The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » February Linking Ring arrived » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
653 Posts

Profile of Michael Taggert
Thanks Sammy and steve for answering this issue. This show the level that the board members put into the organization. for those folks who do not have great service From USPS understand that each region and distribution ceneter is run almost autonomosly and there is differing levels of commitment to getting certain peices of mail to your home. My LR arrives without fail every month during the first week of the month. I live in the washington dc area and the mail here is under HEAVY security so the USPS is very slow here and we get it on time I however just recieved a letter from my mom wholives 150 miles from here and the letter had been postmarked from Florida and took 3 weeks to arrive. this is how messed up our postal system is.
Give the LR a break gang they get it in distribution. Thanks to the wonderfull world of electronic communication we can talk about the LR before it even hits the bookshelves but I promise the world will not end if your copy is late getting to you.
Go to the IBM website and read the electronic copy if you have to.
Believe you then that I do strange things
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
Steve, FYI, I have tried contacting SPS and the HQ and I have yet to receive a response. I have tried contacting them for over 3-months via e-mail and phone and again NO RESPONSE. I will have to disagree with you on the delivery issues. Before the NEW EDITOR taking over I DID Receive my LR in the first week of the month. I now receive my LR on a continuing basis the 3rd week of the month. So I am SORRY but you are NOT CORRECT. The issues have not been solved. Also as far as the LR on line I DO NOT care for On-Line reading of a Magazine. I paid for a Hard Copy and that is what I want to read. We as members need to start taking back our IBM for US not for the benefit of the Board Members. If we decide as a WHOLE to have the LR arrive at the end of the previous month then we should put that to a vote and let the members decide not the BOD.

Rodney
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
felixjr
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of felixjr
Finally got my LR today which is strange since a friend got his the beginning of the month even though he lives 5 miles from me.

Very Mysterious,

Felixjr
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Smile
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
The Board members are volunteers. It is hard to imagine what the benefit is to them in this grand conspiracy to have certain people's printed issues arrive "late."

I am a Mac user, so until the recent changes I was not able to read The Linking Ring online.

The Linking Ring costs about as much annually as some other specialized magazines, although many cost a great deal more. Other magazines that cost as much or more offer very little to subscribers compared to what The Linking Ring offers. Our Ring (I.B.M. Ring 362) is in with a Ring Report, a Ring Event Report, or both, just about every issue. The regular columns, the articles, the features, are also very good.

What's not to like?

Yours,

Paul
paulmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Malaysia, now In New Zealand
290 Posts

Profile of paulmagic
Got mine a few days ago and I'm in Auckland, New Zealand so I'm happy Smile
Many Blessings!!

Paul
Merlina
View Profile
Veteran user
Maria Ibanez
370 Posts

Profile of Merlina
Greetings, for what it's worth, I only received my Linking Ring yesterday and that would make it February 20th. . . normally mine arrives around the 3rd week of the month - I am in South Florida.

The article on Sterling Dietz is wonderful; I concur fully with the gentleman above who states that Sterling is an up and coming star. Sterling, however, is much more than that. He is one of the nicest, most personable, generous and talented young men I've had the pleasure of meeting. His family has made sure he remains rooted and focused in what really matters in life and has taught him not to allow his accomplishments, awards, etc. to go to his head.

I am proud to consider him and his family friends and look forward to many good things from and for him in the future.

Back to the Linking Ring issue -- some above complain that they are not receiving a response from SPS and/or from headquarters; I've never had a problem getting Sindie on the line when I phone as long as it is during business hours. She answers her e-mails at all types of hours as she seems to be constantly online. If you feel you are still having problems and are not receiving a response or cannot speak to someone, why not drop a line to President Phil Willmarth? He is VERY responsive and is the former editor so he might shed some light on this and may be able to get an answer from SPS?

Drop Phil a line at LinkRing@aol.com and let him know of your situation, he's great at responding.

Keep a dream in the making

Maria Ibanez
Samuel Patrick Smith
View Profile
New user
Eustis, Florida
9 Posts

Profile of Samuel Patrick Smith
Hi, Rodney:

Since I have not received any phone calls, faxes, or emails from you, I contacted the headquarters office this afternoon to see if they had. Sindie said she had no record of any communication from you, including phone calls or emails.

Rodney, we are always happy to hear from I.B.M. members. The contact information for my office and the headquarters office is on page four of every issue of The Linking Ring. You have my email address. You have Sindie's email address. If we can help you, we will.

Regarding delivery time, it's already been said: They all get mailed at the same time. So if some people are receiving them on the second or third of the month, and yours are arriving much later, this is a postal issue, not a printing or editing issue. My own copies (from the general mailing) are arriving as early or earlier than the ones I received before I was editor. (I've been consistently tracking the arrival dates for quite a while.) For instance, my February 2007 issue arrived on February 10. My February issue this year arrived five days earlier.

I've had people from other states say they are receiving their copies earlier than they ever have. I can't take any credit for that -- credit goes to the postal centers through which their mail passes. Perhaps they have a new supervisor in that area or new and better equipment. But their copies were not mailed any earlier than yours.

One of the postal centers near you (I'm sorry to say) has one of the worst records in the country. I don't know for sure that your mail goes through that particular center, but it's quite possible and could explain the delays you're having. I will send your specific name and address to our mailing consultant at the printer's and ask if he has any suggestions or can file a complaint with the postal center responsible for your mail.

Sincerely,

Sammy Smith
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Smile
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
I can see where this is going! NO WHERE!!!!! SPS I have on several occassions emailed you and Sindie both. Perhaps the emails were delivered to your BULK FILES I am not sure. And I have left several messages at the HQ Office and your number in Florida. HE said, SHE said. Here is my POINT, before you became editor my LR always arrived in the first week of the month. And now it arrives the third week of the month. Our mail goes through the Royal Oak Postal System. Is the distributor still in St. Joseph, Michigan? Here is what I am prosposing that we send this to the members for a vote. The VOTE would be to send the LR out earlier than it is sent out as of now. Lets let the MEMBERSHIP Decide.

Rodney
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
Buy me some newspapers.Purchase for me 1 Gazette and
1748 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
I vote keep it as it is, and I vote to lock this thread. Seems like there is nothing new to add.

Bobby
"My definition of chance is my hands on the wheel," Greg Long.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » February Linking Ring arrived » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL