The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cry Baby (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Eric Simmatis
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Eric Simmatis
Take a look at Precisions new effect cry baby here

http://www.precisionmagic.com

At your most touching peice of magic, cry one tear! Beautiful magic at a fair price!
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Don Theo III better look at this.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
Paul h.
View Profile
Special user
MINDoverMETHOD
528 Posts

Profile of Paul h.
Oh boy...
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2008-02-17 13:27, Michaelmystic2003 wrote:
Don Theo III better look at this.

Don Theo III's Teardrop comes with 8 awesome routines. I think for $20 bucks, Teardrop by Don Theo III, is a gem and not to mention a terrific buy!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1920 Posts

Profile of DT3
Ah, sub-par imitation is one of the best forms of flattery. Pick up Teardrop and do it for real.

Can he cry and read an animals mind at the same time?

I prefer to cry on cue without a need to visit the toilet first.

D
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1920 Posts

Profile of DT3
Just checked the link out. I like how he copied and pasted my words verbatim and didn't even bother to alter my poor grammar and all caps " WHY" in his description.

Both he and my attorneys have been contacted.

Hay-Soos Crees-toe! Is it that difficult to develop something original?

Would it have killed him to at least change up my ad copy a little bit?

D
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
NYC
752 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
As a professional actor, I really have to state that this is a utter disappointment. The fact that magic shops are now selling "acting lessons" scares the living daylights out of me.

Anybody who purchases this deserves to pay 10X that amount when you could learn infinitely more from any book checked out from your local library on acting by Konstantin Stanislavsky, Uta Hagen, Stella Adler, or Sanford Meisner.

Or - as stated before - if you are looking for a dose of theatre WITH mentalism and magic, you need look no further than one of our own members at the Café - Don Theo III. Whose work has already garnered him a very positive reputation within only a short release period. His own work and treatise on "Teardrop" makes this more than a "gimmick" to tug at your audiences heart strings. His thoughts make this real. Something I doubt, very highly, that our friends at Precision Magic can top.

While I like some of the products they carry, this may have skewed my capsule judgment of them.
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
Maleficia
View Profile
Regular user
Ottawa, ON, Canada
101 Posts

Profile of Maleficia
I can vouch for how good DT III's Teardrop is, and all the free updates are a welcome addition as well!

I'd be terribly p.o'ed at having my material so blatantly ripped off.
KMan1564
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of KMan1564
Maybe Christopher Williams or David Mann can chime in. Is Christopher still associated with Precision Magic?
New Mentalism and eMagic Supply Exclusives
http://emagicsupply.com/126.html
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
I have been taking a breather from magic for a few days, but come back to seeing this joke of a release.

I am annoyed with this release for a couple of reasons... one, the way this has been done is a complete copy of DTIII's effect, so it's pretty obvious that no research was done at all.
Secondly the workings for it, though not original to me, were shared with dave by me while chatting about my living/dead test style effect... it involved tears in some way... looks like the idea was taken and so as not to copy my effect, was changed into something else... though now it's a copy of DTII's.
Thirdly... this is 100% def not a fully worked out and tested effect/routine. This has been put together since mine and Chris's departure from Precision, and that has only happened within the last couple of weeks... so what your getting is a rushed out idea that is not even there's and that has only been in the works for like a week.

I would stay away from this... I can't believe I was helping a company that works in this way.
This should never have been put out.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
As far as I know he is. Gee, David Mann... I thought he was more professional than this.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
I'd like to see a response too...
Amade3us
View Profile
Regular user
Houston
139 Posts

Profile of Amade3us
This is sickening....
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Its still on the page
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Quote:
On 2008-02-17 18:38, KMan1564 wrote:
Maybe Christopher Williams or David Mann can chime in. Is Christopher still associated with Precision Magic?

No, I had no knowledge of this effect whilst I was with Precision, nor do I have any knowledge now I have left. I do know John has a version, but that is it. So sorry to all thosed who have PMed me, I cannot help. Anything Precision do now, they do by themselves
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of slydini62
This is going to be a battle...Oh Boy...
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Well, do we want to watch the battle here? I think Dave Mann is too smart to have a bloodshed here on the Café... That being said, Dave is a savvy businessman, and I don't know what's his motivations to publish this effect as his own. There are some unknowns that we don't know. But the effect is clearly Don Theo III's brain child.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Mr. Mann's reputation is starting to go down hill.
Magic is a vanishing art.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
I haven't been with Precision either for a little while now.
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Sounds a lot like deja vu. I have to commend Mr Williams and John for doing what is right. I just hope they do not get attacked like someone else I know that left the company over the same issues. Lets commend them for the way they reacted, not for their past ties with a company with now questionable practices.
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cry Baby (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL