The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » No ads on TV if we invade IRAQ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Today's financial news question concerns advertising dollars. Will the networks run war coverage 24/7? Will we get commercial free TV? Will we be watching TV?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
As the main function of any TV station, news or otherwise, is to sell advertising time, I sincerely doubt we'll see commercial-free TV during the war.

We watched TV through the Vietnam War, Gulf War I, Kosovo, and others, I see no reason this will be different.
Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
Sorry BANNED!! The words 'Iraq', 'France', 'War', 'US commander Tommy Franks' . . . and 'Michael Jackson' (or UK forces commander Mike Jackson!) not allowed in the Café!!!

Smile Smile Smile

Seriously though guys - thankfully over here we have the BBC which is licence payer funded, so no commercials,- so we have the option to watch the endless footage that no doubt will pour out, without the ads. insensitively imposed on us by ITN, Sky etc. WW1 and 2 were grimly recorded on movie reels, as was even some footage of the Boer War - but yes, I too remember the vivid daily news pictures from Vietnam which I think was the first mass media coverage of the horrors of war.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » No ads on TV if we invade IRAQ? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL