The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » PEA? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17523 Posts

Profile of Slim King
What's the deal with this group? I've heard good and indifferent comments ... Nothing too bad.
Is the group hard to join? (I've heard it is) Is it worth joining? What are the pro's and con's? Any members on the Café?
Thanks .. this is a serious post.
Dave
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Very hard to get in. They are very serious guys. Don't even joke about this group.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17523 Posts

Profile of Slim King
This is a serious post ... No Joking.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Pretty much impossible.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1256 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
There are some members on the Café. I am not going to name names though. Sorry. I would rather they approach you.

It is relatively expensive. More than IBM and SAM. They have a website. I don't know the address, but you can find it on google. Just look for PEA.
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
bubbleburst2004
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of bubbleburst2004
I believe that prospective members must demonstrate their commitment
by driving around without their headlights on.

The first car to flash their lights back at them
must be followed untill cornered

the occupants must then be subjected to
64 variations of the Magic Square,
anything by TA Waters and a reading of the complete works of JIS

if both occupants and applicant survive, their case may be considered by the council
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1917 Posts

Profile of DT3
Slim, I have an application that somebody sent me a while ago.

I think you should go for it. I never applied, just sort of forgot about it. I know some great mentalists that are members there.

PM me if you need info on the application proccess.

As with any group, it's great if you can learn from it, but we all must beware the negative effects of "analysis paralysis"

DT3

Sorry if that seemed pedantic, but that, as I understand, is the reason Jon Riggs resigned from the PEA.
bubbleburst2004
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of bubbleburst2004
DT3, sorry if I'm going to be pedantic but

I think your understanding of why a person joined or resigned from any group, or in fact their status in that group at all, should probably be left to the person concerned, as so far it only shows your lack of understanding.

bb
kriskraze
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of kriskraze
Quote:
On 2008-02-10 03:29, bubbleburst2004 wrote:
DT3, sorry if I'm going to be pedantic but

I think your understanding of why a person joined or resigned from any group, or in fact their status in that group at all, should probably be left to the person concerned, as so far it only shows your lack of understanding.

bb

Word, especially that last bit.
psychicturtle
View Profile
Special user
UK
821 Posts

Profile of psychicturtle
And the personal attacks begin again....Smile
Get off the negativity horse will you?
It just makes you look like a loser with no life of your own to be concerned about. I'm not saying you ARE that, just that it makes you APPEAR to be like that. Ok? Ok.

Back ON TOPIC.

What I know about the PEA is that they have some of the best working pros as members, some of the best creators, and it is hard to get in.
I had a piece published in the last newsletter (through friend who is a member), so maybe I could get in off the back of that. I don't know until I try...
But it could be worth it for the contacts you could get through being involved.
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
Slim, send me a PM when your box is cleaned out.
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Roth says "Don't even joke about this group...pretty much impossible."

Well...sounds like a joke 'in the writing' to me. Why tarnation, I have a Mental Packet trick out! I should be eligible for Vice President!

But then I'm the guy who's never been to the Magic Castle because I don't want to buy a jacket. Rather elitist of them to require it...no?

PEA probably requires wearing Shoes. Oh well. It would be the 1,536th private club that wouldn't want me 'in' anyway. I'll stick with the derelicts here on the Café where having a 'packet trick out' offers membership in the 'snack bar'. I'll settle for being on a first name basis (till they read this) with a couple of PEA members, who probably envision me in Wing Tips rather than feet.

Since at least one of the members performs my silly effect, I'll take comfort and order another Hot Dog.

Wonder if the guy that has the Pea Can out is 'in?

Trust me...I'm serious.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Virungan
View Profile
Inner circle
Here and There
1156 Posts

Profile of Virungan
Never joke about Peas.... Unless it's this one which is funny...

How do you hunt polar bears using only peas?

Go to the store and buy a can of peas. Go to the North Pole. Find a good spo and then cut a hole about 3 feet in diameter through the ice. Open the can of peas and place one about every three inches around the outside of the hole.

When a polar bear comes up to take a pea, you kick him in the icehole.
Smile When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...Smile
obijuan
View Profile
Loyal user
New Lenox
242 Posts

Profile of obijuan
Group started by Mr. Robert Cassidy. Bob left the PEA a while back but still makes meeting of the mind lectures every so often. Most of your top mentalists are members. Every year is their meeting called the Meeting of the Minds. some former presidents Ken Weber our very own trinity etc. It has its hobbyists but also its pros. Exclusive products such as from PJ and Kross have been released through the PEA exclusively.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Actually Virungan that IS an old time CLOWN bit that was done in Rodeo and old timeMotor Sports arenas in the 1940's and 50's!

It was a typical Annoncer TO Clown Gag. I heard it many times in those venues...and even reproduced the gag when I announced a Speedway in Stockton in the 90's.

Announcer: 'Say there 'Flash' what are you up to now?'

Flash: 'I'm goin' polar Bear huntin!'

Announcer: 'You're going Polar Bear Hunting?' (The announcer would ALWAYS repeat every line of the Clown so all could hear.)

Back then it wasn't so politically correct and you could get away with murder darn near and there were many double entendre announcer/clown bits. Still done today in Rodeo. In the 40's and 50's there was the Auto Thrill Shows that used this style of 'interlude' also some race tracks.
Virungan
View Profile
Inner circle
Here and There
1156 Posts

Profile of Virungan
Cool..

How about..

What's the difference between Chopped Beef Soup and Pea Soup?

Well heck.. anyone can chop beef...
Smile When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...Smile
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2181 Posts

Profile of ddyment
You can easily find out more about this organization by visiting the P.E.A. Web site. The criteria for membership are shown in the public area of the site, along with instructions on how to apply. (I would advise against using someone else's existing application form; this is not how to begin the application process.)

Much of what has already been posted here (even aside from the attempts at humour) is simply incorrect. And for no reason. The P.E.A intentionally does not promote itself, but is hardly secretive. But it is a professional organization, and definitely not a "magic club". I think that anyone who takes the time to read more than, say, 5% of the topics posted under "Penny for your Thoughts" would be unlikely to find the P.E.A. of value. There are plenty of mentalism-oriented Internet groups that would be of more interest.
Doug Dyment's Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
One Doug's joke is another Doug's disclaimer. Smile Doug if you read my post it was humor ON myself, certainly not the esteemed group of 'you guys'.

I take umbrage at the term 'attempt'. Geez...I like your stuff! I don't understand it but I like it! Smile

Ya think this will affect my application?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18823 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I’d never join a club that would have me as a member...

who's taking the peas now?!
I've asked to be banned
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Abraxus my friend...please clear any future attempts at humor with me first. I am here to help you.

oops...I used the 'attempts' word.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » PEA? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL