The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Memoria by Luke Jermay (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2008-02-08 12:34, jaded wrote:
I thought Luke had a great presentation. It was nice to see a presentation that is not completely about psychology or psychic phenomena. The memorization ploy is something that people should do more often

The memorization presentation is fine, but the effect was just presented in a boring as hell, no build up kind of way.

Sorry Mr. Jermey
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
millarhouse
View Profile
Regular user
New Zealand
199 Posts

Profile of millarhouse
Well I downloaded the effect after seeing the Derren Brown clip ( http://youtube.com/watch?v=NmilV9TXQvo ) as they are very similiar. Yes I know, I did want to be able to perform a trick and pretend I was as good as Mr Brown.

The trick is bold, but like most pieces of magic, if you can pull off the performance you will have something very special.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Having watched Derrens version a few times now, observing, it is apparent that Lukes method can only be adopted to Derrens first effect. Derrens 2nd effect, as he performs it anyway, is a different method.

I also think that Derrens version is better too in that the spec removes a card but does not peek it, as in Lukes version where he asks the spec to peek the card 'Poker style'. I don't see the point at that stage. Plus it adds suspicion to the spec in that you may peek it somehow too. For you to name the missing card in the deck order first, and then the spec turning over to confirm is much stronger, IMO anyway.

I have an old lecture video of Derren performing the 2nd effect in which he teaches the method, and is completely different to Lukes effect. It involves an ingenious deck s****h for a m*******d S***k.
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
1261 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
Quote:
On 2008-02-09 06:49, pegasus wrote:
Having watched Derrens version a few times now, observing, it is apparent that Lukes method can only be adopted to Derrens first effect. Derrens 2nd effect, as he performs it anyway, is a different method.

I also think that Derrens version is better too in that the spec removes a card but does not peek it, as in Lukes version where he asks the spec to peek the card 'Poker style'. I don't see the point at that stage. Plus it adds suspicion to the spec in that you may peek it somehow too. For you to name the missing card in the deck order first, and then the spec turning over to confirm is much stronger, IMO anyway.

I have an old lecture video of Derren performing the 2nd effect in which he teaches the method, and is completely different to Lukes effect. It involves an ingenious deck s****h for a m*******d S***k.

You are of course exactly right although I'm not sure "adopted" is the right word. I believe Derren's method for the first effect is exactly the method taught by Luke.
As far as the second effect goes, are you referring to Derren's "Plerophoria?' (For those playing at home you'll find it on page 129 of "Pure Effect.") If so there was a butt load of editing between the first and second efect.
I kinda like the peek, by the way. You may be right about the suspecion factor but it's another sell that you can't see the card. It also gives you some wiggle room if . . . well, without revealing the method, you may not want to rush the selection process.
malkav
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of malkav
Quote:
On 2008-02-07 03:24, Brandon Queen wrote:
This effect is good. It it one of the three effects that was printed in "The Bigger Three" manuscript. I'ts actually the only one of the three effects in that manuscript that I actually liked enough to perform. I believe it was designed for stage, but it's boring to perform on stage. At least when I do it. However, It does play very well in a small group setting, or even close up.

This is a steal. Because, I basically paid $250 for this effect. And now the value of my manuscript has dropped immensely. I kind of wish I saved my money to purchase the downlaod. A trend that I see happen a lot, is that great effects published in private manuscripts, end up being massivly published a couple years later. :-\

But anyway.. great effect, great price, easy to do. But.. not easy to perform and be entertainig. Definatly needs a lot of showmanship.

I recieved this from Luke

Quote:
The routine memoria is a stripped down version of the routine without the touches that made it strong in the bigger three. This routine had previously been published without the touches and the touches additions and subtly are what makes the routine.

There is many many points in the routine that are not on the video.

The video is a basic and under developed version.

Please feel free to make this statement public. The owners of the bigger three have a much stronger and much more developed routine.

L.

I still have some issues that it was released, even in a slimmed down version as I paid a lot for the effect.
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1394 Posts

Profile of Piers
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
So Luke is basically selling a stripped down POS on Penguin...nice, really really nice.

Nathan
philippos1979
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of philippos1979
Posted: May 20, 2012 8:05am                    
Dear friends

I have constructed the remote castle deck but I need suggestions for alternative close up handlings other than by building a castle with the cards... Can you please PM me and or make suggestions of how I can effectively use the remote castle deck in other ways to create other effects of remote viewing etc?

Thanks

Philippos
-Magic? No,sleight of hand.
-The fact I MAY move my hand;your ability to reason;the motion of the universe; these are magical. Your logical inquiry into the possibility of something extraordinary is itself extraodrinary and that i define as magic...
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2008-02-08 02:26, Brandon Queen wrote:
This effect truly is more than what it seems. Here is a vid clip of Derren Brown performing the same effect. Like I said in a previous post- This effct really needs a lot of showmanship to make it entertaining. It's easy to pull off, but difficult to pull off well.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NmilV9TXQvo

Take some notes.

When you say showmanship...do you mean on the part of the performer or on the part of the spectator? Because that countess certainly helped wit the entertainment value of the effect. Yes YES YES! MAGNIFICANT!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Memoria by Luke Jermay (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL