The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Hayashi's Dream Bill (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
amerigo
View Profile
Veteran user
Can't believe I only have
318 Posts

Profile of amerigo
Clark,
I think you make a good point about magic being designed for the sharpest spectator in the crowd and many people wanting to examine the bill.
However, there are many great close-up effects that are not examinable. I believe through presentation and audience management, this could be a magical effect.
Amerigo
Magic is Everywhere
Clark
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of Clark
Amerigo,

Agreed, bro, there are many great tricks that can't be examined, and they are quite strong. I guess my point is that most of them are not examinable due to a particular restriction, and that is fine. But to move that direction when methods exist without said weakness is a little backward. Again, just my opinion.

I'd like to clarify one thing, though. For me, as a magician, I think this bill change is fun to watch. I just don't think it's an advancement as far as a paying audience is concerned. I do hate to sound like I'm just bashing the guys work when it is quite creative and a far cry better than any bill change that I have come up with.
“The key to creativity is in knowing how to hide your sources.”
Albert Einstein
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1483 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
Quote:
On 2008-02-09 12:07, Kex wrote:
I agree that the back is not shown completely...but I'm not sure the layperson would care. Also, a couple of the changes look a little fishy (again, I speak as a magician) as he covered the entire bill. I've shown this video to a few friends, and they love it and have no clue how it works.

The fact that they have no clues how it works doesn't mean that it looks like magic. The bills are completely covered and hidden from view at each change, so it appears to me that it is obvious that he does "something" during this "openly hidden" action.

To me, that doesn't match my requirements. I prefer the standard bill switch in which the bill seems to remain in full view the entire time, the transformation happening at an unknown moment. Even if you only can do it once or twice.

Jonathan.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Hayashi's Dream Bill (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL