The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Set up for videos to web site? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2292 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
I will shortly (I hope!!) be getting a new laptop. One of the uses will be to record and edit video clips to post to my web site (also in the hopefully-near future). These clips will only be to share among friends and get feed-back, not for marketing demos.

Any recommendations for simple basic software that will record and edit video and sound? Nothing spectacular - trim the front and back ends of pre-and post-performance garbage and separate the sound for EQ and noise clean-up.

Ed
Pete McEwen
View Profile
Special user
Durham, N.C.
576 Posts

Profile of Pete McEwen
I recently purchased a mac and using just the software that comes with it is more than enough for me. I don't know what you intend to get, but my highest recommendations go out to a Macbook pro from apple.

Pete
The magician formerly known as SPEEDcuber
"no one will believe the things we do if we don't believe them ourselves." - Slydini
PeteMcEwen@mac.com
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2292 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
I started out on Macs years ago, and would still be using them to this day, except that I was forced into Windows at work and now have more Windows experience - and software!! If I wouldn't have to buy everything all over again, Mac would rule!

Ed
sibbie
View Profile
Special user
East Coast
525 Posts

Profile of sibbie
Windows XP comes with 'Windows Movie Maker' which is very basic movie software. Not the greatest in the world but it is decent to get started.
magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
556 Posts

Profile of magicgettogether
I use a Mac and Final Cut Express, really great software for DVD's and the web.
80 years in the making - Magic Get Together
Visit Abbotts Magic Online - Abbott Magic
TrickeryMagic
View Profile
New user
NJ
77 Posts

Profile of TrickeryMagic
matthew leatherbarrow
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of matthew leatherbarrow
Hey,

I've written an article in this months magicseen magazine about videoing magic. You may find it helpful.

http://magicseen.co.uk/

Matt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Set up for videos to web site? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL