The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Peter Marvey Card production (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
Heya guys, I've been a huge fan of manipulative magic and I've been really WOWed by Peter Marvey's card production. In my opinion, it's much more than Black art. I was just wondering if there are any resources on the production or is it a Peter Marvey 'special'. I simply just love his manipulation routine...Help appreciated...Cheers!
Jon Royer
View Profile
New user
Warminster, PA
70 Posts

Profile of Jon Royer
Kyle,

You are right. His card production is more than black art. I think you can still buy his cards but that will not allow you to do everything he does. The rest of it is his. This has been discussed in other threads but my best advice is if you have a need for something similar in your act look in old books. They might inspire you to develop something that would work out for you.

Jon
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
Cool...but is there any particular resource?? I've done a fair deal of reading up to no answer.
shogunmagic
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of shogunmagic
He uses a gimmick that he has never sold. But, as Jon told you, in some old books, you can be inspired.
Nedim
View Profile
Elite user
istanbul/turkey
444 Posts

Profile of Nedim
Hi,

Several months ago I asked the same question but no one can answer. I think no one knows that secret!?

magicially yours,

Nedim Guzel
Jerico
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
54 Posts

Profile of Jerico
Actually, there are many of us who know, but we are respectful of his creation and do not copy it. It is a very old concept that he has taken to a new level. We do not tip the method to those who might copy it.

Jerico
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
Well, you have a very valid point there. However, there is no way to differentiate a rip-off magician and someone that genuinely wants to know. As for me, and I'm sure a couple more magicians here, we want to know the secret for the betterment of our magic knowledge. We know how Copperfied does the lazer sawing in half but we don't do it. We know how to walk through the great wall, but don't do it. Perhaps this can work via Pm. The post was not one asking for secrets but resources. Maybe a title of a book would help. It's hard to define OLD books as well...thanks
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21951 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Whether you want to "rip-off" or genuinely want to know is of no concern. This is Peter Marvey's trick and his alone. You will just have to wait to see if it ever surfaces.

I have waited many years for some secrets to be revealed. Of course I wanted to know sooner, but that does not give me a right to another persons secrets. Also, you would have to be willing to pay any price for the secret, if Marvey ever decides to share.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
740 Posts

Profile of Christopher Moro
Well put, Bill. Being a magician does not entitle us to know or divulge another's secret.
incompletefaro
View Profile
Regular user
bangalore, india
135 Posts

Profile of incompletefaro
Kyle,

I vaguely remember reading about something called a "coin spider" (?) in Nelson Downs' "Art of Magic". This might interest you...

Sanjay
Sanjay Subramanyam
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
I just read the book. Lucky I have it lying around at home. Sometimes you never really know what lies in a magic book. Thanks Sanjay!
Warlock1
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Warlock1
This Topic was Covered some time back

wl1
rdbateman
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of rdbateman
WHo is Peter Harvey? Is there a video link to this act you speak of?
T.G Kenny
View Profile
Loyal user
Malaysia
243 Posts

Profile of T.G Kenny
Sorry rdbateman , he is Peter Marvey , not Harvey . Link of his videos ? Go Youtube and search for his name . You will find what you want there .
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
Harvey?? You mean Harvay...HaHa! I actually went back to my fist post to see if I misspelled his name! He's got a great set of tricks up his sleeve. I love the TV special he did in Japan. He really stumped me with the pool table effects, ball to cube, color changin ball...WOW!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Peter Marvey Card production (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.37 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL