The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "Extreme Burn" Richard Sanders (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..10..14..18..22..26..28~29~30 [Next]
magico563
View Profile
Veteran user
UK, sheffield.
381 Posts

Profile of magico563
I picked one of these up at Blackpool, and I can't wait to get mine up and running!!!

Thanks, magico563 Smile

I also just thought I would say that I have not had any other bill effects before, and I had a look at the other ones like Hundy, and when I saw this my jaw dropped 10m more than the other ones. Now just imagine a lay person see this!!!

That’s just my view just my view.

Thanks again, magico563 Smile
Nick Wait
View Profile
Inner circle
Lichfield, UK
1042 Posts

Profile of Nick Wait
I understand where you're coming from, the effects I perform for friends and family come under much greater scrutiny, than the ones in my proffesional repertoire. Rules and ettiquette tend to go out the window, and many feel as they know you they have a right to look at and use your things. However with items like money, jewlerry and valuables, I find it pretty easy to justify not handing it out to them. Just say no kids Smile
dreamadream99
View Profile
Regular user
Central Alberta, Canada
137 Posts

Profile of dreamadream99
I too am interested to know if the bills are clean at the conclusion of the effect. I would like to be able to perform this in a retail environment, then use the bills to make a purchase.
KMan1564
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of KMan1564
What happened to people using their imagination? If you start with four $1s and change them into four $20s, give them 2 $20s since all of the bills won't be clean at the conclusion of the effect. Easy solution so you can perform this in a retail environment IMO.
New Mentalism and eMagic Supply Exclusives
http://emagicsupply.com/126.html
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
Quote:
On 2008-02-25 15:05, KMan1564 wrote:
What happened to people using their imagination? If you start with four $1s and change them into four $20s, give them 2 $20s since all of the bills won't be clean at the conclusion of the effect. Easy solution so you can perform this in a retail environment IMO.

So two bills can be examined. That much wasn't clear. In that case, I'd tell a story about somebody, maybe a beautiful woman, who once asked you if you had two tens for a twenty. You wished more than anything you did, but when you reached into your pocket, all you had was $20's (four of them). So you made them into four $10s and gave her the two tens she was looking for. Playing out your story, you drop two of them on the table and pocket the other two. Make switch if need be.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
730 Posts

Profile of ftlum
Quote:
On 2008-02-25 04:36, tdowell wrote:
Dear god, how many versions of Pat Page's "Easy Money" do we have to have? What is so great or new about this? No funny moves? It looked awkward to me...twisty, turny, slappy hand. Frankly, I thought the changes were shifty and un-natural in comparison with Heiny 500, which is much smoother.

Just one more version too many. I guess people have a lot of money to burn on single effect DVD's that make minor alterations to already proven effects. In my opinion this is not an improvement at all. Just another handling.

I'll pass on this.

I guess I shouldn't release my MEGA-Extremely Slow-Easy-3D-Heiney Burn-500 then Smile. Seriously, though, for those of you who have Extreme Burn, do you think there's value to getting Heiny 500 as well?

With regards to handing the bills out: start to put the gimmicked bills away into your Himber wallet. If anyone asks to see them, your switch is done.

- Frank
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
It looks like one of the changes from Heiny 500 is in the Extreme Burn trailer.
mysto59
View Profile
Loyal user
Bethalto, Illinois
264 Posts

Profile of mysto59
I have Heiny, Slow Burn and have just ordered Extreme burn. I keep the gimmicked bills in my shirt pocket so they are easy to get to when needed. I also keep a packet of ungimmicked bills right next to the gimmicked ones. When I finish the effect I quickly put the gimmicked bills back into my shirt pocket. While I am putting the bills into my pocket I say something like "oh wait a minute you may want to check these bills out" and as I let go of the gimmicked bills I get the ungimmicked packet, pull it out and toss it onto the table. I do this in one fast and smooth motion.

When they are finished looking at the bills I just put it back into my shirt pocket next to the gimmicked bills and I'm ready to do it again.

I do this effect quite a lot and someone almost always wants to see the bills. I figured that I needed a way to "offer" the bills for inspection before someone asked to see them. It took a bit of pratice to do the "switch" fast and smoothly but it was well worth the effort. Not a very "high tech" solution but I have yet to be "busted" using this technique.
It's not the size of the wand that matters, it's the "magic" in it...
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I too have found that people want to see the bills. They just can't believe with those kinds of magical changes, that it can't be funny money.

You're solution is great. Show them that it is not. (But try not to grin like a monkey inside while you do!)
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Magic Fingers
View Profile
New user
Blackpool, UK
68 Posts

Profile of Magic Fingers
Bought this at blackpool, it looked literally amazing when he performed it and like most I'm familiar with the principle. DVD comes complete with a clever gimmick (won't wear out) that makes all those changes easy. As always no stone is left unturned when it comes to the explanations, sanders covers every nuiance of the performance and preparation of the gimmick. I bought heiny 500 when it launched and have never got round to performing it but this is sooo eye-popping and sooo much easier. Well done richard another winner
Magicmike221
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
612 Posts

Profile of Magicmike221
Richard Demoed this for me in the Ruskin hotel in Blackpool last Saturday night. I immediately bought it from him the day after!!
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Yes Platt with Slow burn you can hand out or let them feel two of the bills. this takes the heat off the gimmick .
Tophatter.
zoneinfinite
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of zoneinfinite
Can you do extreme burn where the currency notes are of slightly different sizes?
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

I know you can't do that with Slow Burn. I would like to know this also, because I could turn bills to checks. Its not too visual changing an American bill to another.
Magic Fingers
View Profile
New user
Blackpool, UK
68 Posts

Profile of Magic Fingers
Its like any of the aforementioned tricks i.e Hundy, Heiny, slow burn. The note you start with must exactly line up with the note it is changing into. If you want to turn them into cheques then you will have to trim either the note or the cheque to fit the other. Other ideas he suggests are using magazine cuttings (he did this at blackpool and it worked a treat), changing your note into a foreign one that is the same size or turn dodgy looking photocopies of the note into the real thing.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Magic Fingers,

"... or turn dodgy looking photocopies of the note in the real thing." Can I assume you could also turn plain, white slips of paper into the real thing as well?

Regards, Steve
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Can you take the bills off the gimmick, or are they stuck there for good?
Magicmike221
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
612 Posts

Profile of Magicmike221
Quote:
On 2008-02-26 09:37, yachanin wrote:
Hi Magic Fingers,

"... or turn dodgy looking photocopies of the note in the real thing." Can I assume you could also turn plain, white slips of paper into the real thing as well?

Regards, Steve

Yes.
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
Quote:
On 2008-02-26 13:38, THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) wrote:
Can you take the bills off the gimmick, or are they stuck there for good?

Without revealing anything, the short answer is yes. It's kinda ambiguous though. Basically, no bills are destroyed.
NEW Conscious clothing to inspire yourself and others.

http://www.thisisdivisions.com
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
I don't know if anyone noticed, but there's another thread on Extreme Burn in Latest and Greatest. Are both threads necessary?
NEW Conscious clothing to inspire yourself and others.

http://www.thisisdivisions.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "Extreme Burn" Richard Sanders (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..10..14..18..22..26..28~29~30 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL