The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cry Baby (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Sorry, I completely overlooked your last paragraph.

My appologies.
Magic is a vanishing art.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
This is great! I appreciate David coming here and responding instead of cowering in the corner like many do... does David's method use some sort of extra piece or gimmick? Without even seeing the product I will recommend Don Theo's Teardrop hands down. A truly beautiful and inspiring ebook and the whole thing is laid out in such a way that it helps develop the tear reflex. Wonderful.

Also as a side note, I think "Cry Baby" is a terribly juvenile name for such a serious piece.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Quote:
On 2008-02-20 16:34, edh wrote:
Sorry, I completely overlooked your last paragraph.

My appologies.

No worries man
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
Majestic12
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
643 Posts

Profile of Majestic12
How's the weather?
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of slydini62
Tears of rain are falling currently....
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2008-02-20 19:42, Slydini62 wrote:
Tears of rain are falling currently....

It's like a tropical rain forest..
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Of tears. Redundancy is so.... redundant.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
Ryan_B_Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Sugar Grove IL
244 Posts

Profile of Ryan_B_Magic
This looks horrible who will want to cry performing magic there is no illusions in it
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Crying during magic is not for me.However emo seems to be what teens are about these days so to each his own.No offense to anyone but I wont be crying during magic.
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
I only cry when I finish a gig.
T.G Kenny
View Profile
Loyal user
Malaysia
243 Posts

Profile of T.G Kenny
Can't believe that Dave actually did this ... His reputation is going down .. Oh no! Smile
Maxum
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Maxum
Some of you fellas should step aside and let a real man buy this. You know real men aren't afraid to cry and Mr. Ghost you may just need some better tricks. All kidding aside I can use this in my Promise Kept Routine. I think it will seal the deal for a killer fantastic routine. Ordered mine!
T.G Kenny
View Profile
Loyal user
Malaysia
243 Posts

Profile of T.G Kenny
Maxum ! Make sure you will post a review AS SOON AS you got it ! Smile Thank you
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Quote:
On 2008-02-21 11:56, Maxum wrote:
Some of you fellas should step aside and let a real man buy this. You know real men aren't afraid to cry and Mr. Ghost you may just need some better tricks. All kidding aside I can use this in my Promise Kept Routine. I think it will seal the deal for a killer fantastic routine. Ordered mine!

You can call me Mr Hanrahan. BTW when I was at the company, you were a friend and a hyper of effects for said company, are you still doing that lol. Second, if you are saying that if I do not buy this effect then my magic will suffer,then so be it. I guess I will have to rely on my TESTED effects and sleight of hand to get me by. And lastly, if I need any killer effects, I will just call up my boss and have him send me some.

Regards,
Jeremy Hanrahan
Maxum
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Maxum
Sorry MR HANRAHAN, I meant no disrespect and I do not work for precision in any way shape form or fashion. I just happen to like some of their stuff and I have always been treated with respect. What I wrote was just a joke dude. Lighten up. Sheesh. I will post a review on this when it arrives.
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Why didn't you buy the original from DT III?
Magic is a vanishing art.
JeremyM0411
View Profile
Special user
Moody, Alabama
608 Posts

Profile of JeremyM0411
Ok just to let everyone know. I have talked with a few friends about this topic. They said that the version by DT III is a technique not a gimmick. So if I can't learn the technique you will not be able to preform it. With cry baby you cry instanly and dependable. In magic people take effects and redo them all the time. It is the method that makes the trick diffrent from the next one, just like Animated shoelaces. I fixed the problems that another marketed effect had and came up with my own method, by the way Michael Dustman animated shoelaces were in the making and testing stage for 8 to 10 months. NO WAY it was rushed. When people started to have problems Dave and I steped in and fixed it immediatly. Made everyone happy. On the first day animated shoelace released we sold well over 800 units that had to be hand made and packaged and sent out. But back on point. Almost everything in magic has been preformed somewhere in the vast history of magic. So just sit and think about an effect you have bought somewhere, more than likely it has already been done before. Magic has to evolve and meet the time of today. So just please keep this in mind.

Thanks,
Jeremy Moncrief
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
I think they were angry cus precisions advert was a copy and paste of Don theo's, literally.
john_rivav
View Profile
Regular user
Yauco, Puerto Rico
102 Posts

Profile of john_rivav
1- What is the problem? literally "copy and paste" product description?. This problem already resolved.

2-The cry Baby and the version by DT III use the different techniques. Similar effect but different techniques or gimmcik.

3- Precision Magic is a respectable Store and Dave Mann is a professional and excellent person.

4- Please close this polemic issue and change the page.

** I'm waiting for the review of Cry baby.**

Regards,
John Rivav
Eric Simmatis
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Eric Simmatis
I just want to say that this idea seems like it was rushed...but it was not. The idea of crying was apart of Exorsism well over a year ago, and the routines included I have known for a year. One is a well known mentalism idea and the other is my own routine that was applied to Cry Baby. So the routines have been tested and not rushed.

Also this is not a copy of DT III as this is an actual product not a techinque. So there are no problems here and if you have a touching-ful routine Cry Baby is for you, and if you want it there are 2 routines and if you don't want to have it don't buy it! There is no reason for bashing David Mann and Precision magic as they put out a great item, weather you want to do it or not is your opinion and no need to bash or have a "battle" here!

So all and all Cry Baby is a great peice of magic, not rushed and routines like I said have been tested.

Thank you
Eric
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cry Baby (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL