The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Blindfolded Car Book by Devin Knight (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
At the printers now and out in about 2 to 3 weeks. Inside secrets on taking blindfold drives to the next level. Not only is the magician blindfolded but so is the car. Techniques to totally be blindfolded and then have the ALL the windows of the car sprayed painted with a washable black paint. Yet you drive the car. Methods to leave sunshades covering the car windshield, you are blindfolded yet you drive the car. Methods that allow you to tape cardboard, newsprint, etc completely covering the windshield. You are blindfolded too. While reporters are in the car with you even they can't see out because of the newspaper or cardboard. You still drive the car down the highway.

Warning all these stunts MUST be done on closed highways. To attempt any of them on public roads could result in the lost of your licenses it could even get you arrested. I got me arrested one time. Many of these secrets have never been in print before and are known only to a small handful of magicians. Even fewer have performed them. When I performed as Jason Michaels these were stables of my career and took the blindfold drive to the next level. ALL of my secrets are being revealed in the book.

I don't recommend that anyone actually do these things. I did. The stunts can be dangerous without the proper practice. The book rather details the methods I used and reveals for the first time how the drives that fooled the skeptics were pulled off.

Information on how to beat the case in court if arrested. I did and it works, however
I ADVISE against driving with windshields covered on open roads. It will freak people out. To avoid losing your licenses and your insurance this should only be done on closed roads with the proper permission from local police.

No electronic devices, no gimmicks, no secret assistants to guide you.

Plus a chapter on how to stop a car running while a reporter is driving it using psychic energy. Other passing cars in the same location STALL and can't be started until the psychic wills it to happen. Another psychic feat that got reams of publicity as Jason Michaels. Reveal in print for the first time.

The publicity for either of these feats IS PRICELESS to those who have the nerve to pull them off.

The book also includes a sampling of the hundreds of clippings full of FREE PUBLICITY I got doing these feats. It also includes my arrest story along with clippings that the associated press carried worldwide

Sold for informational purposes only and is being released by Murphy's at the end of the month.

Devin Knight
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
783 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Wow, this sounds awesome. Can't wait to check it out.

Matthew Mello
fishwasher
View Profile
Inner circle
B'ham uk
1231 Posts

Profile of fishwasher
That sounds great.....
Sayn lay narn, marli?

http://www.bizarremagic.net
Jason Messina
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of Jason Messina
Hi Devin,
Looking forward to this, loved the cloud busting book. Any word on the Publicity Stunts book that was mentioned quite some time ago?

Best,
Jason
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Part of that will be in this book. This is the ultimate publicity stunt, especially if you get arrested like I did. The stopping of the moving car a reporter is driving was also to be part of the publicity book. The full details are describe in this book.

Devin
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Do you reveal how to PREVENT being arrested as you did? (Aside from the obvious don't perform the drive!)
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
No I got arrested, I reveal how to beat it in court.
Mental_Mike
View Profile
Special user
Canada
725 Posts

Profile of Mental_Mike
Does this mean you will not be releasing foresight?
Maleficia
View Profile
Regular user
Ottawa, ON, Canada
101 Posts

Profile of Maleficia
I think this is something I could sink my proverbial teeth into. I'll be looking forward to the release.
T.G Kenny
View Profile
Loyal user
Malaysia
243 Posts

Profile of T.G Kenny
Hello Devin , I am a big fan of your materials !
Can I get this directly from you ? How much does it cost ?

Thanks !!!
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
The retail price of this will be $29.95. I will have some available. PM me to reserve a copy.
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
835 Posts

Profile of RileyG
This sounds very familiar on the newspaper method...

Signed,
The Stunt Driver...
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
835 Posts

Profile of RileyG
So much for BUYING a one on one EXCLUSIVE information as the one off manuscript says on the blindfolded, NEWSPAPER OVER WINDSHIELD routine... I am only posting this in the light as Devin Knight has had time to read and chose not to respond to his PM, nor the public posting here... I bought NEWSPAPER OVER WINDSHIELD routine with his simple explanations on the arrest and such from him in approx. April 2001... Now he's selling what he sold me exclusive in a book mixed with other blindfolded ideas including a spin off based upon PAINTED GOGGLES by William Larsen (see Sealed Vision by Will Dexter)

Something ain't right with this picture... Now I wonder how many EXCLUSIVE INFORMATION manuscripts were printed...

Be very careful if you buy this as it's very dangerous and I say this as a Hollywood Stunt Driver... But no need to buy it when the secrets are already printed out there by other people (Authors), many who are dead...
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
835 Posts

Profile of RileyG
Plus Al Mann's Car Auto-Shade w/ blindfolded hood routine from The Headless Horseman, called "The Headless Rider"...
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
Eric Simmatis
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Eric Simmatis
Sounds good....and a fair price. Cant wait! To stop the car, do you have to be in the car?
KMan1564
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of KMan1564
Wasn't Al Mann Devin Knight's mentor? I just don't see the need to air dirty laundry here.
New Mentalism and eMagic Supply Exclusives
http://emagicsupply.com/126.html
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
835 Posts

Profile of RileyG
Quote:
On 2008-03-02 15:21, KMan1564 wrote:
Wasn't Al Mann Devin Knight's mentor? I just don't see the need to air dirty laundry here.

Not dirty laundry, just stating the facts that he sold me the exclusive information on his Newspaper Blindfold car drive a few years ago and now selling it again to everyone in a booklet form with a few other routines... As mentioned, his other routines appear to be based heavily on William Larson's, "Painted Goggles" routine as written in Sealed Vision, by Will Dexter, and I believe GENII magazine many years ago but using a car windshield instead of goggles, and Al Man's blindfolded Auto-Shade routine from the HEADLESS HORSEMAN booklet.

BTW: Being a Hollywood trained stunt driver and retired NYPD Police Officer, I will tell you that it would be very easy to KILL or SERIOUSLY INJURY SOMEONE and YOURSELF using his blindfolded car routine... The very short story about the arrest and all is a little out of date as well... Plus the use of electro-magnetic devices to KO cars has been on TV and is in use by certain Police Agencies around the USA and abroad... But the possible damage to a moving car that dies in motion could cause an accident/injury as well when the POWER STEERING and POWER BRAKES are KO'd as well...

All in All, nothing new appears to be in his works as most of the routines and effects are already out there if you just now were to look...
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Sorry there is NO danger to stopping cars routine. There is no electro magnetic device used. This wouldn't be practical. My car stopping routine is real world and I have used it many times. Since nobody has seen the methods in the book it is unfair to speculate on methods. As with all my release when I take an old idea, I revamp it and improve it. I give additional information that make these ideas more workable. Some of the ideas in the past were just basically described as ideas and gave little information on how to do it. I HAVE DONE all of these things and give you methods I have used NOT PIPE dreams. YES they can be dangerous and should only be USED on closed roads with the permission of the police. I stress this through out the book.

The arrest information has greatly been expanded and includes clippings and information on how I beat it in court back then. Yes the story may be old, but so what? So I got arrested over 20 years ago. The point is I still got arrested for doing the drive and AP carried the story world wide. It makes for interesting reading. As far as I know I was the only person who has been arrested for doing this and got such coverage.

I never just release old ideas. Anyone who has seen my previous works know that any old idea is credited to the originator and then revamped so much it is almost a new idea.

Any further comments on the book should be withheld UNTIL someone actually reads it. I've kept this information under wraps and NOBODY has seen it yet, so nobody is qualified to make a comment yet. Even the newspaper over windshield has been revised and improved with NEW SAFETY techniques.

Yes these can be dangerous, but I give you the methods and techniques to make them as safe as possible for those willing to try. Again I have done EVERYTHING in the book and the newspaper over the windshield dozens of times. I've never had an accident by using my methods for extra safety.

Devin
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Al Mann and I were close friends and he was a mentor to me in many ways. Al knew of my newspaper over the windshield (he didn't know the method)as this was one thing I tauted him with. I told him someday I would reveal the method to him. That never happened. He asked me several times to give him the method to publish. I always said no since I was using it. The Auto Shade describe in Headless horseman was his attempt to duplicate my Newspaper over the windshield. His method was close but wasn't as baffling as the newspaper taped over the windshield. It is described in my book only as a lead in and background information on my newer methods.

I am not advocating that anyone do this things. True if you can find these old magazine articles, out of print books, you may get some of the basic ideas IF YOU know where to look. I've taken almost everything known about these techniques revamped the ideas and put them all into one book to make it easy to reference everything in one place.

This is being released more for informational purposes rather than go and do likewise. Many performers have no idea how these things are done. This book will give you a mini education on the methods. Most people will never do them, but only read about how they are done. If a real worker choses to do so on a CLOSED ROAD then you have detailed information on how I do it.

Most of you will simply read it and say yes these are clever methods but never do it. That is ok as once you learn the principles you may be able to apply them to other things.

Devin
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
I wanted to point out that the main feature of this book is a NEW METHOD of doing the newspaper over the windshield. This is NOT the old method I shared with others. It is
a lot safer than than my older method and hasn't been shared or sold to anyone in the past.

In this method you newspaper goes all the way to the bottom of the windshield from one side to the other. You are blindfolded on top of that. Yet you can see the road for a good half of mile or more despite this. IN this new method you can drive in traffic (not recommended and even cut across traffic)This was not possible with the older method which is also described in the book.

You can drive on highways and be able to stop at stop signs even though you've never been on the road before.

In testing this again recently I went on an interstate. Covered my car windshield and proceeded to drive about one mile reaching speeds of 60 mphs and yet having full view of what was going on. I quickly pulled off to the shoulder and removed the newspaper before someone could call 911 and report me.

I don't recommend you do this, but I wanted to test this method fully and this is what I was able to do using this method. Something totally impossible with my old method. Still no electronics are used.

Devin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Blindfolded Car Book by Devin Knight (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL