The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Anyone else here an artist of some sort? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2912 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Quote:
On 2008-01-31 11:13, professorwhut wrote:
...I realize that Magic an art form, so one would assume that many magicians would be artistically inclined...

Very good assumption. Naturally, I think there is potential for artistic ability across the board. I like all kinds of art and have done work in many different areas. I do consider myself an artist, and some have actually said I am one. Smile

I've been working a little at woodburning again, lately, among other things. Also, recently publicized this sketch...

I LOVE cows, too. Smile
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
I've always enjoyed designing, building and painting props and acts. Also, I've enjoyed illustrating for the Magic field.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
I used to do quite a bit of cartoons. Had them in some local 'zines and free papers, but nothing big. I sure enjoyed it. We had to do a drawing task for one of my classes this quarter and everyone said I was the best "draw-er" Smile
And I write a lot of short stories. I'd like to get some into some magazines or something one of these days. Maybe horror or sci-fi anthologies, that would be cool.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
925 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Fused glass..... jewelry, dinner plates, ikebana bowls, sushi plates etc.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6011 Posts

Profile of motown
I have an art degree and have put my creative talents to use in the advertising world for over 25 years. I've created hundreds of commercials and ads for a variety of clients. I also enjoy photography and watercolor painting. I also love going to art and design museums for inspiration. Never get tired of it.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I consider myself first and foremost an artist, though my "art" is philosophy. No one has ever really questioned me about this, which is interesting; apparently we're willing to accept any definition of art whatsoever these days--without explanation. Kinda weakens the meaning of art altogether, if everything can be art. If you ask me. But no one asked me.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
It's the way you do it that makes it art.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
2909 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
I'm a theatrical designer, although I don't consider it "art." Certainly it's creative, and hopefully my sets are cool to look at, and they darn well better support the production, and all that, but they don't stand on their own as self-contained "pieces that make their own statement." They're more like physical solutions to specific problems.

Now, if someone wants to hire me to do a set, they can call it art or anything else they want... after they pay me. Smile
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2011-12-10 14:43, stoneunhinged wrote:
Kinda weakens the meaning of art altogether, if everything can be art. If you ask me. But no one asked me.

:applause: Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Graphic artist in traditional media as well as CGI stills and animation. I am a musician - keys and vocals. Related to music is synthesizer programming which is as much an art as a science.

I tried poetry once and couldn't find a rhyme for orange. Smile

Ahimsa,
Vlad
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
"door hinge"
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5022 Posts

Profile of landmark
In these parts we say "R-inj."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Anyone else here an artist of some sort? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL