The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Do you have any questions about the Misers Dream? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
cardone
View Profile
Special user
858 Posts

Profile of cardone
I got it ....Well I only got a chance to watch the first disk ...and well ...I knew I would learn somthing to improve my misers dream that I have been doing for 10 years .....I learned a lot of little details ...a lot ! I can't wait to see the rest ... I even got to use a few tips right away ..I had two shows on Sat and both programs had my coin act ...I watched the first dvd and used some of the advice in the second show .... Thanks for the high standards Levent ! Keep up the good work !
Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
Hi Guys:

Thanks for all the kind comments

Levent

P.S. PWolverine - I really have nothing to do with the customer service on my site. Most of the time I am performing and traveling while on tour. All of the credit goes to the people that actually do the packing, shipping and handle the customer correspondence for LeventMagic.com

I will however make sure that the folks at my shipping department are made aware of your comments!
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2231 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Levent, I watched your Miser's DVD four times now. I want to know if all the coins you use have been edged/burred by the cutting tool of your Dremel. So far, I have made 10. It consumes 1 cutting disk per coin. I use the thinnest cut-off disk 15/16 X 0.25. I now find it easier to handle my coins. Thanks!
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
Hi Lou:

Wow, I think you've watch the Miser's DVD more times than I have Smile

The only coins that I have milled were the ones from the stack that sits in the holder inside my table. All the other coins have not been milled. The reason is because I find it easy to visually separate the milled coins from the other ones very quickly. So when I have to do several shows in a row, it speeds up my reset a bit.

I suppose the other coins could be milled, but I think the milling might interfere with the palmouflage material?

The Dremel cutting disk I used can mill about 6 or 7 silver dollars before I need to change the disk. Perhaps your coins might be harder metal than mine?

In any case, I am currently performing in Atlantic City. When I get back home I will got to my workshop and I will post on this thread, the exact kind of cutting disk I used!

Levent
cardone
View Profile
Special user
858 Posts

Profile of cardone
Hey DVD #2 is my fave so far .... ...Levent ,who made the coin wand in the dvd.?...I always thought that all black coin wands were the best not a wand with white tips ....(too hard to see the color contrast......thanks for your time .....
Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
Hi Cardone:

I had purchased my coin wand from John Mueller (a former magic demonstrator at Louis Tannens) in 1989.

John has long since passed away, so I don't know where he got it from. But the year on the coin is 1947 so the prop could be up to 61 years old.

I agree that it is better to use an all black wand as it offers a greater optical contrast with the silver coin. From photos that I've seen of T. Nelson Downs posing with various coin wands, I noticed that his wands are also all black.

Levent
cardone
View Profile
Special user
858 Posts

Profile of cardone
Thanks for the info ....Do you know if the Neil Foster coin act is only published in the Chavez course? I have seen it performed and I always like the flow.....I think Abbots still make the Foster pail that is in the Bobo book....I used to demo at Tannens awhile ago and I remember that they had their own coin wands made for a while ....it might be a Lou Tannen coin wand ...
Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
Hi Cardone:

I've never seen Neil Foster perform the Miser's Dream. Perhaps you could could ask Dale Salwak if Foster's routine is in the Chavez Course?

A few days back I was at Fantasma Magic in NYC and they had a glass case which contained some of Flosso's props. I liked his coin wand, it looked very sturdy and well made.

Over the years I've seen quite a few coin wands and they all seem to have something unique about their construction.

This is completely unlike the folding coins which seem to be made in exactly the same way for over a hundred years.

Levent
cardone
View Profile
Special user
858 Posts

Profile of cardone
Every coin wand I have seen for sale has white, silver or gold/brass tips ...no all black .... I guess a little black tape would help......The abbotts wand seem nice for the price and now it uses half dollars not palming coins ....
cardone
View Profile
Special user
858 Posts

Profile of cardone
I just saw the rest of the dvd ........ amazing work ! What a collection of history and innovation ...and I must say your version is insanely brilliant ! Nice work.... and I must ask what project are you going to pursue next ?
Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
Hi Cardone:

I have quite a few things in the works, but I prefer not to discuss them until they come closer to being finished.

But I can say that I shot two instant download instructional videos for Fantasma Magic.

The first video is my version of the sleight of hand Diminishing Cards. I do teach this effect on my Manipulation Lecture DVD. But this version is for people that are just interested in the Diminishing Cards (also on the instant download video is a little bonus where I teach the one-handed waterfall catch).

The second downloadable video teaches my version of Charlie Millers three rope trick.

These video are not available yet. But as soon as they are I will provide a link through my website.

Levent
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
I have a T Nelson Downs coin (token) that was made for a coin wand, I don't know if he had designed it or not.
Doug Peters
View Profile
Special user
I have a life, so I only have
592 Posts

Profile of Doug Peters
These DVDs are simply outstanding... they set a new standard! There should be a groundswell of demand among all magicians to insist that more and more publications reach this level of scholarship!

Thank you, Levent!!
"if you have any answers, it's time to ask harder questions!"
Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
Quote:
On 2008-05-12 09:37, Lou Hilario wrote:
Levent, I watched your Miser's DVD four times now. I want to know if all the coins you use have been edged/burred by the cutting tool of your Dremel. So far, I have made 10. It consumes 1 cutting disk per coin. I use the thinnest cut-off disk 15/16 X 0.25. I now find it easier to handle my coins. Thanks!

Hi Lou:

I just got home and looked at the dremel discs that I used to mill my coins. They are the Dremel #426 Reinforced Cut-Off Wheels.

They come in a package of 5 wheels and in the USA they cost about $5.00

--------------------------------------

Hi Terry

I have seen those Downs coins before. I could be wrong about this, but I believe that Downs had them custom made through the Roterberg company 1904. Before that he used regular palming coins from Roterberg.

--------------------------------------

Hi Doug:

I'm so glad you enjoyed the DVDs!!!

Best regards to all,
Levent
Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
Hi All:

I've been asked by a few of the purchasers of "The Ultimate Guide to The Miser's Dream", if I had a DVD chapter list, that could be printed out.

In order to comply with this request, I've made a single page PDF that can be downloaded from my site. You can find it by going to the "Magic Products for Sale" page. At the bottom of that page is a link to the "Product Support Center". At the bottom of the "Product Support Center" page is a link that will let you download a PDF copy of the Miser's DVD Chapter List.

Or you can go directly to the following URL: http://web.mac.com/leventmagic/LeventMag......ter.html

When I get a chance I will make a downloadable DVD chapter list for my other DVDs and I will also created a link at the bottom of the "Product Support Center" page.

Best regards,
Levent
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13419 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Wonderful. I just printed it out. All on 1 page. Gotta like that!
Thanks!

What DVDs are in the works? Anything?
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Undone
View Profile
New user
Connecticut
54 Posts

Profile of Undone
Thanks Levent, this is greatly appreciated!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I just got finished ordering it. I can't wait.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I just received mine. I will leave comments when I finish watching all three DVDs.
Flying Magus
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of Flying Magus
I have to say Levent in=s one crazy man! I didn't even know champagne buckets had 'wazoos', yet he has gimmicked his right up it.

Seriously, the DVD set is comprehensive and very well produced. Levent's own routine is incredibly clean and justifies the work he has done on his bucket. I still laughed all the way through the 3rd disc. Somebody take away that man's Dremel - please!
Magically yours,

Michel Fouché
Believe in the Impossible
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Do you have any questions about the Misers Dream? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL