The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Best "ice breaker" ? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
chernacious
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of chernacious
What if you were able to pull money out of a sugar packet that you are about to use?

Will probably need a little bit of preparation, but it might leave a good conversational topic.
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2320 Posts

Profile of todsky
The haunted hanky: just kneel on the floor and whip out your hanky and wipe the floor, and then make it gerculate. Subtle and effective.

Less subtle: finger flasher with flash cotton really gets people's attention, if you're working a room doing walk-around and you first arrive, it's a good way of signalling that the magician is here. Most don't see the flame directly but peripherally, which kind of makes it more mysterious, and you can just pretend you have no idea where that came from.
I suppose that's more of an ice-melter than an ice-breaker though...
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
iambest
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of iambest
How about the new Extreme burn? Just do it while paying at the bar, make sure the girl's watching =0
J.Buddy
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of J.Buddy
I think a trick that will relate to the moment will work really good, and as someone said above- don't even say anything about doing a magic trick, just casual.
good posts.
J.
Rediscovering the magician inside.
dragee
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of dragee
Do some simple coin vaish and coins across
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
761 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
I use Fearson's floating cigerette. You can't go wrong with that. I keep several handy everytime I go out. Nothing better than seeing a guy walk by you at a bar like he is trying to catch a cigertette that is floating away from his mouth. Always kills!
trickychris
View Profile
Loyal user
England
257 Posts

Profile of trickychris
I use the finger flasher. It's good & gets attention. Make a funny comment and boom your in...
and of course fire wallet - bloody brilliant: "is this anyone's" ...fire...boom, your in!
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1331 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Quote:
On 2008-05-29 18:41, trickychris wrote:
I use the finger flasher - its good. get attention. make a funny comment and boom your in...
and of course fire wallet - bloody brilliant: "is this anyones" ...fire...boom, your in!

You sound like Jay Sankey!
magicsantana
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of magicsantana
Sponge balls
MagicAndy
View Profile
New user
Sussex
18 Posts

Profile of MagicAndy
When I'm at a pub or something, I use the fire wallet if standing next to someone, get it out to pay for your drink and watch as the flames make everyone jump, then close it, look apologetic and say "I guess it's true, money does burn a hole in your pocket." Then open it up and take out your money, people go crazy over that.
All Life is an Illusion, only when you realise that can you appreciate what is truly real.
daver
View Profile
Elite user
Jupiter, FL
426 Posts

Profile of daver
Restaurants - spoon spinner. Just sit there and mess with the silverware and it will surely attract some attention.

General - coin roll. Just doing that, and then a couple of french drops or retention vanishes and a coin thru the arm does it every time...
Dave

What's the difference between a magician and a deck of cards? A deck of cards has FOUR suits...
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11989 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2008-06-10 06:37, MagicAndy wrote:
When I'm at a pub or something, I use the fire wallet if standing next to someone, get it out to pay for your drink and watch as the flames make everyone jump, then close it, look apologetic and say "I guess it's true, money does burn a hole in your pocket." Then open it up and take out your money, people go crazy over that.

I really dislike the fire wallet but I get asked for it often. Amazing. I just think its overexposed but I cannot remember more then one time someone said they saw it before.

I agree, it does invite attention. SOmetimes I make a gesture with my other hand as though I am causing it to ignite, then just give a smile.
dAvId tOnG
View Profile
Regular user
sInGaPoRe
194 Posts

Profile of dAvId tOnG
The Ring Thing...all you need is a ring on your finger and you are ready to go!
Steveblackwell
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of Steveblackwell
For a perfect ice breaker I highly recommend the new trick from the enchantment called aquarius cap in bottle. It fits everything the first post asked for. It can be impromptu and is really amazing.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
One of the best ice breaker, as elementary as it may sound, is the Magic Coloring Book!!!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
What type of audience do you perform for evolve? I don't think the Magic Coloring Book would fly at a bar. Smile
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
T. Sebastian
View Profile
Loyal user
Ozark Mountains, USA
223 Posts

Profile of T. Sebastian
Making things move.
That's my favorite.
So sorry I soiled your precious eyes.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2008-07-28 23:52, DVLKCC wrote:
What type of audience do you perform for evolve? I don't think the Magic Coloring Book would fly at a bar. Smile

It really does lead quite nicely into other color change effects, IMHO...
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
ThomasJ
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
785 Posts

Profile of ThomasJ
Kenton Knepper's "Kolossal Killer" is a great ice breaker. It's impromptu and you carry it in your wallet, so unless you're at the gym you can really do it anywhere.

Look into it; you won't be disappointed.

-T.J.
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
1991 Posts

Profile of puggo
Leland Stone makes a good point regarding the floating bill, in that it may be a hard effect to follow once the ice has been broken. Perhaps a modest TT vanish, one coin routine or muscle pass (if no cards allowed).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Best "ice breaker" ? (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL