The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Kozmo Performing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
558 Posts

Profile of Motor City
Over the past several years I have had an opportunity to watch Kozmo perform some magic at various times. However, I have never seen Kozmo do his street act...that is...until this past weekend.

I watched Kozmo work for a lay audience for close to twenty minutes. It was none-stop laughter mixed with some great magic.

I was particularly impressed with Kozmo's Chop Cup routine. This man knows how to load a cup! Kozmo closed his routine with the production of a cantelope. I saw nothing! I saw looks of astonishment on the faces on those watching. If I had a mirror, I would probably have seen that look on my face as well. I heard audible gasps!

This has to number among the funniest and best magic acts I have ever seen. My hat is off to Kozmo.
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
I hear he's funny.

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
I saw Kozmo perform once live. Yeah, he's a great chop-cup guy....a real 'artist' Smile

His coin chops were what really blew my mind though. That's why I always think of him as a coin guy Smile
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Kozmo's greatest trick: GTFM. He's good at it. He helped me in that regard.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
BAH1313
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio
445 Posts

Profile of BAH1313
Kozmo's a coin-guy...

LMAO!!!!!!!!
I am truly blessed to have a job where people are laughing all the time and everyone believes in magic....Come to think of it, I'm blessed to even have a job.
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
558 Posts

Profile of Motor City
Now that you mention coins, yes, he really is a coin guy. Kozmo has one of the best classic palms I have ever seen. His hands look absolutely natural. To be honest, I wish I could classic palm like that.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13397 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
He's a classic alright!
I hear that he's a sugar packet guy too.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
558 Posts

Profile of Motor City
Frank, last weekend Kozmo and I were in a nice restaurant. We were sitting at a table with a couple of people. The waitress, an elderly lady, came up to the table to see how things were going.

Kozmo told her that he was going to do a magic trick for her and that she wasn't allowed to leave until she saw the trick. She started walking away and Kozmo told her that, if she left, he ABSOLUTELY would NOT tip her. So, she watched Kozmo do the Sugar Packet Trick.

Turns out this lady wasn't just the waitress. She OWNED the restaurant. She was on Kozmo like a cheap suit to perform in her restaurant on a regular basis. We had lunch there the next day. She never stopped trying to get him to come in on a regular basis to perform in her restaurant.

Now, I think that is cool. Here you have someone who WASN'T INTERESTED in seeing a magic trick turn into someone who had to have this guy do magic in her restaurant. All I can say is, "Kozmo Rocks!"

BTW I really NEED to add the Sugar Packet Trick to my repertoire. I'd be a fool not to.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13397 Posts

Yep. It's a keeper. With all the sugar packets sitting around, you've got a great impromptu miracle.

Live at the Jailhouse!!
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
True dat. Justin Miller rocks the sugar packet in that DVD.

I met him recently at a convention. Great guy too. Very personable. However, I'm not sure that he took to me though...can't figure out why....I'm so very likeable and all. Especially at magic conventions.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13397 Posts

Perhaps don't try to kiss him next time, Chad.
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
I had lunch with Kozmo a couple of years ago at Hank Lee's Conclave (GREAT convention by the way!). Anyway, There was a father and son sitting behind us that were not there for the conclave they were just guests of the hotel. I think the dad asked us if we were magicians, I can't remember. Anyway, when they asked to see a trick Kozmo, who is captain gregarious showed them this little one coin routine with a quarter. It was great, he was funny, the magic was strong, it was a polished little bit of something special. I remember sitting there listening to them laugh and thinking what a pro Kozmo was. Just a very entertaining guy and a very good magician.

The dad thanked him and you could just see in their eyes that he had made their whole day, when he came back to sit down he looked at the goofy grin I had on my face and said, "Oh, just shut up." That's Kozmo. He loves the gift of it when you make somebody laugh.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13397 Posts

I talked with Kozmo on the phone the other day and told him I was getting a booth at LVMI. Sounds like he's planning getting a booth there too so maybe I'll finally get to meat the SOB. And see that quarter trick.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
At the risk of sounding stupid (like it matters at this point) what is LVMI, Frank?

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
558 Posts

Profile of Motor City
LVMI is Danny Archer's convention, The Las Vegas Magic Invitational.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Here's some more info on LVMI including a link to their website. I wish I could be there but even though I live there, I'll be in Europe that week Smile
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Hey Danny,

Is there any chance that Koz did the last sequence of Slydini's 6 coin through table routine for that kid and his dad?

I just bought "As I Recall" from Koz's site and couldn't believe that this wasn't in everyone's library. OMFG, its Cellini's teacher and Cellini on one DVD!

I bought it cuz I was filling in the library and wanted to get something of historical significance besides my obsession with Johnny Paul. But crapper dapper doo Scooby...it's a GREAT DVD!!!

Anyway, as I was watching it, I thought about using the one coin part of that routine as a polished one coin bit for impromptu magic.

So, was Koz sitting down or standing? I gotta know Danny. The magic geek in me HAS TO KNOW!!!
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13397 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-02-15 23:35, Frank Starsini wrote: to meat the

I wrote that??? Come on? Did I really? Jeepers!

Where are the grammar hosts when you need them!
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
558 Posts

Profile of Motor City
Chad, Kozmo does that coin in the eye routine standing. It's Great!
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13397 Posts

I think the Slydini is one of the very few BEST DVDs ever made.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Kozmo Performing (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL