The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Flying coins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Portland
662 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
Just curious is anyone still performs the "flying coins"? I know it may seem a little old school... but I kind of like it. I'm just wondering if anyone performs it passed the normal basic routine? And is anyone making really good cups for it... not just plastic?
-DJ
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1309 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
Collectors Workshop had one years ago.
Viking Henshen now makes that product.
Very classy looking with Silver (Stainless and Alluminum) Cups.
Mobius
lint
View Profile
Special user
Concord, CA
967 Posts

Profile of lint
I've got a Magic Makers brass version. Noticed on the package stated not to get it near ears, mouth or eyes. I haven't touched them since. Rob from MM was pretty elusive on the issue as well (lead).

I love the effect, but will look for a nicer version. Most people suggest the coin funnel instead, but to me two small vases are much more 'natural' than some strange funnel.

-todd
"There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip..." -English Proverb
djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Portland
662 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
I know at one time Khin had a set... wonder if they are still available? and how they were.
-DJ
djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Portland
662 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
Well, my local shop had a "sell and swap" meet today and there was this big brown card board box full of we... not much... just sitting there. I being the thrifty type, sifted through and actually came across an odd looking cup. I instantly recognized it as being one of the khin cups from the flying coins I was looking for! I hurriedly continued towards the bottom of the big box and found the partner and the silk bag... handed the man 15 bucks and ran like the dickens... kidding, I stayed and spent more money on other stuff. Anyways, I wanted to share with you all since I had posted this topic to start with, and attach a photo of my glorious and random fine. The cups are beautifully made, and are actually really big for flying coins. The mouth is the size of a silver dollar and is made for 50cent pieces. The cups stand around 2 1/2 inches tall.
-DJ

Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Now those are NICE!!!!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Don't you just love those discoveries! Great find DJ, congrats!
lint
View Profile
Special user
Concord, CA
967 Posts

Profile of lint
Awesome find DJ. those look great.

-todd
"There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip..." -English Proverb
Robert Kohler
View Profile
Special user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
520 Posts

Profile of Robert Kohler
Yes, I got that exact set at the IBM Reno convention last summer from Khin for about $20 (w/o the bag). I have yet to research the flying coins routine - what is the history and possible sources?
We judge ourselves by our intentions - others judge us by our actions.....
<BR>
<BR>B. Wilson
djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Portland
662 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
That's a good question I too would be interested in knowing the answer of. Anyone know of origin, routines, history?
-DJ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Flying coins (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL