The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Visual Coin Through Glass (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Quote:
On 2008-03-28 14:52, Alan Rorrison wrote:
This is not new or original. It was in a set of lecture notes called insomnia back in 2001. I have no doubt you independantly created it but the original is better in my eyes as it goes over clean up etc.. ill film it and let you see man

Hey Alan, thanks for the info on that, who was those lecture notes written by? I'd love to check them out to see if the effect in there has the same workings as mine. I will say, I have many and some really funky ways, for getting in and out of this effect, that it's worth giving it a look when it's available.

Also, the original video does not give this justice I feel, so take a look at this one if your interested, this video gives you the view at which I show spectators when I'm standing for them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnQGJrZdYSE

Thanks for the info though Alan,

Thanks,

Lloyd
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
The notes where call insomnia and there by me! Its also a video download

http://www.alanrorrison.com/News/DDD.htm

Im 100% Sure its the same man.. Sorry. Ive been working on this since 2001 and put our demos of clear as day that works and basicly the same principle only on a glass table. This version is why I never released clear as day

ALan
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Quote:
On 2008-03-29 14:51, Alan Rorrison wrote:
The notes where call insomnia and there by me! Its also a video download

http://www.alanrorrison.com/News/DDD.htm

Im 100% Sure its the same man.. Sorry. Ive been working on this since 2001 and put our demos of clear as day that works and basicly the same principle only on a glass table. This version is why I never released clear as day

ALan

And, having Alans version, I can only tell you how clever and strong it really is!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1025 Posts

Profile of kannon
Quote:
Also, the original video does not give this justice I feel, so take a look at this one if your interested, this video gives you the view at which I show spectators when I'm standing for them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnQGJrZdYSE

Thanks for the info though Alan,

Thanks,

Lloyd

Very nice
My work and the Mtangulizi here http://kannonsworks.weebly.com featuring work on drawing duplications, a fiddle-free billet tear, bar mentalism, pendulums
Lumas
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC
202 Posts

Profile of Lumas
Quote:
On 2008-03-29 07:29, Lloyd Barnes wrote:

I have many and some really funky ways, for getting in and out of this effect, that it's worth giving it a look when it's available.

Thanks,

Lloyd

I like how he is still going to release the effect even though the method might be the same. That is a great way to start your magic career.
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Quote:
On 2008-03-29 15:40, blankcards wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-03-29 07:29, Lloyd Barnes wrote:

I have many and some really funky ways, for getting in and out of this effect, that it's worth giving it a look when it's available.

Thanks,

Lloyd

I like how he is still going to release the effect even though the method might be the same. That is a great way to start your magic career.

I've PM'd Alan to talk with him about this.

Lloyd
Masonogy1
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of Masonogy1
D.a.m.n, I never knew so many people had come up with this concept... I was doing the same thing, but the hands never came near the top of the glass as in the video's above! The latest video by Lloyd Barnes is insanely good though... Didn't see one hitch in his performance! Well done guys!
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Both versions, Alan's as well as Lloyd's, are very clever and strong. However Lloyd Barnes' handling (placement of the hand on the mouth of the glass) looks much neater & cleaner.

Both effects look (are) similar in method.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
A free version of this effect is on Youtube now.
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Quote:
On 2008-04-01 08:21, Ustaad wrote:
Both versions, Alan's as well as Lloyd's, are very clever and strong. However Lloyd Barnes' handling (placement of the hand on the mouth of the glass) looks much neater & cleaner.

Both effects look (are) similar in method.

Smile

Hey thanks for the compliment, I would love to share all of my handlings and unique "ins" and "outs" for this, however Alan has said "i would be very unhappy and I woudl consider it theft now that you know its already been done."

So I'm sorry guys, I guess I wont be able to share this with you unless Alan gives permission to do so.

I would like to share with you my version which people feel is "neater & cleaner" but this would be unetheical of me.

Thanks,

Lloyd
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Quote:
On 2008-04-01 10:09, thehawk wrote:
A free version of this effect is on Youtube now.

This was an April fool's joke.
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1050 Posts

Profile of tdowell
Quote:
On 2008-02-20 00:41, randirain wrote:
The third line is not Russian. it's sdrawkcab....

Randi

I love it when Randi talks backwards.
Mr. Ray
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of Mr. Ray
Too bad Smile (that we won't be able to see your "ins and outs" lol)
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1480 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
In January's 2009 issue of MAGIC magazine, I have an effect printed up which may interest readers of this thread. It is a visual coin through glass table penetration where a drinking glass is held below a glass table and a coin above the table is tapped and penetrates through the table landing inside the glass. All examinable.

Angelo
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Visual Coin Through Glass (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL