The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Copy Max » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Virungan
View Profile
Inner circle
Here and There
1156 Posts

Profile of Virungan
They say you can get a cheap imitation of almost any product made for you in Asia...

Even Max Maven...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRxlTVVzxJw

:)
Smile When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...Smile
malkav
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of malkav
psychicturtle
View Profile
Special user
UK
821 Posts

Profile of psychicturtle
Hey, Deddy may copy Max's character, but you have to hand it to him, he is a good performer, a very kind person (I have asked him for permission to use his ideas before and he was more than helpful) and he created the brilliant 'Free Will' amongst other things.

And hey, at least he goes out there and does it for real as so many on the Café do not (not directed at you guys, obviously!).
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Gotta agree with you.

Deddy does a great job.

Jim
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
wesz
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of wesz
As for Walking on Water, Deddy Corbuzier was asked by one of the biggest water park in Indonesia, to do what Chriss Angel did... I was one of the magic consultant in this act.

I believe that is not violating any magician rules.

The show was fabulous and I think Deddy did that very good...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OtzHpiLsFs&feature=related
malkav
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of malkav
I should not have posted without knowing the history. I just thought everything was copied including the camera angles. but those could be approved.
hendramagic
View Profile
Regular user
INDONESIA
140 Posts

Profile of hendramagic
Quote:
On 2008-02-03 23:00, malkav wrote:
I should not have posted without knowing the history. I just thought everything was copied including the camera angles. but those could be approved.


Maybe All magician can do the same trick. Like Effect Criss Angel do walking in water, Marco Tempest can do same Effect, Deddy do Same Effect to. Mr Maric form Magician Japan do same Effect 2. I think its doesn't matter what magician do the same trick. The point is how magician can make amazing do same trick in closer eye spectator. Like Balduci Levitation , how many magician do it this trick. Much Magician do. Like Character Max Maven between Character Deddy Corbuzier if we see the character like same. Its not Important, they have same decision choose this character because they like this character. I think friend is important. They like King Ming from China. Friendship with all magician another country its Good. Peace all
obijuan
View Profile
Loyal user
New Lenox
242 Posts

Profile of obijuan
Maybe Max is a copy of Deddy?
Max Maven
View Profile
V.I.P.
261 Posts

Profile of Max Maven
Quote:
On 2008-03-19 01:03, obijuan wrote:
Maybe Max is a copy of Deddy?


Unlikely, considering that I've been using my own face for longer than Mr. Corbuzier has been alive.
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
So........

what is the point of this Thread???

This Forum is suppose to be "MAGICIAN HELPING MAGICIAN"

Not MAGICIAN BASHING OTHER MAGICIAN
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6287 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2008-03-19 07:50, mesmer wrote:
So........

what is the point of this Thread???

This Forum is suppose to be "MAGICIAN HELPING MAGICIAN"

Not MAGICIAN BASHING OTHER MAGICIAN


Maybe that someone has out and out taken a person's stage persona... including look and style. Deddy might have some good inventions of his own, but why does he have to "TAKE" Max's look? This is a direct copy of the look. If he were caught doing it to a Disney character he would probably get sued... unfortunately in the magic world people steal all the time and the crowd cheers as long as they get cool products from them.

greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12086 Posts

Profile of John C
I think it was meant in jest for sure for other performers. I also think it would be a compliment to Max Maven for even caring and thinking about him. The trick worked and everyone had a good time...(see the girl laugh!)

John
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Virungan
View Profile
Inner circle
Here and There
1156 Posts

Profile of Virungan
Agreed- the guy is a great inventor and a very nice guy- look how much money he just raised for charity with his last release... But isn't the wholesale lifting of someone's entire persona a little odd???

Is it flattery? Ask Max...
Smile When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...Smile
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
835 Posts

Profile of RileyG
Quote:
On 2008-03-19 05:23, Max Maven wrote:
Unlikely, considering that I've been using my own face for longer than Mr. Corbuzier has been alive.


Max,

You got that right my friend... Peace my Brother...
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
andyfisher
View Profile
Veteran user
Norwich, UK
319 Posts

Profile of andyfisher
While imitation can be a form of flattery, it can also simply reflect a lack of individual creativity! Obviously Deddy does have a creative track record and so I find it curious that he would choose to so closely mimic Max's persona.

Given Max's reaction on this thread and knowing a little of him as a person and a performer, I think it's apparent in this case that the 'flattery' is neither welcome or appreciated!

Salieri destroyed himself, not because he was not Mozart, but because he nver discovered who Salieri was. I am sure Deddy is a positive energy in the world, but perhaps as Deddy rather than Max mach2 he could bring even more positivity to bear? I would be curious to hear his thoughts on this matter.
'Reading people and bringing them together'

www.doodlemeatree.com
VIEW
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of VIEW
Nice to see max around.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12086 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2008-03-19 12:11, andyfisher wrote:
While imitation can be a form of flattery, it can also simply reflect a lack of individual creativity! Obviously Deddy does have a creative track record and so I find it curious that he would choose to so closely mimic Max's persona.


So, since Deddy IS a creative force logic dictates he MUST have been complimenting Mr Maven?

Quote:

Given Max's reaction on this thread and knowing a little of him as a person and a performer, I think it's apparent in this case that the 'flattery' is neither welcome or appreciated!



I didn't get that from Mr. Maven's post at all. He just said he's been himself longer than Deddy's been him ...

Com'n!! it was just a gag!!

Live long and prosper!!

John
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
VIEW
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of VIEW
Max's sense of humour comes across much clearer in person that's for sure. I'd hate to see a lonely heart ad written by him.
andyfisher
View Profile
Veteran user
Norwich, UK
319 Posts

Profile of andyfisher
Point taken Johncesta - I may be misreading Max's response and he may condone and even celebrate Deddy's flair for pastiche - perhaps Max will clarify that himself in due course.

As for the first point you make, I guess Deddy is the one to ask about his motives for presenting himself as he does - I simply identified the anomolie between his obvious creative potential and his decision to mimic in this instance. Maybe it's a postmodern statement - perhaps his image is the equivalent of T.S. Eliot's opening to 'The Wasteland' - 'these fragments have I shored up against my ruin' - maybe he feels that the archetype he embodies is bigger than he or Max as individuals but just maybe his creative potential (which is not in question) is NOT reflected in this particular choice??

I am expressing a curiosity to know rather than laying down a judgement - how people arrive at their persona is a topic I find particularly interesting. I'd love to hear from Deddy and/or Max - and if they choose not to coment, then I guess it will remain one more mystery in a profession full of them! As you say in your sign off, may one and all 'live long and prosper'!
'Reading people and bringing them together'

www.doodlemeatree.com
jasons_mind
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of jasons_mind
Quote:
On 2008-03-19 05:23, Max Maven wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-03-19 01:03, obijuan wrote:
Maybe Max is a copy of Deddy?


Unlikely, considering that I've been using my own face for longer than Mr. Corbuzier has been alive.


Snap! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Copy Max » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL