We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » The Highest Quality of Rope? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2008-04-13 07:53, joseph wrote:
I purchased some awesome Euro rope from HERE ..

I have purchased that nylon rope in the past from a local magic shop. No shop around me sells it anymore. Thank you for bringing it up Joseph.

I like that rope. The quality is good. The core is in one strand.

Anyone else have any more comments on it?
ReDeFiNe
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
275 Posts

Profile of ReDeFiNe
Quote:
On 2008-09-19 22:25, Al Angello wrote:
Gentlemen
My hunt through out this thread was to find a suitable rope for the Dennis Loomis knot routine plus, and if you read all of my posts here you will see that I did not find rope suitable for this purpose until I bought some striped rope from Jeremy. If I have started a controversy here please forgive me. I happen to like both of you guys.

Jeremy
How many languages do you speak? If the answer is more than one I will forgive you for using subtle instead of supple.

Hi Al,

I do thank you very much for praising the quality of the ropes which I use for my sets.

I do speak more then one language of course... didn't check my post as I typed it midnight in Tokyo Japan after a long day of work.

Jeremy
Jeremy Pei
www.TheSocialMagician.com

For Magicians by Magicians
www.RedefineMagicOutlet.com
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1126 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
I have purchased Dany's 10MM - 3/8" Rope and can
honestly say that it is EXCELLENT Rope!!! Smile

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

www.FrankThurstonMagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Magic-of-Frank-Thurston/116625117910?ref=nf
dbaronian
View Profile
Regular user
Northridge, CA
199 Posts

Profile of dbaronian
Hey Frank,
Thank you, I appreciate it. Wait til you see what I have in stock now...Magic Castle Swap Meet, Oct 18, I'll be in the Palace.

Dany
BaronianTrading.com...your #1 source for magicians' rope.
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1126 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
Ooooo! Can't wait!

I will see you there!

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

www.FrankThurstonMagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Magic-of-Frank-Thurston/116625117910?ref=nf
dbaronian
View Profile
Regular user
Northridge, CA
199 Posts

Profile of dbaronian
Hello Frank,
how did you REALLY feel about the ropes?
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
I can vouch for Dany's rope, both quality and price are excellent. Got a big spool at the spring Swap, loved it and then ran out 2/3rds thru the season...scrambled all over the dollar stores looking for suitable hanks.

This last Swap, I picked up 2 reels of his new fat rope. Love it. I can make a 5' length last 3 shows, so the cost is minimal.

If you crank thru lengths of rope because of the effects that you do, and don't want to compromise the look of the effect by using cheap carppy stuff...I'd recommend trying a 100m reel of Dany's rope. The cost is minimal and the look and feel is very good.

Rope is like Center Tears...we've all got our favorite for our own reasons. I like Dany's for cost and feel.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Bill Thompson
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
422 Posts

Profile of Bill Thompson
So what is difference between Dany's rope and Uday & Loftus rope?
"To let understanding stop at what cannot be understood is a high attainment.
Those who cannot do it will be destroyed on the lathe of heaven." - Chuang Tse
dbaronian
View Profile
Regular user
Northridge, CA
199 Posts

Profile of dbaronian
Quote:
On 2008-10-28 13:42, Tom Jorgenson wrote:
I can vouch for Dany's rope, both quality and price are excellent. Got a big spool at the spring Swap, loved it and then ran out 2/3rds thru the season...scrambled all over the dollar stores looking for suitable hanks.

This last Swap, I picked up 2 reels of his new fat rope. Love it. I can make a 5' length last 3 shows, so the cost is minimal.

If you crank thru lengths of rope because of the effects that you do, and don't want to compromise the look of the effect by using cheap carppy stuff...I'd recommend trying a 100m reel of Dany's rope. The cost is minimal and the look and feel is very good.

Rope is like Center Tears...we've all got our favorite for our own reasons. I like Dany's for cost and feel.

Hello Tom,
I'm trying to put a face to the name but I can't!!! But thank you so much for the kind words. At anytime you are out of ropes, let me know. Either send me a private message through the Café, or come to my website http://www.BaronianTrading.com

Thank You
dbaronian
View Profile
Regular user
Northridge, CA
199 Posts

Profile of dbaronian
Quote:
On 2008-10-28 16:05, misterbill wrote:
So what is difference between Dany's rope and Uday & Loftus rope?

Hello Bill,
Honestly, the only way you're going to know the difference is to just give it a try. We can all claim that we carry the best ropes, but it may not be the BEST for YOU. Everyone has their favorite, and usually stick to it in fear of change. I am trying to expand my selection but it does take some time. Once I get something new I will post here. But give it a try...it's great ropes at great prices.

Dany Baronian
http://www.BaronianTrading.com
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
My opinion: Braided, hollow core- by elite, Empire, or Baronian.
Murphys magic distributes the elite, and is available to most dealers.
The Baronian company might make deals cause you deal with a real person, and exlusively rope.
------------
I carry loftus right now, hollow core nice diameter but synthetic but very close to cotton. $30 for 300' retail (my old cotton price). My opinion is that I would rather sell the cotton, but my customers won't go for the elite price. The loftus, for me is speculation and I am considering buying from Baronian because I like cotton. My site is http://www.rope.ws
-----------
I used to carry cotton in bulk from Georgia. 100% cotton core over cotton casing. This was most versatile for my lectures and rope effects. Nice and soft, unbleached with a remove-able 3 strand core. The source dried up.
------
D robbins started to carry some cotton with multi-strand 10 to 15 strands of string inside. At first it was soft, now it;s been coming in starchy and really sucks in feel and quality. It will cut, but it is a scratchy material.
----------
Walmart is the bottom of the barrel rope, good for emergency rope or tying a carcass to your hood. Not for magic.
-----------
My opinion, best quality, okay price, dollar for dollar is baronian or buy it wholesale in quantity.
-----------
Daryl rope is pricey and he is just reselling it. Good quality.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
dbaronian
View Profile
Regular user
Northridge, CA
199 Posts

Profile of dbaronian
Ian,
Are you up to something? lol. I appreciate the plug.
For those who do "knot" know the story...my first bulk purchase (300') was from Ian. I needed good rope at a good price but wanted to buy enough to be able to practice, Ian was a good source. Unfortunately, I bought the last of his ropes. Then I decided, well 300 feet isn't really enough, I need to buy LOTS MORE. So I started making my own.

The 8mm ropes with core are great for practicing and maybe some close up material...that's what I use it for. But everyone has their own style and the types of ropes that they're use to.
All my other ropes work well for close up, parlour and stage.
In fact, I've been working on the Tabary routine, and I felt the most comfortable using the 10mm no core rope that I sell. I can use the 8mm too, but the 10mm coreless feels much better.
And actually, the 10mm no core rope that I sell is very similar to Daryls, but not as white.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Making your rope? You have a tube weaver or whatever? Cotton tube machine? Or do you have it made?
Either way, I am impressed or just professionally jealous.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
dbaronian
View Profile
Regular user
Northridge, CA
199 Posts

Profile of dbaronian
Ok ok correction....I get rope made for me.
;)
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Okay, while I am splitting hairs...is it made FOR you on your specs? Or, does it exist and you found a good source and buy the inventory? Cause, that's the way I buy rope. Ya gotta find that source.
I found an excellant source for "our" rope was thru an umbrella company who built the large umbrellas and used the rope 100% cotton 10mm to pull the umbrella open and tie it off.
They wouldn't let me have their supplier.
dbaronian
View Profile
Regular user
Northridge, CA
199 Posts

Profile of dbaronian
Quote:
On 2008-10-30 11:54, magicians wrote:
Okay, while I am splitting hairs...is it made FOR you on your specs? Or, does it exist and you found a good source and buy the inventory? Cause, that's the way I buy rope. Ya gotta find that source.
I found an excellant source for "our" rope was thru an umbrella company who built the large umbrellas and used the rope 100% cotton 10mm to pull the umbrella open and tie it off.
They wouldn't let me have their supplier.

Made FOR ME.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13382 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
The camirand rope is awesome. it's not something I would use for scissor routines due to the price but 1 pack will make you at least 3 professor's nightmare setups.

The rope is very "responsive" becuase it has some weight to it. It's also beautiful and feels great, as well.

The stage rope is a bit too bulky/heavy to carry around at a strolling gig so I use the parlor rope for that.

If you care, the camirand rope also glows under black light.

For scissor routines the Loftus is great. I usually stuff some in the box as a sample so my customers know what it is and can decide if they like it.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1418 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
I was in Home Depot and found some fun rope. Very soft poly rope, 3/8" diamond braid, removable core, $10 for 100 feet in many colors.
That is, it is one main color with two different colors braided in.
I picked up bright gold/ yellow with green and black flecks. The shine from the polyester gives it a bit of show business.

It is a little stiff with the core. The core is thick and comes out easily. Ends will fray but can be heated or taped.
Very easy to cut without the core and you could also make your own Indian Rope effects.
They had A dark pink, Blue and a Green. Sorry know white.

The colors really pop.
Made by Lehigh #MFP8100 "mildew resistant."

For any not tricks you have to make sure you tie tight since the knots can come undone easier than with cotton.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
You are working too hard, and the price is not much more than most good cotton ropes. The bulk of guys looking for the holy graille of rope are guys who are trying to replace the loss of the good cotton ropes that were made in the U.S. for years and have just become unavailable.
The hardware store ropes in vinyl, polyester and anything other than soft cotton are problematic.
I sell 100' of hollow core synthetic rope for $10 and so do most shops, and baroniantrading has 328 feet of really nice cotton starting at $28, so why suffer with poor substitutes.
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1077 Posts

Profile of taller8
I like the Elite camirand 10mm rope. It's perfect for a Fiber Optics routine. The Daryl rope is nice and soft and thick, but too limp for Fiber Optics.

I bought the 10mm rope, and it still doesn't look as wide as what Richard Sanders uses on the F.O. video. I wonder what thickness he uses?

The Elite rope is great because it holds it's position for F.O. moves.

If you want to perform Fiber Optics, (which is great) try the Elite Camirand rope.

Just my two strands worth.

Paul
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » The Highest Quality of Rope? (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL