We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Reality is Plastic - Impromptu Hypnosis (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Hi,

I just uploaded a new video to my channel on youtube that I hope you enjoy. Stage hypnotists may recognise it as a fairly classic stage routine adapted to the street.

Those with my impromptu hypnosis book will recognise it from the routines outlined in the last section.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkHw_UmS1Ko

And yes I have the rights to the 'cucumber induction'

Enjoy

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
beds
View Profile
Regular user
isle of wight uk
192 Posts

Profile of beds
But did you eat all the cucumbers?
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

LOL. Actually I returned them 15 minutes later and he had a bit of a panic when he saw me returning with the 'drugs'.

Ant
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

Katherine Anne
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Katherine Anne
LOL.

Love it. What a great guy to hypnotize!

Was there any prework with him?

Nicely done, Ant. Smile

KA
beds
View Profile
Regular user
isle of wight uk
192 Posts

Profile of beds
I received this book in the post today and got a free disk as I was one of the 1st to order so thank you Mr Jacquin.

ive never read or watched anything to do with the teaching of hypnosis so I cant compare to others but what I can say is that this is well put together with pictures going thru all the steps carefully and most of all its very clear and it explains in detail what you should be doing and saying making use of bold text and plain text so not to confuse what you can I cannot say to the subject.

ive got a 3 hour period at work tomo were I can read a book so will post a full review once ive read it all and then the practise starts!

thanks again ant

Barry
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Thanks for letting me know it has been received. The video follows the same format as the book so should aid your understanding especially with regard to the pacing of each technique. I am very happy to answer any questions you have.

All the best.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

beds
View Profile
Regular user
isle of wight uk
192 Posts

Profile of beds
Will watch the vid tonight as the missus wants to catch trial and retribution!!!

looking forward to seeing it though as for my close up magic act I always learnt better from books but with hypnosis its easy to follow along but you need demos to learn the pacing of it all
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
Me2 have ordered the book from my mate Anthony Jacquin. I have not received it yet but I'm dying out here to get it. Can't wait getting it, reading it, practising it and reviewing it. Knowing anthony from the great movies he has and the general talk I know for 100% sure the quality will be very good! I already recommend it!
SM41
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of SM41
Anthony, how many pages the book has? It is for principiants?
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Hi Santiago,

you can take a look inside the book including the contents page at my website
http://www.anthonyjacquin.com/products.html

See the Click Here button or click on the book cover itself.

No prior knowledge of hypnosis is required. The book goes through all the details for what I refer to as The Set Up, The Set Piece, Inductions, Intensification and details word for word a number of impromptu routines I use. It also gives advice on Health and Safety. This is not a book on hypnotic theory. Whatever theory you believe in you will be able to use these techniques.

If you have any other questions please let me know Santiago.

Best regards,

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
OK , I got the book and read it.
First of all let me say I got no knowlegde of hypnosis. I contacted Anthony and ordered the book and friday it came to my place. first positive point: Anthony ships it the same day you have ordered it, quick delivery and client service. that is first 5 stars. He will answers al questions and responds quite quickly.

Ok, I picked up the book, it is a nice ringbound book of like 112 pages with nice pictures and a good relaxing style in it. With it came a accomplying DVD(first 200 only so ive heard). It looked good to me espescially since english is not my first language.

Now the most important part: the content. Smile
Well it blew me away espescially as a beginner I really cant wait practising the stuff in the book. Im beginning right away next saturday in the bar with just pratcising the set pieces anthony describes to gain some confidence Smile 5 stars for the content!
The DVD is more then I expected. It is a 75 minute accompaning DVD which is of very good quality.

Here I give some pro's:

- Great content
- Customer service is very good
- Very well explained with loads of pictures
- I had the feeling to immediately put all this stuff into practise
- great effects in it!
- great looks more quality then I have expected

1 attention point:
- I noticed 2 spelling mistakes but that's no minor point at all

all with all my judgement is 5 stars, highly recommended. I buy lots of books and this one I received on friday and I was done reading it on saturday:D I read it in one blew trough!

*****!!
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
Anothony, Sound like you have a winner -- only 2 spelling errors! But you can find twice that at least in everything I write! LOL

Actually, sound like you have hit on a winner with a section on exercises that build confidence. That is the number one reason people learn hypnosis but never do it.
Dr. Richard Nongard, Professional Hypnosis Training
Learn how to master the art of SpeedTrance, Clinical and Stage Hypnosis
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Yes those with English as first language will spot a few more. I am gutted about that as it something that bugs me but hey there is always the second edition.

My corrected file was inadvertantly switched by the graphics person for the previous version when she sent it to the printer. As I had already proofed it I just gave the printer the go ahead without checking. Schoolboy error.

Thanks very much for the review Michiel. I look forward to hearing about your first impromptu hypnoattacks.

Be The Hypnotist.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

beds
View Profile
Regular user
isle of wight uk
192 Posts

Profile of beds
The typos are nothing to worry about

what is good though is the content. the only annoying bit about it is that I cant do it yet! but practice it will be, but its hard on your family as its not like magic were you can have a laugh you have to be serious and they don't take you seriously!
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

With family you can wait for your moment and be ready to seize it. When one of them has a headache or toothache or is struggling to sleep may bring an opportunity. Also often there will likely be one of them who is actually very interested but struggles to take it seriously with others around. They will come round to it and when they do just get into The Set Piece and before they know it they will have fallen 'in'.

Also if you around on March 8th on the mainland I am running a free training day. You are welcome to attend. It will give you an opportunity to actually hypnotise some strangers.

Any questions let me know.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

beds
View Profile
Regular user
isle of wight uk
192 Posts

Profile of beds
Were is it derby?

I live on the isle of wight

I'm a prison officer by day but how good would impromptu hypnosis be there.

I'm gonna rip your head off screw

and sleep, when you awake you will not rip my head off and you will apologise and go behind your door like a good con

my job would be so much easier!
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
Ow please anthony. Understand that I'm not bothered at all with it Smile The content is 5 stars!! I love your book, I love how much effort you put in it. I cant wait to practise it, the book gave me confidence!(set pieces etc). I also want to do a course in london.

Great work. In me you have found a customer who will continue quality products from you like this!
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
Quote:
On 2008-02-11 15:16, beds wrote:
Were is it derby?

If it let me know.

Mescalito
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Hi,

the free training day on March 8th will be held in East Sussex. We will hold another later in the year in Derby, where I am based.

And Beds absolutely without question you should be running things in that prison. If they are about to rip your head off they are already in an altered state and highly suggestible it is possible to turn that into hypnosis. Either that or smack them with your cosh and send them to solitary.

My father did some work in a prison as a hypnotherapist and got the wonderful headline in the local paper 'Hypnotist goes to prison'.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
Anthony - where abouts in Derby are you... I'm about 5 mins from center at moment, moving to other side of Alfreton at end of month though.

Mescalito
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Reality is Plastic - Impromptu Hypnosis (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL