The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Favorite self-working tricks: comprehensive collection of threads (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Cool post!
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Sagar
View Profile
New user
India
36 Posts

Profile of Sagar
Nice post! Thanks a lot, Topov!
There is one force I can always - ALWAYS - rely on - gravity.
stefano59
View Profile
New user
Roma - Italia
5 Posts

Profile of stefano59
I'm new to this forum and I just say THANKS for your reserch
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Thanks!
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Thanks so much for the great list of effects.
todd
ummer21
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of ummer21
The Magic Shop in Levittown NY on Wantagh, Ave has recently moved. Phil the Owner showed me a great one where you let them cut the deck as much as they want. Then you tell them how many cards theirs is from the top. he said its the oldest trick in the book, but I have spoken to young magicians who have never heard of it before. PM if you want the details.
WalterPlinge
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of WalterPlinge
Quote:
On 2013-01-19 12:01, ummer21 wrote:
The Magic Shop in Levittown NY on Wantagh, Ave has recently moved. Phil the Owner showed me a great one where you let them cut the deck as much as they want. Then you tell them how many cards theirs is from the top. he said its the oldest trick in the book, but I have spoken to young magicians who have never heard of it before. PM if you want the details.

Sounds like the Lazy Man's Card Trick.
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
That's what it is. - "Oldest trick in the book" except that nobody was doing anything like it, and I was fooling top names in magic with it, etc., - until I put it into CLOSE-UP CARD MAGIC in 1962. I think I can cite a couple of thousand tricks that are OLDER. I love this great piece of knowledge!
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
WalterPlinge
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of WalterPlinge
Quote:
On 2013-02-11 21:15, Harry Lorayne wrote:
That's what it is. - "Oldest trick in the book" except that nobody was doing anything like it, and I was fooling top names in magic with it, etc., - until I put it into CLOSE-UP CARD MAGIC in 1962. I think I can cite a couple of thousand tricks that are OLDER. I love this great piece of knowledge!

Yes, that's where I learned it -- from your book, Harry. It is still one of my favorite tricks, and one of my favorite books!
louisk
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of louisk
Thanks !
alicauchy
View Profile
Veteran user
Málaga, Spain
310 Posts

Profile of alicauchy
Quote:

I hope this will be a useful resource for those researching self-working card tricks. Enjoy!

Have just discovered this thread of threads. I guess I will be busy for some time with all the material referred to.

Thank you for offering your search to the community.
So much to do, so little time . . .
galerius
View Profile
Loyal user
Piemontese Alps ( Northwestern Italy )
245 Posts

Profile of galerius
Yes, a very useful thread !
( Aw btw...first three links aren't working ; I don't know if it's just an issue of mine or they no longer exist - I get an error message - anyway I just wanted notify of this )
priyanshu
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of priyanshu
The same problem here.
I think first three forum links are dead.
dmoriarty
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of dmoriarty
Wow, I came here to find some good SWCTs, and hit the jackpot! A hearty thanks is in order. I double-checked, and the first 3 links are, indeed, dead. Any chance to fix them or are those threads long gone?
AKMan
View Profile
New user
Covington, WA
56 Posts

Profile of AKMan
I often open with Gemini Twins. It moves fast and the spectator thinks they're doing the magic. Lazy Man's Card Trick and Do as I Do are also great. I think Scarne's Cross Suits is a sleeper. Very strong and has worked for me.
BitterBrewerAZ
View Profile
New user
Tucson, AZ
65 Posts

Profile of BitterBrewerAZ
It's nice to have these threads combined, thanks! Looking forward to breaking into High Caliber when it gets here. I like Overkill but don't do too many other self-workers.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2014, globalm wrote:
Howtogetridofcelluliteforgood.com how to get rid of cellulite

Work through all the effects in one day.
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
A fantastic and much appreciated resource. I'm going to knuckle down and try to work my way through as many as I can. I recently discovered Tamariz "neither blind nor stupid" which combined with a great little tweak to the ending suggested very kindly by a fellow Magic Café member now leads me directly into "out of this world." I'm now looking for the next step in my routine which I'm pretty certain I'll discover via this thread. Many thanks for creating it!
Amilkar
View Profile
New user
Barcelona-Spain
7 Posts

Profile of Amilkar
Dear friend Bob,

As suggested in ROBERTO LIGHT book, you can finish this small routine with another mental effect of telephaty.

Truly yours,

F. Amílcar Riega I Bello.
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, California
888 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Another trick that I just found and is now in my favorites is Here's Your Card by Herb Rungie, described in J.G. Thompson's, "My Best."

http://themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic......start=46
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Favorite self-working tricks: comprehensive collection of threads (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL