The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Alternate Alien theories.... Not from space? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20521 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2008-02-12 06:26, Doug Higley wrote:
I thought he had one with that awful reality wannabe Super Hero TV show in thinking it was 'Watchable'.

:)

Doug, I thought I was the only one who saw that! Oh man was it horrid. So bad I actually watched many of them LOL.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
enginemagic
View Profile
Special user
Bluffton Indiana
603 Posts

Profile of enginemagic
[quote]On 2008-02-11 21:00, Doug Higley wrote:
Easy stuff enginemagic...Hitch. You mean as in hitchhiking?

Got your Towel? their using our means to convey the ant to another country.
I`m saying they have to use what they know how and have to use in their world to travel that far.
theres a lot to learn out there,many interesting subjects,and hobbies to enjoy
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
do magic

www.8bom.net
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Sine we seem to be throwing hitchiker logic into things.
There is no life in the universe. Not even us.
What is the Population of the universe-
"None. Although you might see people from time to time, they are most likely products of your imagination. Simple mathematics tells us that the population of the Universe must be zero. Why? Well given that the volume of the universe is infinite there must be an infinite number of worlds. But not all of them are populated; therefore only a finite number are. Any finite number divided by infinity is zero, therefore the total population of the Universe is zero."
Gwyd
Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
Of course there are aliens but some kind of Galactic law will prevent them contacting barbarians like us until we can cope with them psychologically. The ones we do see are illicit smugglers who are making a fortune flogging Krispy Kreme donuts to Betelgeusians.

On the time travel front I love the theory that Time Travel will be only be impossible until somebody builds the receiver. It would explain our relative stability to date but then God knows what happens once the receiver is built !!!
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Enginemagic: You must know where your Towel is at all times. It has nothing to do with ants, though it could. Reference please 'The Hitchikers Guide To The Galaxy' by Douglas Adams. However you would have to expand your horizon and drop the pistons...
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
calamari
View Profile
Elite user
The San Francisco Bay Area
429 Posts

Profile of calamari
I love seeing two of my favorite non magic authors show up on the same thread in a magic forum,

Douglas Adams and Robert Heinlein both had interesting takes on religion, aliens and time travel.

thanks to both, I always know where my towel is and keep gold taped to my body at all times (just in case)

Rich
"I came, I saw, SHE conquered." (The original Latin seems to have been garbled.)
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3192 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2008-02-11 17:51, Dannydoyle wrote:
Why since major media, have aliens seemed to take on the same shape?

By the way, in the physical universe we live in, travel past the speed of light is not possible. I do not mean highly improbable, not possible. The size of engine needed to approach the speed, increases as you get closer to that speed, and the amount of fuel needed to put a ship that was only the size of an atom, becomes unfathomable.

Physics of our universe, can not be changed. Aliens occupy the same universe we do.

As for parallel universe, why do you think they call it UNIverse? LOL.

Uni Verse = One Breath

And the physics of which you speak of should be probably be modified to say "Physics Of The Universe As We Currently Understand It "...This adds a lot more latitude to what may, ultimately, be possible...
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2749 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2008-02-12 09:39, Andy Moss wrote:
Quite why aliens would want to communicate with us is not at all clear to me. After all we have nothing to trade with them in a material sense. We are also not (yet) spiritually very advanced. That is to say we are not very able to steer our own minds or to put it another way to respond to the experience of energy within us. Really we are only just recently evolved from the animal kingdom. We would appear to the aliens to be reactive and unpredicable. If U.F.O space ships are sreally seen then it is because they want to test our responses to their presense. They could easily evade our radars I would think.Most (if not all) U.F.O's are of course the result of wishful thinking and mistaken identification.

Well, one thing is that the aliens might be intergalactic anthropologists watching the primitive humans the way we might watch a batch of monkeys.

Another school of thought was brought up in a story called "The Big Back Yard," where interdimensional aliens build doorways into new worlds. Our hero discovers that the creatures have interdimensional travel and levitating saddles, but have never considered the concept of _paint!_ Being one of the finest Yankee Traders of our time and the only one with access to the mentally challenged farmhand who can actually communicate with the creatures, he proceeds to clean up!
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Orville Smith
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Orville Smith
To quote Doug Higley from his Feb. 10th post: "Nothing says you can't be in two places at once." End of quote

Such a preposterous claim deserves some clarification from you, Doug. After all, each person is a single entity. And as a single individual, you obviously can Not be in two places at the same time, Doug.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20521 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2008-02-13 19:36, gaddy wrote:
Quote:

By the way, in the physical universe we live in, travel past the speed of light is not possible. I do not mean highly improbable, not possible. The size of engine needed to approach the speed, increases as you get closer to that speed, and the amount of fuel needed to put a ship that was only the size of an atom, becomes unfathomable.

Physics of our universe, can not be changed. Aliens occupy the same universe we do.

Uni Verse = One Breath

And the physics of which you speak of should be probably be modified to say "Physics Of The Universe As We Currently Understand It "...This adds a lot more latitude to what may, ultimately, be possible...

Now you use words like "probably" and expect to be taken seriously as a scientist LOL?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Orville_Smith...how tall is that horse?

OH...and it depends WHERE is...is.
Andy Moss
View Profile
Special user
710 Posts

Profile of Andy Moss
Doug, since I do not understand a word of what you say my feeling is that you must be a Zen master of quite some proficiency.LOL.

Besy wishes Andy.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3192 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2008-02-14 01:19, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Uni Verse = One Breath

Now you use words like "probably" and expect to be taken seriously as a scientist LOL?

Maybe not as a scientist Smile but certainly as a person who doesn't hold blindly to dogma- scientific or otherwise!

Our understanding of the universe is FAR from complete. We can't even make total sense of what emperical evidence we HAVE observed! LOL!
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Orville Smith
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Orville Smith
Quote:
On 2008-02-14 08:05, Doug Higley wrote:
Orville_Smith...how tall is that horse?

OH...and it depends WHERE is...is.

Well, I understand about the "where", but what horse?
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
The 'High' horse...an archaic term before your time...(months, years?) usually alluded to when one is questioning the ability or willingness to dismount of another.

Andy Moss...thank you...but Zen is but another word for 'Nothin' left to lose'...so not quite.
enginemagic
View Profile
Special user
Bluffton Indiana
603 Posts

Profile of enginemagic
Quote:
On 2008-02-13 16:26, Doug Higley wrote:
Enginemagic: You must know where your Towel is at all times. It has nothing to do with ants, though it could. Reference please 'The Hitchikers Guide To The Galaxy' by Douglas Adams. However you would have to expand your horizon and drop the pistons...
I havnt heard of that book,I take it this book refers to theroys that plants & organisims traveled,and survived on metiors. Most of what I see is on TV documentries like Nova & on the science channels.
One thing that makes you think of others out there in space is to turn off all your outside lights(works really good if you have a rural home),and lay there gazing at the stars on a clear night taking in the simplistic beauty of the heavens.
theres a lot to learn out there,many interesting subjects,and hobbies to enjoy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20521 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2008-02-14 19:39, gaddy wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-02-14 01:19, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Uni Verse = One Breath

Maybe not as a scientist Smile but certainly as a person who doesn't hold blindly to dogma- scientific or otherwise!

Our understanding of the universe is FAR from complete. We can't even make total sense of what emperical evidence we HAVE observed! LOL!

People have used this idea to subscribe to every crackpot theory in the world since the beginning of time.

Yes an open mind is necessary, but keep it in check at least.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Enginemagic...NO that's not what the book is about. I don't think your there yet to absorb the outrageous ironic humor and chaotic switches in direction and absurdness injected with nitro. HGTTG
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
Everything around us is alien. The more we get to know another being, the more we realize just how different they are.
POOF!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Alternate Alien theories.... Not from space? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL