The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Grimoires, Necronomicons - DIY (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
I have also found that keeping some scrap paper and an ink pad handy will let you invoke some rather unusual images.
(Okay, so carry some tweezers and rubber gloves too.) I must say, those skeletal leaves in the late fall leave an intriguing print, and if it gets smudged a bit, no great worry. Stamping an unusual bit of bark, or other image that just does not look quite right(hence the scrap paper to see how it might look in the "good" book!)
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
The Compleat Invocation has information on making your own grimoire. There is already enough great information here to help anyone along. I just thought I would throw this in for good measure.

Smile
StrangeMagick
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of StrangeMagick
I'm glad to see that this thread has gotten so much of a response. I've been busy the past week, so I haven't been able to post until now. Here is a small list of the papers I've discovered which work well in an inkjet printer and can be used for grimoire pages and for making paper props:

- Southworth makes a nice looking 24-pound imitation parchment paper which works well in inkjet printers and laser printers. The gold parchment in an 80-sheet pack has the piece number P994C. I also picked up an assortment pack, containing 60 sheets, 15 sheets of each color. The piece number is P964S. Southworth have a web page at

http://www.southworth.com

For a heavier stock, I found that Wausau Papers puts out a product called "Astroparche" which is described as a "Specialty Card Stock Antique Parchment Finish". This is a heavy 65-pound paper stock (make sure you get the 65 pound paper for heavier stock). This too is designed to work in inkjet printers (as well as laserjet and copiers).
The piece number for the 100-sheet pack is 27427.

Here is their web site:
http://www.wausaupapers.com/index2.htm

I purchased all of these products from a local chain of office supply stores called Staples. Staples has over 1400 stores word-wide. Here's their web page:

http://www.staples.com

A.C. Moore crafts also carries various papers useful in creating a grimoire, or props when you don't feel the need (or can't) age the paper yourself. Here's a web link to their site:

http://acmoore.com/default.asp

Also, one of the best ways is still Xeroxing an image on white paper and then aging the paper.

I hope some of you can use the information I, along with several others, have passed on to you. Thanks to all those who have shared their experiences and information on making a grimoire. Happy grimoire making!

Magickally,

Dave Birtwell
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
If you really want some unusual pages, consider hitting your local art supply store for some of the hand made, and hand laid papers. they will run you about 1-2$ us per sheet, but they are BIG sheets. They come in several colors, weights, and finishes, and many already have the deckled edges. when sizing them down for your pages, use a straight-edge and crease/tear it for the feathered edge look. these papers are usually made for water color or printmaking, so you can count on them to handle staining liquids really well. Smile
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
Almost Amazing Doug
View Profile
New user
Pullman, WA
78 Posts

Profile of Almost Amazing Doug
kaytracy,

That is the kind of paper the prebound book I referenced above from Barnes and Noble is made out of. Saves a lot of work, if the style is what one is looking for. Great price, too.

Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Grimoires, Necronomicons - DIY (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL