The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » A Logical Lesson (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pokerplayer269
View Profile
New user
Needham, MA
30 Posts

Profile of pokerplayer269
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o7K54atpTQ

Some of you might think the counting is too slow. There are 2 reasons for this; 1. Hypnotized is a slow song, and 2. if I counted them too fast, the subtitles wouldn't be able to go as fast as the video and thus go out of sync.
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
2240 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
I liked it. Nice flow and a logical conclusion. Handling was plenty clean enough, though the 2-as-4 displays won't get by in "fast" company (magicians and/or poker players). Perfect "astonishment" type trick for a soft audience - and I liked the music, too.

On the "Tenaki" turnover of the deck I would suggest moving your right hand to begin gathering up the remaining cards just a moment before your left hand moves forward to place the deck down. This alone will [at least] divide the attention, and the patter should finish the job of focusing their eyes on the right hand and keeping them from catching the turnover.

TW
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
pokerplayer269
View Profile
New user
Needham, MA
30 Posts

Profile of pokerplayer269
Quote:
On 2008-02-11 16:14, Thomas Wayne wrote:
though the 2-as-4 displays won't get by in "fast" company (magicians and/or poker players)

True. Personally though, I don't perform magic to magicians to try to fool them, only to get feedback. To me, magic is meant for spectators, not magicians. That's also why I find magic competitions pointless.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Thanks for sharing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » A Logical Lesson (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL