The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Gloves Vs. NO Gloves (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
What do y'all think? Do you wear them or do you not? If you do, I'm curious if it makes a difference. Do you get less breakage? What are the advantages/disadvantages of wearing gloves when you twist?
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
No Gloves .... I have very dry hands. You might not get any answers here for about a week everyones going to Twist & Shout in Boston.

I leave tomorrow!!!
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
Rob the Balloon Guy
View Profile
New user
West Hartford, CT
96 Posts

Profile of Rob the Balloon Guy
Here are my thoughts on the subject:

http://balloonhq.com/twistmail/current/a......04260008

I plan to elaborate on this a little bit more in a column on BalloonHQ after Twist & Shout.
leftytheclown
View Profile
Loyal user
Illinois
255 Posts

Profile of leftytheclown
My thumbs started to crack. It was either wear gloves or get blood on the balloons. I bought some red "Louisville Slugger batting gloves. They have a big L on them, so I borrowed the L to say they were Lefty's gloves. When my thumbs cleared up, off came the gloves. If I have to do long gigs, I wear them. They are a bit bulky, but I've adapated.
Lefty (aka) Sterling Dare
Author: Money Menagerie
Book and DVD
Dave Lewis
View Profile
New user
Anaheim, California
83 Posts

Profile of Dave Lewis
I used to twist with gloves, both with the fingertips cut off and with them intact. The reason I wore gloves without fingertips was due to my trying to cover any exposed skin as a clown. At the time, I was being mentored by a very insistent clown who wanted me to be the purest form of clown possible. He had been taught by other clowns with inflexible beliefs about the clown biz and was passing down those learnings to me. I have since stopped wearing gloves since I perform for people, not other clowns, and don't intend to enter clown competitions. Everything said by Rob is what I experienced. I used blue gloves at the time, so the darkening didn't show as quickly as it did when I used white. One other time I did balloons with full gloves in an Easter Bunny costume, including the giant head with limited visibility. Haven't done that since!
michaelwriting
View Profile
New user
Kenosha, WI
55 Posts

Profile of michaelwriting
Never considered wearing gloves. Sometimes I wrap a little tape around my tying fingers to keep from chaffing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Gloves Vs. NO Gloves (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL