We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Living Illusions 10 city Arena Tour (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1829 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
We are about 5 weeks into our 2008 tour. It is a ten month trek across the country. Some of these dates are our Ridgeway & Johnson show for state fairs, some of them are our Living Illusions show for churches and large youth conventions.

Starting tomorrow in Knoxville, TN we kick off a 10 city Arena & auditorium tour with country singer Michael Peterson and the US Army Rock Band, the My Real Life Tour. The "My Real Life – Strong For America Tour," presented by the U.S. Army, is motivating people across the nation to explore new and exciting ways to build stronger communities.

We are in each city for four days, doing large assemblies at various high schools and radio & TV appearances. Saturday in each city is the big show...The Communa-Palooza takes place on Saturday afternoon in each city prior to the Community Celebration. We host a wide variety of youth attractions, interactive exhibits and local vendors as a gift to the community. And, it's all FREE! Saturday night is the Concert event featuring Michael Peterson, Ridgeway and Johnson, Colt Prather, The United States Army Field Band "Volunteers" and much more!

In Knoxville, this is at the Knoxville Civic Auditorium & Coliseum. On Friday morning for those in Knoxville, you can see us on WVLT w/Alison Hunt from 5:15–7AM.

In Knoxville, this is at the Knoxville Civic Auditorium & Coliseum. On Friday morning for those in Knoxville, you can see us on WVLT w/Alison Hunt from 5:15–7AM. In case you can't make Knoxville, here are the tour dates

Feb 18–23 Knoxville, TN Knoxville Civic Auditorium & Coliseum
Feb 25–Mar 01 Greenville, SC Timmons Arena Furman University
Mar 03–08 Charlotte, NC Grady Cole Center
Mar 24–29 Dothan, AL Dothan Civic Center
Mar 31–Apr 05 Columbus, GA Columbus Civic Center
Apr 14–19 Evansville, IN Roberts Stadium
Apr 21–26 Midland, TX Midland Horseshoe Center
May 05–10 Waco, TX Ferrell Center - Baylor University
May 12–17 Lawton, OK Elmer Thomas Park Amphitheater
May 19–24 Lincoln, NE Pershing Center

While our part of this show falls under the Ridgeway & Johnson name, you can see all the dates on our living illusions site:
http://www.livingillusions.com
http://www.myreallifetour.com

Hope to see you across the country!
Kevin
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
1829 Posts

P.S. I almost forgot to mention, Kristen Johnson will perform her Full View water Torture Cell, we will perform other large illusions and in select cities, we will perform our Jet Turbine illusion. One of the largest illusions in the world, only three others exist and our show is the only place in the western hemisphere where you can see this ominous illusion live.
Living Illusions

Kevin Ridgeway &

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
1829 Posts

All this week we have had some great media. We had an unfortunate setback as all the Knoxville schools were closed Thursday & Friday due to a flu outbreak. That meant we were not able to be in front of the 8,000 students that were scheduled for our assemblies. Not too worry, we started calling the radio & TV stations trying to get some leverage from our buy-outs. We added additional radio & TV segments. One of the radio segments was the largest station in Knoxville. We just happened to be there during their 'Call to the Front'...where they talk via Sat-phone to troops in Iraq and allow listeners to call in and talk live with the troops. That was an incredible experience...and it very moving and emotional to hear the callers share their love, support & prayers to our men and women overseas. Michael Peterson sang a song live on the air and over the Sat-phone. We did some tricks in studio as well as some mentalism over the airwaves. Two days ago we did the live at 5pm show...Kristen did a rope escape with the on air talent. They enjoyed it so much, they played the segment again yesterday. Of course, one member of our team is covering the media metrics, so we have some good foundation for the next go around of sponsors.

This morning we did an early live TV show here in Knoxville. We did three segments...you can view all three of them here:
http://www.volunteertv.com/ettm/headlines/15871842.html

Tomorrow is the big show here in Knoxville. We loaded in today. A great production company from Montana is on the road with us for the duration of the tour. We'll be posting pictures on our blog starting Sunday. Our photographer, Miles, just wrapped up a photo journaling session with the Joint Chiefs of Staff. We saw some of his work that he has done so far on this tour and it is amazing what he is coming up with.

Kevin
Living Illusions

Kevin Ridgeway &

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
1829 Posts

New pictures from My Real Life Tour are uploaded:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kevinandkristen/

Some backstage shots, some live shots, interesting Jet Turbine shots, etc. One shot of me taking Guitar Hero too far...LOL

Our photographer on this tour is amazing. He is doing some pretty awesome stuff.

Enjoy!
Kevin & Kristen
Living Illusions

Kevin Ridgeway &

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Living Illusions 10 city Arena Tour (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL