The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Impromptu Card Through Window (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
You guys are going to like this.
evikshin
View Profile
Special user
896 Posts

Profile of evikshin
Sounds great!

Few Questions:

-Are there gimmicks to be carried around? (I totally understand that a trick can still be impromptu if the gimmick is something that we carry around with us normally, everyday.)

-Also, does the card really penetrate the glass, or does it only *appear* to be behind the glass?

-Can it be done on sealed windows or does it need to be a window where you can access the other side?

-Is it a flash appearance, or does it occur under some form of cover?

-Most importantly, the signed card that appears on the other side really is the signed card, and no s___tch is required, right? (please say yes)

I appreciate the heads up.

Peace

Evikshin
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

As I said, all you need is a deck of cards (may be borrowed), a window, and a sharpie (if you want the card to be signed).

You do need to have access to the others side (aren't all impromptu card through window's like that?).

The card slowly melts through with no cover.

It really is their card on the other side, the second it penetrates, the spectator may go to the other side of the door (locked if you want) and retrieve the card.

I hope that helps.
cardlover
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of cardlover
[quote]On 2008-02-01 18:18, Masonogy1 wrote:
Sorry guys, it’s not been released yet, I think Will got mistaken haha! But it will be released within the next couple of days, who knows when... maybe even today!!!

A little history behind this effect: Well this was created LONG before any of you may even be thinking! Some of you may even remember this thread which dates back to late 2005: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=59

About the history.

Are you going to incliude your original as a bonus?

Seems people on that thread were skeptical about your claims and it would be smart to include them, so people didn't question this offering.

I do wish you luck, but so many people are throwing things together now and I only have so much allowance and want to spend it wisely.
Masonogy1
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of Masonogy1
Haha, no I'm not including the old one as a bonus, because one its completely different in method and two it would need gimmicks//supplies! Sorry, but I'm only offering this effect!

I am hoping to get this online later on today! So watch out boys and girls! Smile
SM41
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of SM41
Hope it is good, I have search a lot for CTW effects..
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Yeah, this is definantly practical.
Masonogy1
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of Masonogy1
I think its good Santiego! hehe Smile
evikshin
View Profile
Special user
896 Posts

Profile of evikshin
Thanks Will for clearing up some of my inquiries! I am looking forward to it.

Quote:

You do need to have access to the others side (aren't all impromptu card through window's like that?).

I would say that Liquid CTW is a notable exception, though.

Regards

Evikshin
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Yes, Liquid is an exception. Your welcome.
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Quote:
On 2008-02-01 20:36, evikshin wrote:
Sounds great!

-Also, does the card really penetrate the glass, or does it only *appear* to be behind the glass?

Is there a version where the card really penetrates the glass? Smile

Mike
evikshin
View Profile
Special user
896 Posts

Profile of evikshin
Quote:
On 2008-02-02 00:50, Ichazod wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-02-01 20:36, evikshin wrote:
Sounds great!

Is there a version where the card really penetrates the glass? Smile

Mike

My apologies, I could've worded that better. What I meant was does the card actually end up on the other side, or do we merely pretend that its on the other side? There are some versions where the card is never on the other side, but through the use of presentation and subtle convincers, you get the audience to really believe that it is.

Evikshin
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

As I said earlier, it really is on the other side.
Masonogy1
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of Masonogy1

HERE IT IS:

http://www.mmagic.net/ICTW.htm

Its a 20 page booklet filled with lots of insights and details regarding the effect! There are also some neat, EXTRA handlings that I'm sure you will love!

I hope you enjoy this simple, clever and logical miricle!

I'll leave you on this note:

What you put in... is what you will get out...

Cheers
Mason Roberts
gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
872 Posts

Profile of gitty
The BUY NOW button doesn't work!
WALTHER
Masonogy1
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of Masonogy1
Sorry dude, I re-did the code for the button! It should work now!

Cheers
Mason
Aaron123
View Profile
New user
So. Cal.
8 Posts

Profile of Aaron123
I recently had the opportunity to take an early peak at this new creation from Mason Roberts, and all I can really say is how incredibly clever it is. He definitely is by no means a mainstream name in the magic community…yet, but with a creative mind like his, we will definitely be seeing plenty more from this young up and coming magician. With that being said, I would like to familiarize all of you with his newest effect, simply titled: Impromptu Card Through Window. At first thought, the average magician might think, “Another card through window?” This kind of reaction is completely understandable, but if you give me a chance, I would like to explain why this is clearly not the case.

The basic effect is simple. A card is selected and signed. The spectators are invited to walk around and inspect the glass surface that is about to be penetrated. Then the card is placed onto the glass, adjusted into position, and passed through onto the other side. The hands end clean, the deck is clean, the window is clean, and the card is clean. *Insert witty remark about bathing here* Everything can be examined once again!

For starters, this is impromptu. That just about eliminated at least 90% of the other CTW effects on the market. And since doing unprepared “street magic” seems to be the big thing right now, how perfect! Second, the card can be signed, which is also considered to be quite important to many. Third, the card visually and openly goes through the window. I would repeat that, but I’m sure most of us are familiar with how Tivo works and can read that line as many times as they feel necessary. Lastly, since this is impromptu, you can use any deck of cards without any preparation or other props, so you can all put away your “you know what,” assuming you even know what I’m talking about.

What you are getting with this effect is a 20 page pdf that goes into more than enough detail on the full routine, tips, alternate handlings, and plenty of action photos to help you follow along. You can clearly tell that plenty of thought has been put into this effect because of all the nice side notes being included through out. Unfortunately, it is that great amount of development that will at first make many disregard this effect that can ultimately be so strong. Buried within, are a lot of psychological elements that will create an effect so strong for spectators, that they truly will see the impossible happen before them. But in order to uncover each powerful part of this, it’s crucial, as with any piece of magic, to seriously take some time and actually work out the details before going out into the “real world” that we all love so much more than isolation and solitude. Don’t worry, though, it will be quite worth it.

As with any great piece of magic, there are going to be flaws. This can’t be done surrounded. Then again, what CTW is? There are slight angle problems, but that is why you must spend at least some time working out how you will present this for a group. Also, this is not a card through any window. You are going to need a surface that you can easily have access to both sides of, such as a sliding glass door. Keep in mind, when you do pass the card through, the door can be shut and even locked. Similar to the previous statement but on a larger level, this effect can only be done when you have the correct environment around you. Lastly, some audience management is required for the supplied handling, and as Mason mentions, he is offering a standard method. Like with practicing a new effect, it’s always a great idea to add our own touches to make sure an effect fits any needs that we may have.

All in all, I’m very pleased with this new effect, and I think anyone who purchases it will be as well. Everyone’s repertoire has room for a CTW and this one meets any requirement that I could ever imagine having. It also works great alongside other effects, and has been designed to be strong enough to be a closer. And for those of you who may ask to see a demo, it really is not necessary. The effect is plainly described and is exactly as a spectator would repeat it, and they probably would even describe it in far less words, while still maintaining the strength of what happens. Magic is about creating moments in the audience’s heads with the simplest of effects. Luckily, this one is very strong and the clever psychological additions only help to increase it that much more.

I highly recommend this to anyone interested in Card Through Window routines as well as those who already may have a version but are interested in seeing a fresh and new approach. I look forward to seeing what many of you have to say about this new and exciting item on the market.

-A.
cosmicsecret
View Profile
Special user
Germany - Mannheim
504 Posts

Profile of cosmicsecret
Okay I have placed my order.

Jerry
Masonogy1
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of Masonogy1
Quote:
On 2008-02-02 06:04, cosmicsecret wrote:
Okay I have placed my order.

Jerry

I sent your order out Jerry, I hope you enjoy it! Let me know of any problems!! Smile
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
870 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Just placed my order too,

looking forward to it Mason, sounds great.

Ben
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Impromptu Card Through Window (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL