The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Jim Cellini (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
fireperformer911
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of fireperformer911
Does Jim Cellini have a published Chop Cup routine? I see on the Ambitious Card site that Cellini has Chop Cup just wondered if there was routine for sale somewhere?

Thanks
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I don't know of any published chop cup routine by Jim Cellini. I believe the Chop cup you are referring to is made to match the Cellini cups giving you a combo set (or just a nice looking Chop cup).
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I don't know of any published routine of Cellini's.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Please don't kill me with suggestions about my cups routine...I know it sounds too long...but it ain't all that long.

I used Cellini's combo set up for my busking routine (funny I've yet to actually 'busk' with this routine though...anywho, it's ready and waiting.)

So, I begin with 3 cups for the opening sequence (Vernon style) and then the "up the fence post" move or whateva it's called.

Then transition to two cups for the "choose a cup" bit (is that Vernon's too? Can't remember). Then down to one cup for a SMALL chop cup bit.

I think it's more fun. The cups stay on the table and are loaded for the final sequence. So, I still get the big bang at the end.

I acquire the chop ball only when I need it at the end...and the Cellini cups are great because the attic is big enough to keep the chop ball up there and have a final load in there without trouble.

That's the killer move.

OK, NO hackin' my ****e. Get your own feckin' routines. I was just offering something that I do with Cellini's most revered cups.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
No hack on you from me. It sounds like it will work especially if kept short and simple as your brief description implies. Go for it man!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Shorty
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
87 Posts

Profile of Shorty
No Cellini has not published a chop cup routine and never did one in hes Act. Its just if YOU will perform a Routine you can use the Cellini Cup Design that's a reaison they made a Chop Cup.

Greetings Shorty
fireperformer911
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of fireperformer911
Thanks everyone. Chad sounds like great routine please let us know how it works on the street.
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Will do. I just don't do the cups while busking very much. I got better shtuff to go out der wit!

Just kiddin' all...don't flame me. Just a joke. All hail the cups and balls. I get it. All hail the cups and balls.
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Oh, and yes I know. I got the cups in my avatar. I've used them in the past. It's just that they're not as much a part of my present and future.

I'm a nube busker though. Not very seasoned at all. So, I've been changing routines and practicing more than anything...especially in the cold.

I'll get the cups back into a routine soon enough though. I got this completely original finale that'll blow minds. So, I gotta use it. Just to see how it flys when hattin' folks. Just to see if it makes a difference for me.

Just cuz I got an ego the size of Florida...
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Sounds great Chad! Love the idea!
Show me your routine at LVMI 2008. Becuase you're going!
Right after you convince your wife!

Tell her I will keep an eye on you.
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Hey Frank,

Remember that routine I was working on last Fall with the bill from one spec going to person who thought they were holding their own ring, and the signed card goin' to the fruit and the ring ending up...well...in an impossible location???

Opie and Gerald were helping me piece it together over yonder. Anywho, It's changed a bit, but what ended up becoming a reality is that I've got this killer cups and balls finale that has easy reset and requires NO borrowed ring anymore!!!

So...how much does 1st prize of the close-up competition pay? I could spin this into a profitable business trip perhaps...
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Well, after 3 shows I can see it's not ready for the close-up comp...but it was a blast to perform!

The routine ran smoothly and this new finale of mine turned out to be a nice kicker finish. It worked just like in rehearsal. The only problem was that my 'after the big balls' loads shifted each time because I was more animated in front of the specs.

...Frank, I guess that means my rehearsals were more like practice sessions Smile

Oh, well. It was a nasty, cold, windy, snowy Monday afternoon and I made a whopping 14 bucks for three 12-minute shows at an indoor mall.

Sure beat puttin' a second coat of paint on my bathroom though!
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
I just wonder when another batch of the cups are going to be available!
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Me too Gaddy. I just sent an inquiry and hope to hear something soon.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
I've been holding off buying the, much cheaper, Harrie's Bosco cups in hopes that these would become available soon...

Thanks for looking into this, Frank.

I just bought and watched Jim's "Magic That Can Be Performed Anywhere". Throughly enjoyed it... and learned a lot, too!
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
That is a GREAT resource Gaddy. I agree.

Cellini's loop ball stuff is what inspired me to take Erics Evan's jumbo coin and make one into a loop coin so I can drop it in my miser's dream bucket...and still have a continuous production of coins.

The fishing swivel & loop allows me to completly let go of the coin to get that awesome ring, yet I can instantly retrieve it for another go.

Love that DVD though. The stuff with jumbo coins, the metal sphere productions, the egg bag, ahh man, that's a keeper!
BAH1313
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio
445 Posts

Profile of BAH1313
Hey Gaddy, you look like one of "Chico and the Man's" extras with that avatar!

I like it!

You pimp.
I am truly blessed to have a job where people are laughing all the time and everyone believes in magic....Come to think of it, I'm blessed to even have a job.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Cellini was here in Phoenx a few years ago and before the lecture, the club had a drawing and is showing what's avaialble.

Jim and I are in the back smoking ( then you could ) and the club President holds up a set of DVD's ( to remain nameless ) and Jim turns to me as says "oh that guy sucks".

I couldn't stop laughing. Then Jim started laughing and people are turning around to see what's so funny.

It was just a great moment I had with this special guy. And he KILLED in the lecture. Had everyone so amazed at his talent ( and he's very funny ).
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2008-02-19 22:53, BAH1313 wrote:
Hey Gaddy, you look like one of "Chico and the Man's" extras with that avatar!

I like it!

You pimp.

This is the image on my business card.

you should see the whole garb- I look like "a gringo who wanted to look like a hippy interpretation of a Tibetan gypsy, but had to settle for clothes he got from a Mexican vintage shop..."
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Not everyone can pull that look off! Smile Smile Smile
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Jim Cellini (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL