The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Memoria by Luke Jermay (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Just wanted to let everyone know about a new Luke Jermay download. You can only find it if you search his name. So, I figured I would provide a link to anyone interested.

http://penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=1751

Matthew Mello
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
That was one of the more better penguin magic effects I've seen.
Magikrn
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Magikrn
That put me to sleep...........
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
I quite enjoyed it actually. The various stages are appealing to me, and I'm a big fan of Jermay's stuff in general. I'll wait for reviews though, like most products.
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
I enjoyed it as well. The method is very simple (assuming I know how it works)...but the subtleties that he's using are extremely good and worth the price of the download in my opinion.

Matthew Mello
swtrocks
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
206 Posts

Profile of swtrocks
I suggest those interested in a pseudo-memory demonstration using cards to look into "More Memory Man" from Joel Givens's book "Sessions". It is my firm belief that it is a much more practical, well structured, convincing, and strong routine.
Brandon Queen
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, California
527 Posts

Profile of Brandon Queen
This effect is good. It it one of the three effects that was printed in "The Bigger Three" manuscript. I'ts actually the only one of the three effects in that manuscript that I actually liked enough to perform. I believe it was designed for stage, but it's boring to perform on stage. At least when I do it. However, It does play very well in a small group setting, or even close up.

This is a steal. Because, I basically paid $250 for this effect. And now the value of my manuscript has dropped immensely. I kind of wish I saved my money to purchase the downlaod. A trend that I see happen a lot, is that great effects published in private manuscripts, end up being massivly published a couple years later. :-\

But anyway.. great effect, great price, easy to do. But.. not easy to perform and be entertainig. Definatly needs a lot of showmanship.
It occured to me at once that love could be a great illusion, that makes fools of brilliant thinkers everyday
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Luke did this for a room full of magicians at the Magic Apple when he lectured. Most were completely fooled. It does play very well.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1025 Posts

Profile of kannon
Picked up this a day or two ago myself, loved the presentation. You've probably guessed the method, but it was worth the download (450mb) and the price. All the small detail is covered, I predict many will still feel its too bold or too risky, but it is SUCH a nice effect, especially when presented as well as Luke did.

Quote:
On 2008-02-07 03:24, Brandon Queen wrote:
But anyway.. great effect, great price, easy to do. But.. not easy to perform and be entertainig. Definatly needs a lot of showmanship.

Totally agree. Showmanship and conviction.
My work and the Mtangulizi here http://kannonsworks.weebly.com featuring work on drawing duplications, a fiddle-free billet tear, bar mentalism, pendulums
Brandon Queen
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, California
527 Posts

Profile of Brandon Queen
Quote:
Luke did this for a room full of magicians at the Magic Apple when he lectured.

Oh Yah, I was there too! I personally really enjoyed the dunninger ploy effect he performed, the most. Probably because it was the only effect I didn't know how it was done until he explained it.
It occured to me at once that love could be a great illusion, that makes fools of brilliant thinkers everyday
fooksau
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of fooksau
Can this be done with a borrowed deck?
How many Magicians does it take to advertise a trick? Three.. One to steal the trick. One to steal HIS trick. And one to write a good review.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
I think the effect looks good, but that presentation was terrible. Boring, and absolutely now build up or anything in each reveal. It was just-turn over the card, 'was this it?' ok, next stage.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On 2008-02-07 05:43, kannon wrote:
Picked up this a day or two ago myself, loved the presentation. You've probably guessed the method, but it was worth the download (450mb) and the price. All the small detail is covered, I predict many will still feel its too bold or too risky, but it is SUCH a nice effect, especially when presented as well as Luke did.

Quote:
On 2008-02-07 03:24, Brandon Queen wrote:

Totally agree. Showmanship and conviction.

I was really interested in this until I saw the words Bold and Risky. Don't do either of those, probably cos I'm not that great with cards. I always get caught.
Brandon Queen
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, California
527 Posts

Profile of Brandon Queen
This effect truly is more than what it seems. Here is a vid clip of Derren Brown performing the same effect. Like I said in a previous post- This effct really needs a lot of showmanship to make it entertaining. It's easy to pull off, but difficult to pull off well.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NmilV9TXQvo

Take some notes.
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1025 Posts

Profile of kannon
Quote:
On 2008-02-08 02:23, pegasus wrote:
I was really interested in this until I saw the words Bold and Risky. Don't do either of those, probably cos I'm not that great with cards. I always get caught.

If your really interested; get it. I probably badly phrased I'm mere suggesting some may think it is: but its really not.
Its not about card skill, it really is about presentation and conviction.
My work and the Mtangulizi here http://kannonsworks.weebly.com featuring work on drawing duplications, a fiddle-free billet tear, bar mentalism, pendulums
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1025 Posts

Profile of kannon
Quote:
On 2008-02-08 02:26, Brandon Queen wrote:
This effect truly is more than what it seems. Here is a vid clip of Derren Brown performing the same effect. Like I said in a previous post- This effct really needs a lot of showmanship to make it entertaining. It's easy to pull off, but difficult to pull off well.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NmilV9TXQvo

Take some notes.

Cheers Brandon, that is a great clip .. its also very interesting to read people's comments, theories and opinions as well.
jaded
View Profile
New user
colorado springs
73 Posts

Profile of jaded
I thought Luke had a great presentation. It was nice to see a presentation that is not completely about psychology or psychic phenomena. The memorization ploy is something that people should do more often
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I bit the bullet and am not dissapointed to be honest. I look forward to performing this.
MagiCaleb
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of MagiCaleb
Well, I don't think this is memoria. I mean, it's the same type of tricks, but I'd say it's a mix between him remote viewing (by jermay) and memoria.

Having second thoughts, has anyone bought it and got there money's worth?
Billman
View Profile
Loyal user
New hampshire
219 Posts

Profile of Billman
Looking at Derren Browns performance and Luke's performance the two effects are VERY VERY similar. Some one who purchased this, can derrens approach to this effect be done the same way as lukes? for example, can I be turned completely around when the card is pulled from the deck then replaced? PM me if necessary.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Memoria by Luke Jermay (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL