The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Omega Mutation: Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-04-27 18:31, Cameron Francis wrote:
I would definitely put Alan above me. Actually I'd probably put all of those guys above me!

When we all meet at a convention, Cameron is not allowed to make the sleeping arrangements!

Anyone perform "Cagey" from Omega Mutations yet? LOOK OUT. You will fry them big time. Killer!

If you put Richard Sanders and Chad Long in a tele-pod, the metamorphosis would produce Cameron emerging from the other tele-pod. He's that good and clever!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Cam ill go ontop any time baby ........... um I'm straight I swear

Alan

ps. ill second christophers cagy comment
montz
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of montz
Man, I was demming some of Cameron's stuff at Bristol Day of Magic on the BBM stand, and his stuff KILLS! If you've not checked it out already man, you should totally do so... very commercial, simple, direct stuff.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Hey, Liam, glad to hear it went over well! I'm sure you did a bang up job of demoing it, too! Thanks for the kind words, man.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Shane gave this a very nice review over at Online Visions. 9/10 no less! Smile

http://www.online-visions.com/reviews/0712omegamutation.html
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Quote:
On 2008-05-12 17:39, Cameron Francis wrote:
Shane gave this a very nice review over at Online Visions. 9/10 no less! Smile

http://www.online-visions.com/reviews/0712omegamutation.html

9/10 is a very good mark. As a result of this you have moved to the top of my list of favourite BBM guys.

1. Cameron
2. Iain
3. Alan
4. David
5. Liam
6. Owen

Don't get complacent though. You have to work just as hard (if not harder) to maintain the top spot.
Wesker
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Wesker
Quote:
On 2008-04-27 18:54, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-04-27 18:31, Cameron Francis wrote:
I would definitely put Alan above me. Actually I'd probably put all of those guys above me!

When we all meet at a convention, Cameron is not allowed to make the sleeping arrangements!

Anyone perform "Cagey" from Omega Mutations yet? LOOK OUT. You will fry them big time. Killer!

If you put Richard Sanders and Chad Long in a tele-pod, the metamorphosis would produce Cameron emerging from the other tele-pod. He's that good and clever!

While I don't have Cameron's DVD set yet, I did get RMQ+ #4 and "Cagey" is included on the DVD, so I agree highly, the affect rocks. I really want The Omega Mutation though (Beleive it or not, I want it more for what appears to be a filmic atmosphere, since I do film production), just waiting a little bit because of the cost and when my dealer gets it.
Mike_T
View Profile
New user
Alabama
85 Posts

Profile of Mike_T
I just purchased these DVD's from Madhatters. Thanks Chris for the heads up on the great price. Been out of magic for a long time. But this DVD set has sparked my interest again.

Mike
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Now that's what I like to hear! Smile
Barry Donovan
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Barry Donovan
I work in a prison so cagey is tweaked to my own personal patter but top top dvds, normally I get a dvd and only like possibly 1 trick but this I like 75% of the tricks
when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Purist, I too occasionally tweak the patter for Cagey depending on my audience. Sometimes I just call it a "cage" and leave it at that. You could also just draw a large X on the card and say that "the card will attempt to escape the confines of the X"... or something.

BTW, glad you like most of the effects. Really means a lot to me that people are enjoying this stuff.
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Blimey!

I just read the review in Magic magazine by Jason England. It wasn't very good review I'm afraid.

Mind you, Jason also has bad things to say about Kevin Parker's material so I don't always agree with his opinion.

Cameron, what do you say? I don't want you to drop down my list of favorite BBM guys.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Yeah, I heard about that. Haven't read it yet. I'm sure it'll be interesting...
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Can someone post the review?
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1473 Posts

Profile of jstone
I haven't seen the Magic Magazine review, but I've watched the videos several times and posted a review here:

Omega Review
NYCJoePitt
View Profile
Special user
558 Posts

Profile of NYCJoePitt
Quote:
On 2008-07-05 00:05, magicman4646 wrote:
Can someone post the review?

Ummm... how about going out and buying a copy of the magazine or at the very least borrowing your friend's copy... sorry, didn't mean to get on my high horse there. But come on guys, let's support our own art.

I've already purchased OMEGA MUTATION based off of the reviews I read on here and other places and I've been very happy with my purchase. I got a great deal at the Madhatter Magic Shop. I like the rock music. I like the quirky premise and the goofy intros and exits.

I also read Jason England's review of the dvds and I don't think it was his cup of tea. In fact, he was so put off that he wasn't able to really focus in on the magic portion of the dvds. I could see that happening to me if I wasn't into the "storyline" aspect of these dvds. While I think some of England's criticism is fair, I think he got bit by the "throw the baby out with the bathwater" bug.

I have to give Cameron credit for having some fun, coming up with a creative idea, integrating magic into it, and pulling out some high quality dvds with some good, solid magic that you can take out of it. I certainlyy enjoyed watching the dvds and CAGEY has to be my favorite effect in the entire set. I feel like I got my money's worth and would recommend these dvds to others.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Hey, Joe, thanks for the support, man! It was a blast to do. To be fair, though, the concept/storyline was not mine. It was pitched to me and it sounded like fun so I said, "Let's do it!" I love the final product. It's off-beat and unlike anything else out there.
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Hi Cameron,
I just got 'Cagey' from the BBM promotion, and having now seen the quality, I think the Omega Mutation has just been added to my shopping list! The BBM promo is a great way of showcasing your material, and Cagey is a fantastic worker.
PS - I am using a stickman drawing / plot instead of the 'Houdini' as it ties in with the 'Stickman4' effect I love and use from that nice Mr Sanders. Hope you don't mind!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Puggo, thank you so much. Your support really means a lot to me.

Yes, Cagey seems to be the runaway hit of the dvd (thanks in part to the BBM promotion and it being offered in Reel Magic Quarterly). It's been a staple of my tablehopping act for a long time now. I love it and use it all the time.

If you like Cagey, then I think you will enjoy the rest of the dvds. Smile

Oh, and of course it's okay if you change the effect to suit you. Make it your own.
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
Bumping this because Cameron rules and I'm still loving this set.

BUY IT!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Omega Mutation: Review (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL