nowadays there may be some dealers especially in China selling a full set of Chinese Mask Change which includes the masks and costumes etc. However this is not an art that you can perform just by buying it off the shelve, it requires proper training especially for Chinese Opera movements as Mask Change was part of Chinese Opera.

It's like anyone who wants to float a table and search online for Floating Table and bought it knowing that it won't float by itself and it takes proper presentation and training.

Jeremy
Jeremy Pei

1906Alpha1906
View Profile
Special user
North Cacky Lack
516 Posts

Profile of 1906Alpha1906
From my understanding, there are no books or anything on this beautiful art. This is a highly guarded art that is only available in China and is only taught to certain individuals. I also heard that training for this is very intense and takes quite sometime to actually get it right. That's all I really know about it or what I have learned. It is Awesome though! really is!

-Alpha
1906Alpha1906
View Profile
Special user
North Cacky Lack
516 Posts

Profile of 1906Alpha1906
Oops....guess we posted at the same time! *haha*
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17685 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I have some ideas that might improve this illusion. It looks fantastic!
Skypoint
View Profile
New user
Dallas, Texas
71 Posts

Profile of Skypoint
Seems like I remember Jeff McBride doing this on one of the TV specials 10 or years ago. Anyone else remember that?
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17685 Posts

Profile of Slim King
He actually changes the masks and a multiply masks and such. Still very entertaining for a while Smile
motivationalmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania
179 Posts

Profile of motivationalmagic
Here's a link to Jeff's routine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9zfqhnxS48

Very highly theatrical and beautiful to watch. Doesn't use the methods of Sichuan opera, though, but wonderful nevertheless!

I have invested a lot of time trying to track down some explanations of this effect, and had even thought of spending some time in China in hopes of researching it. I had the opportunity to spend a weekend with Bin Lin when she was in New York City back in 2002 for the convention, and she offered to introduce me to some magician in China in hopes that they might be willing to teach me some of the technique.

Blockbuster Video used to carry a movie about an old man that was a master of this art, and he found a young student who wanted to be his student. It's worth renting. You can play the video in slow motion on a DVD player and pick up some insights.
Motivational Magic
"The Magician on a Mission to Motivate"
www.MotivationalMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Fast change of masks (China) (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL