The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Ringer by Steve Dusheck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1923 Posts

Profile of Daren
Hi all

Does anyone else own this effect, is it easy to do?

Jon Allen did it for me at the Circle on Monday night and i was very impressed, just wondering if anyone owns one and if they can post their views.

Good to see you again Jon!

Cheers
Daren
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5348 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I really can’t remember the names of the two Steve Dusheck reel-less ring flights I am familiar with. One is a plastic fob with a ball chain key loop. The ring appears fastened on this loop. The second is a brass, sort of thick wire rectangle with a nut that screws to open the rectangle so that you can get the keys (or ring) off.

Both are typical brilliant thinking by Dusheck. Both are worth having. Both are easy beyond description. Put the ring there and it’s on. No fumbling, no mechanical part to go wrong. Just a clever gimmick that is almost self-working. If you can finger palm a ring you can perform either of the two Dusheck tricks.

The act of taking the key ring out of your pocket loads it. It is that fast and it is that easy.

You have already seen it in action so you know it is a fooler.

I don’t know of any source that is selling either version right now. If you know of a source please share. I wouldn’t mind buying a back up for the one (of each) that I already own.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
which do you prefer, ring thing (Jeff Stewart) or ringer (Steve Dusheck) or Ultimate Ring Capture (Bob Solari) ?
Bernard Sim
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
908 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
You can contact Steve Dushek directly to buy his stuff:

sdusheck@aol.com

I just got a new copy of Ringer from him.

Jeff
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1712 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
I knew I should have kept it to myself! Smile
Paragon 3D - the most incredible Card to Clear Box you will ever own. Be fooled here: http://youtu.be/GQxRZ1OGkUo
The Silent Treatment - Digital Edition: this iconic routine just got upgraded! Watch - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=phTDUhX0m9o
Order the bar-raising DVD set 'Connection' at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5348 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
John, you sure opened a can of interest here!

I didn’t know that Steve was still making and selling his stuff anymore. Honestly, I thought he had given it all up. I used to run into him regularly at the smaller east coast conventions. I always loved his thinking and his creations. Hey, there is at least one $300.00 coin trick out there based on a couple of his ideas!

Bernard, I carry and use a version of "Ring Thing" on a daily basis. It is my always-ready “impromptu” trick. I have both of the Dusheck versions that I mentioned above (one of which is "Ringer") and will use them from time to time. Actually, both of the Dusheck versions are marginally easier to handle (instant hook-up in both cases!). There is a slight “set-up” with “Ring Thing” that you don’t have with either of the Dusheck versions.

It’s all in what “look” you want, simple and clean, elegant, or commonplace. They all work equally well.

I cannot comment on Bob Solari’s “Ultimate Ring Capture”. It reads well in the advertisements, but I have never seen one in action and I don’t know anyone who has ever used one.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
RandyM
View Profile
Special user
578 Posts

Profile of RandyM
I have Dusheck's Ringer - The one that is rectangular with a screw type opening explained above by Harry. I currently don't have directions for it but it is pretty much self explanatory once you see it. Since I don't use it much anymore I plan on selling it unless of course someone here want's first dibs on it! It is nice powerful effect but I primarily just do cards and coins now. So if someone wants it let me know. I accept paypal as payment as I like having a "bank" there for when I make other purchases. Anyways, make your offers.
john blaze
View Profile
New user
PA
82 Posts

Profile of john blaze
I LOVE Steve's RINGER...and wouldn't sell mine or my back up at any price. I use it everyday in my professional work. Steve hasn't raised the price on it in many years, and its worth many times what it costs!
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5738 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I own a couple of them and have used them on many occasions. It works great with the right routining. It's especially effective if you are good at sleeving.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Ringer by Steve Dusheck (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL