The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Criss Angel to appear on TNA pro wrestling (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
I just read that TNA World Champion Kurt Angle filmed some video with Criss Angel to appear on an upcoming Mindfreak. Angel is also supposed to appear on TNA's tv show on SpikeTV. As a wrestling fan and magician, fan of Angel or not, this should be interesting.

This is what I saw: - TNA sent out a mobile alert saying that Kurt Angle filmed an episode of Mindfreak with Criss Angel in Las Vegas over the weekend. Angel is also expected to appear on Impact in the future.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Good, maybe he'll take up wrestling and give up magic.

Steve
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I can see CA saying gee .. It's not real ... Wrestling is fake! ... I'll call you out! Smile
Hope he comes to Orlando.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
840 Posts

Profile of RileyG
Is Criss Angel the new Andy Kaufman...?
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Has Criss Angel ever been the "new" anything?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Big Daddy Cool
View Profile
Inner circle
1604 Posts

Profile of Big Daddy Cool
Hmmm... BDC is intrigued...

Magic and Wrestling have met before. Tim Ellis had been a consultant for WCW, as was Zigmont. Ric Flair played a masked magic character called the Black Scorpion for a time, and even I was a consultant on an idea for Doug Bashem for the WWE...

I'll e watching. But, I would be anyway...
We'll catch ya on the Back of the Cereal Box!
Johnny
www.johnnybeyond.com
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1234 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Interestingly I saw the promo clip for WWE NO WAY OUT and it features a guy trapped underwater in chains. I thought, with his connections with WWE in Times Square, it could have been Criss Angel.

But with TNA... hmmm.

And sorry BDC, I wasn't a consultant for WCW. Though, if I was, it would explain why they're not around anymore *g*

TIM

BTW: CONTROVERSY CREATES CASH is a very interesting read...
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1234 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Oh, and Magic/Wrestling connections, magician Scott Robinson's brother is WWE referee Charles Robinson.
sickmagic
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of sickmagic
As of right now this is just a rumor in the TNA camp! I have an inside friend that told me as he works for them. He did say that Angel was at the video game awards joking around with Kurt Angle and that they went to a UFC event together. There is no confirmation on this as of yet, however they are in talks based on what my friend told me!
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
Tim, the ad for No Way Out is featuring Jeff Hardy dressed like Houdini. It was actually designed to be a tribute to him and is symbolic of a storyline they have running with him.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
For those of you that remember Paul Wight aka The Big Show, he was supposedly very good at sleight of hand. With the size of his paws, I am sure that he could palm a deck with no problems.

DO
do magic

www.8bom.net
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I just spoke with Kurt Angle about an hour ago. He, his wife, and little girl were having Pizza backstage at the TNA taping. I asked him about CA and he said they were "Friends" and that they'd been hanging out in Vegas.
He said that CA was a nice guy Smile I didn't get a chance to talk much since the show was going on and I had to help one of the female wrestlers with the Coke machine. I had a few crisper dollar bills Smile
I hope Angle teaches Angel about KAYFABE!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I am shocked if it is the same target market as Cirque'.

And Slim, in all fairness, what was the last thing Criss "learned" that he already didn't think he knew?

He has been exposed to some of the greatest "teachers" if you will, alive today and squandered the opportunity to LEARN a darn thing! On this I believe we have common ground no?

Least of all how to act in public LOL.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I agree ...WOW Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I gotta say I bet you would be SHOCKED at what we agree on sir, ESPECIALLY where Criss and his methods, and persona are concerned.

My problem is when you showed up to the party is all LOL.

I am actually VERY glad to find common ground Slim, no kidding, no sarcasam, no BS, I am glad.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Danny hit the nail, well, you know where. I've watched wrestling off and on most of my life. Off right now. I preferred the old Jim Crockett days. I'm a HUGE mark for Ric Flair. I do remember a few times when magic and wrestling crossed paths. The aforementioned Black Scorpion for one. That whole angle was a train wreck and made wrestling AND magic look cheesy. Several years ago there was a thing where the Undertaker was in a casket which was set on fire and after it was put out, it was shown that he had escaped. I've always been curious if anyone was serving as a technical consultant, of if they just had some of their crew call order some stock illusions.

I don't care for Criss, but Angle is the man. It'd be interesting to see what happens.
Erich Troudt
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of Erich Troudt
I know Franz Harary did some stuff for WCW back in the day.

I did a few minor little things with the now defunct XPW, a hardcore wrestling organization that did shows in California, jersey, New york, and Pittsburgh.

I always had a ton of fun doing stuff for them. It was a way to branch out, figuring out how to do things surrounded, with little cover, no body loads, and easy enough for them to do with little rehersal.
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
Since this is turning to a magic in wrestling conversation, Cody Rhodes from WWE Raw actually played a magician when he first debuted in the training territory.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
After the confrontation on Phenomenon CA claimed that he would have put Jim Callahan in the Hospital. ( Later he even spoke of a boxing match I've heard)
I would like to see both of them in the RING (Boxing or Wrestling) .... My money's on JIM Smile
Mentalists have a lot to learn from Wrestlers in my book.
Maybe CA will.
The Feegee Mermaid
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of The Feegee Mermaid
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Criss Angel to appear on TNA pro wrestling (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL