We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Yigal Mesika - Loops DVD review: (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
482 Posts

Profile of Roy
I know Yigal Mesika for over 15 years. I can tell you one thing about him: He is a perfectionist.

He developed and perfected his own invisible elastic loops for many years and if there a mentalist who doesn't know what the loops are or never used it, well...

Recently Yigal Mesika released his loops DVD that I have been expecting for a long time. To make it the best Loops DVD, he did it in cooperation with the original inventor of the loop - Finn Jon. Luna Shimada is the host.

The Casing: You've never seen anything like it. The double DVD set comes in a metal casing designed professionally. I was surprised to find a bonus inside: a special case for carrying the loops that packs very small at a size and shape of a business card.

The Content: WOW! Yigal Mesika and Finn Jon teach their best effect for animating and floating everyday objects. You can do it anywhere at any time.

To the mentalists who want to mind the lighting, they have a third DVD called 'Reflections' that explains everything you need to know regarding lighting, backgrounds, clothing and more.

I recommend it HIGHLY!
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
I have heard that the DVDs are wonderful. My question is...did he develop the loops himself, or work on ideas from Finn Jon's loops? After all, the DVDs are actually a collaboration between Mesika and Finn, and not just Mesika.

Bob Phillips
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
Sorry, misread your original posting.

Bob
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Quote:
On 2008-02-07 00:25, Roei wrote:

He developed and perfected his own invisible elastic loops for many years and if there a mentalist who doesn't know what the loops are or never used it, well...

Watch the re-runs of Phenomenon and you can see what they are really easy? Sorry to finish your thought.

I don't own this DVD yet, but as for loops I don't ever leave home without them. I just don't use them to move glasses. Smile
Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
482 Posts

Profile of Roy
I Move glasses at every single show. Was it that bad at Phenomenon?
wpt1031
View Profile
Loyal user
Toledo Ohio
237 Posts

Profile of wpt1031
Well just the gentleman who used them on the show didn't pay enough attention to the lighting.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4236 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
FLASHED like crazy. LoL. It was against a solid black blazer as well.
Doctor D
View Profile
Elite user
492 Posts

Profile of Doctor D
Rule of thumb: of you are unsure if you can control the lighting, don't use Loops! When everything is stationary, fine, but during a TV show where lights are constantly moving and changing? That's just plain ignorant.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4236 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
The guy just didn't take his lighting into consideration at all. Everything was pretty stationary but he just didn't think it out. Number one, he was wearing flat black, you never wear flat black or really dark solid colors when working with thread. Number two, the lighting was front lighting and not back lighting, you're never supposed to have front lighting like that and work with thread, the thread would reflect no matter what. The lighting was pretty much controlled and stationary the performer however did not think his effect through. Shame shame on the performer!
bloodkin
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of bloodkin
Yah, it was disappointing. I didn't like the "speed mentalism" approach to all those opening effects.

My loops DVD' will be arriving today. So I'll probably toss my 2 cents in eventually. Not sure I need to, it's Yigal and Finn for crying out loud. How can you lose?
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4236 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Yigal was the most impressive. His get ready is truly invisible if one does not know the method (so was Finn Jon's but Finn's effects were not as practical as Yigal's). Even when you know the method you would have to do double takes to pick up on the get readies.
Jason Messina
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of Jason Messina
Finn John likens using loops to stars in the night sky....a very useful thought when considering when and where to use these.

These DVD's were really nice. I loved hearing the thoughts Yigal and Finn on the uses and the history of the gimmick. Fascinating stuff...

Hopefully I can have a more in depth review up this weekend....but if anyone has any questions about the contents I'd probably be able to answer before then...
magicmann
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of magicmann
These are fantastic Dvd's and worth every penny.

Do yourself a favour and buy yourself a set

Paul
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Well, if you thought you knew loops ( like I did ) look out. WHAT A SET.

Yigal does an effect with a spinning fork that fooled Finn ( and me too ).

The Loops double DVD set comes with a "credit card" size holder for loops. How ingenius this is. This is the way to carry these.

I'm so impressed with this set.

The Reflections DVD has more routines and vital info on lightening.

If you use loops, or IT or want to start, these are must have DVD's.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Rectify
View Profile
New user
Florida
56 Posts

Profile of Rectify
I love the versatility of loops, and the fact that they are basically impromptu. Great stuff
robbie mcgrath
View Profile
Loyal user
Ireland
230 Posts

Profile of robbie mcgrath
I think loops are great , although I broke one taking one right out of the packet , all that said I played around with one right after,,, floating rings, haunted deck etc and find them great once you no the limit to one they will last , the dvds are great and very well intructed , for such an easy hook up I find it very hard to beat, best bit is you end total clean hand out all to be checked
lumagic
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of lumagic
I never leave home whithout loops ) And not just me
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Yigal Mesika - Loops DVD review: (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL