We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » PEA? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Rory Raven
View Profile
Special user
Providence, RI
514 Posts

Profile of Rory Raven
It wouldn't infer anything, but might imply something.

Rory
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -- Groucho Marx
visit www.roryraven.com today!
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
On the bright side, it reminded me to go buy 2 of Doug D's works I've forgotten to collect! He is a great thinker!

MEA (Mystery Entertainer Association) CULPA!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Quentin
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of Quentin
Speculation that Mr Riggs is not a PEA member is incorrect.
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
835 Posts

Profile of RileyG
Quote:
On 2008-02-11 12:23, Quentin wrote:
Speculation that Mr Riggs is not a PEA member is incorrect.

John did resign as I did, but was asked to come back into the membership scrolls when new leadership took the helm later on...
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
835 Posts

Profile of RileyG
Quote:
On 2008-02-11 11:39, kriskraze wrote:
For some, the fact that Riley G left the organisation could infer that it's not a great place to be a member of. For others, it could mean the opposite.

I departed the PEA when another former member, Gerry McCambridge made comments about my dead brother, plus his other remarks about going to the IRS and making reports about me and others...
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
835 Posts

Profile of RileyG
I also agree Doug D is a talented guy and great thinker...
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2141 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Doug D ?

You mean Doug Douglas,right?
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2495 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Quote:
On 2008-02-11 13:37, RileyG wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-02-11 11:39, kriskraze wrote:
For some, the fact that Riley G left the organisation could infer that it's not a great place to be a member of. For others, it could mean the opposite.

I departed the PEA when another former member, Gerry McCambridge made comments about my dead brother, plus his other remarks about going to the IRS and making reports about me and others...

So you departed when somebody else who had departed made comments on your beloved departed brother? Just trying to make sense of it.

Additionally, the somebody else who had departed (GM) made comments about going to the IRS about you and others.

There are only about a million questions I would have if I was interested. However, as that was clearly the objective (being vaque but trying to make a point), I have completely lost interest now. It just seems people, as usual, are just trying to convert people over to their viewpoint and give narrow glimpses into the truth as a way of doing that.

Exactly the reason why I don't belong to IBM, SAM, PEA, Boy Scouts, or any other group. You all are insane!!! lol
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
835 Posts

Profile of RileyG
The PEA does have/did have some great minds in it, but all and all, just another private magic club at the time I belonged... I understand that the new blood at the helm has tried to change it to a real mentalism group (like the founders wanted, and originally was)...

I for one was shocked when I was a member and several members at a PEA convention said the Richard Webster should be strung up for doing readings and it was like being a drug dealer... Strange comments for a so called group of mentalist's and readers...

On the flip side, the lectures/video series did have some great stuff... One of my favorites is/was Davey Marlin-Jones PASTO principal lecture that was cut to video for the members who wanted to by it... I converted mine to a dvd and play it often... Another one was Herb Dewey's lecture...

My viewpoint is this... Any working performer in mentalism does not need the PEA, the PEA needs them and dabbers to continue to prosper as a private corporation... That comes from dues money paid via membership fees...

Some of the great friends I made in the PEA: Marcello Truzzi, Richard Webster, Marc Salem, John Riggs, Erskine, Ted K., Docc Hilford, Ned Rutledge, Ed Fowler, Sandy Spillman, Brother Shadow, Tony Andruzzi, Ted K., Marc Sky, Dennis Marks, Kardor, Banachek, Lee Earle, the list goes on, and on... (some of those mentioned have passed, like Tony Andruzzi calling me at 3 am EST to talk about a possible effect with a rose, those were the days)

Friends made outside the PEA are Uri Geller, Kreskin

Article on the late Sandy Spillman: http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G1-9387949.html
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
835 Posts

Profile of RileyG
Quote:
On 2008-02-11 14:54, Lemniscate wrote:
Exactly the reason why I don't belong to IBM, SAM, PEA, Boy Scouts, or any other group. You all are insane!!! lol

Don't join the PEA, just find out where there next "Meeting Of The Minds" is located (Annual convention) and book a flight to the city and a hotel room at the host hotel and meet the guys and gals at the bar and talk shop... Sort of crash the party...lol
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4348 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
My initial application was turned down by the P.E.A. and I've never bothered to re-apply.

And since the application fee is now non-refundable, I'll probably never re-apply.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17539 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I've heard that they are very good at protecting their magazine. That would be a good thing wouldn't it?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
835 Posts

Profile of RileyG
Quote:
On 2008-02-11 18:56, Philemon Vanderbeck wrote:
My initial application was turned down by the P.E.A. and I've never bothered to re-apply.

And since the application fee is now non-refundable, I'll probably never re-apply.

It's a shame that a true working psi performer was turned down by them, well their loss, not yours...
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17539 Posts

Profile of Slim King
If they didn't want Philemon they'll laugh if I applied Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
835 Posts

Profile of RileyG
Quote:
On 2008-02-11 19:12, Slim King wrote:
If they didn't want Philemon they'll laugh if I applied Smile

I say that I start my own Group... The Paranormal Entertainers Association (PEA as well), and hold our free meetings in the same hotel as the other PEA, but we will have the scantly clad women and pool parties (Sounds like a few Weerd Weekends that I attended, we boys & girls know who we are that went sky clad into the pools)... Anyone game...?
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17539 Posts

Profile of Slim King
COUNT ME IN!!!!!!!!!!!
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
You want to know the truth?
Guys and Gals both in and out have been of great help and support since October.

I am not a joiner, but I do remember those who stand with me.

Jim
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17539 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Yes but do you remember those who DRINK with you?
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
We shall see.

And who are you again?
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Experimentalist
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of Experimentalist
The sky clad ritual at the pool ruined me for all other magic conventions.

Definitely game.

I wonder if there is still a picture of Bro. Shadow in the security office.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » PEA? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL