The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Alternate Alien theories.... Not from space? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
enginemagic
View Profile
Special user
Bluffton Indiana
603 Posts

Profile of enginemagic
I have to think of the strawberry as being alien becasuse its the only fruit with the seeds on the outside. gets you thinking
theres a lot to learn out there,many interesting subjects,and hobbies to enjoy
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Ask Fanard on Z&L.

Rupert/M att
Orville Smith
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Orville Smith
Quote:
On 2008-02-09 14:34, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
Had too much time on my hands, so looked up a few of these "alternate theories".. Whaddaya think?

Aliens are really just us from the distant future?

Aliens are from a parallel dimension just side by side with us?

Aliens are from a civilization literally under the ground in the depths of the Earth's oceans?

Aliens are just a figment of our imagination?

Smile

Another theory which has not been included as yet is the concept of the Micro-verse. As far as I know, the first author to use that idea was RAY CUMMINGS in his story "The Girl from the Golden Atom." But to me, the author who improved on that idea was GARDNER FOX when he used to write for that classic 1960s comic book THE ATOM (the superhero who can shrink his own body to microscopic size). It was in the story "Diamond of Deadly Dooms" in which Ray Palmer (The Atom) shrank to microscopic size and entered a strange diamond. It was found that the micro-verse within the diamond was inhabited by a race of people descended from Atlantis the famous Lost Continent. What had happened was that when Atlantis SANK, that the Atlanteans escaped their doom by shrinking themselves and evacuating into a Micro-verse.
Later on, GARDNER FOX wrote another micro-verse story, this time for a DC-comic Anthology-type story in which Mr. Fox himself appeared in the story under the name, Gregory Farmer, in which the main character is a science-fiction author. Experiencing a writer's block, Greg Farmer suddenly gets a bizarre idea for a story, that of a micro-verse. Gradually,he realizes that his mind had become attuned to Aliens in a Micro-verse who were planning to enlarge themselves and invade our universe.
Even Mr. Fox's real-life Editor, Julius Schwartz also appeared in the story as himself, under the name Julian Sloane. The artist's depiction of Mr. Schwartz was quite accurate, right down to his receding hairline. LOL
I'm glad I remembered these micro-verse stories as it enabled me to pay tribute to GARDNER FOX, most likely the most ingenious sci-fi author who ever lived. One could even venture to say that the amount of his output was even more prolific than Issac Asimov. But since I can not confirm that statement at the moment, I'll leave it open in case anyone else can provide verification.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
How's the weather?
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Weather's fine.. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Orville Smith
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Orville Smith
Quote:
On 2008-02-20 20:14, evolve629 wrote:
How's the weather?

The way to make that nice lady's question more appropriate for this thread is to re-phrase it as "How's the weather on WHICH PLANET?" After all, this thread concerns extraterrestrials. In the case of the planet Venus, it's much too hot. But if an asteroid is pushed above Venus and then exploding that asteroid, the resultant debris would provide a floating canopy that would shield Venus from the Sun, thereby cooling Venus. In a decade or so, the Venusian environment would become comfortable enough for human colonization.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3207 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2008-02-24 20:02, Orville_Smith wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-02-20 20:14, evolve629 wrote:
How's the weather?

The way to make that nice lady's question more appropriate for this thread is to re-phrase it as "How's the weather on WHICH PLANET?" After all, this thread concerns extraterrestrials. In the case of the planet Venus, it's much too hot. But if an asteroid is pushed above Venus and then exploding that asteroid, the resultant debris would provide a floating canopy that would shield Venus from the Sun, thereby cooling Venus. In a decade or so, the Venusian environment would become comfortable enough for human colonization.

we should get on that...
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Orville Smith
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Orville Smith
Quote:

Another problem with time travel can be found in that Marvel comics villain, KANG the Conqueror. All you other babyboomers might recall Kang from the 1960s stories of the FANTASTIC FOUR. It went like this: Kang arrives from the future to attack the Fantastic Four in 1964. He gets defeated and then returns again in the following year, 1965, and gets defeated again. The absurdity is that Kang, instead of coming back the following year of 1965, should have instead travelled back to the 1950s BEFORE the Fantastic Four even acquired their Superpowers. In that case, Kang would have had NO problem in defeating the FF at all. Another example which presents time travel as so much balderdash.
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
2895 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Quote:
On 2008-03-06 20:15, Orville_Smith wrote:
Another problem with time travel can be found in that Marvel comics villain, KANG the Conqueror. All you other babyboomers might recall Kang from the 1960s stories of the FANTASTIC FOUR. It went like this: Kang arrives from the future to attack the Fantastic Four in 1964. He gets defeated and then returns again in the following year, 1965, and gets defeated again. The absurdity is that Kang, instead of coming back the following year of 1965, should have instead travelled back to the 1950s BEFORE the Fantastic Four even acquired their Superpowers. In that case, Kang would have had NO problem in defeating the FF at all. Another example which presents time travel as so much balderdash.

Ya know... I used to wonder the same thing when I was a kid reading and watching "Superman" and "Batman." Why would all these super-villains stick around Metropolis and Gotham City when they knew they were going to get their tushes kicked by Superman and Batman? I mean, really, why not just move elsewhere? Or are super-villains just gluttons for punishment?

As far as real aliens... if it's true that radio and TV signals travel just about forever, and if some alien civilizations have been watching our output... well, if I were them, I'd... probably... keep my distance.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2750 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
Quote:

Where would the sense of achievement be in that? Better to stomp on the actual heroes who trounced you, not their younger selves.

Another weird thing is that there are at this point multiple Kangs running around from different realities. One is even a woman. Another was the teen-ager who would become Kang who tried to duck out and be a hero in OUR time. Kang showed up and took him home after a massive battle.

On 2008-03-07 00:14, George Ledo wrote:
Quote:
Ya know... I used to wonder the same thing when I was a kid reading and watching "Superman" and "Batman." Why would all these super-villains stick around Metropolis and Gotham City when they knew they were going to get their tushes kicked by Superman and Batman? I mean, really, why not just move elsewhere? Or are super-villains just gluttons for punishment?

Well, for some of them (Joker, Brainiac or Luthor for example) it's simply that the challenge is there. They want to be around Batman or Superman because that's their challenge. As far as the minor hoods, Gotham is a crime-ridden city, they're hoping Batman is on the other side of town tonight. Metropolis is a major center of wealth, again the criminals are hoping Supes is on the other side of the world saving a kitten when they try to pull their little stunt.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
2895 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Oh, okay, thanks for clarifying that for me. Now I can go back and re-read them and not wonder about it. Smile
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2750 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I remember one story which had a group of minor hoods discussing things they've done in Gotham. One guy says he's come up with the perfect plan to beat the Batman. The others press him for details and he says; "It's really simple. You have a large group with you. When Batman shows up you all run in different directions and hope he doesn't come after YOU!"
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Superman's an Alien...

Another theory...

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Orville Smith
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Orville Smith
To answer Pakar, in the DC-Universe, even the Superman in the Alternate Universe of Earth-2 is ALSO an alien. But I know of at least one DC-hero whose counterpart is different, that is, the ATOM. On Earth-One, the ATOM is Ray Palmer who has the superpower to shrink down to any size, even to Microscopic size. But on the Alternate Earth-2, the ATOM is Al Pratt who is super-agile but does Not have any superpowers and so can Not shrink. That's the only way I could answer your question, Pakar, at least for the time being. Maybe Mandrake-01 can come up with another answer.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2008-02-10 20:28, Stevethomas wrote:
What I find to be funniest is that whenever a craft or UFO is described, it has lights. If any OTHER society were advanced enough to time or serious space travel and wanted to stay secret...why in the world would they NEED or have lights on their craft?

Steve

Even better yet, would they have industry as we do to manufacture those crafts? (The crafts have to come from somewhere!) If they do have industry, with workers and compensation, then perhaps their society is not so advanced as we are led to believe.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3207 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
Quote:

Or to travel BACK to the same time in 1964 to help himself to defeat the FF the first time!
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Alternate Alien theories.... Not from space? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL