We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Matrix with nails (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
gillesA4
View Profile
Special user
Brussels, Belgium
529 Posts

Profile of gillesA4
I have heard recently about a magician who perform a matrix routine with nails hammered in a wood board; does anybody knows who's this guy, and if the routine can be seen somewhere?
Thanks!
Gilles
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. (A. Einstein)
Kevin Fox
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Kevin Fox
Micheal Webber. I think its on one of international magic DVDs of his lecture.
Best kevin
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
Does anyone have a link to the performance of it? I'm very interested in this, never even heard of it and it's got the brain wheels turning.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Weber's routine i9s a killer. No clue. A French magician, who's name escapes me this morning (he was a confidant of Fred Kaps) used to do a matrix type routine with poker chips and finished NAILING one down to the table and it moved across to another spot. Was clever and very funny.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8696 Posts

Profile of harris
He may also be the one that floored us with laughter at an early 80's Desert Seminar with rocks over the head as well as a hands and cards off matrix. "Fillipe" many have been part of his name??

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4866 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
You should see his closer that he does with finishing nails Smile
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
2240 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
The Weber trick is legendary, and the work remains unpublished - though it is known by a few.

TW
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4186 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Pete, you might be thinking of Gaeton Bloom. I know he did a Matrix with buttons sewn onto a hankerchief. Despite being sewn to the cloth, they accumulated in one corner. It was a great trick.
AT LAST - a NEW fun coins across!! MIGRATE is filled with laughs, magic, cool moves, lasts over 3 minutes, uses props, comes in a Poker Chip version or special Deluxe version with coins, and is about...BEARS! AT DEALERS EVERYWHERE!
https://youtu.be/hzf-Trbs4Ts

https://youtu.be/gGjMtW1DLjA

ALSO...available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
I HAVE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF COPIES AVAILABLE TO BE SIGNED, AND COME WITH A SPECIAL FREE GIFT! If interested, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com I also have some limited supplies of coins and props used in the book, let me know if you want a pricelist.
gillesA4
View Profile
Special user
Brussels, Belgium
529 Posts

Profile of gillesA4
Thanks everybody!
I'll make a search for Gaëtan Bloom as well!
Nice day all!
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. (A. Einstein)
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4358 Posts

Profile of rannie
Mike,

I do remember a Gaetan Bloom routine that utilizes buttons. If my memory serves me right, I think it was a coins thru table plot. I'll check!
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Dam
View Profile
New user
Brest in France
100 Posts

Profile of Dam
Quote:
On 2008-02-21 03:56, rannie wrote:
Mike,

I do remember a Gaetan Bloom routine that utilizes buttons. If my memory serves me right, I think it was a coins thru table plot. I'll check!

You memory serve you rigth Smile
Gaëtan did a buttons thru tabble. A very good trick, with a very ingenious method.
You can find it in a french video call "Fils indirects".
I don't konw if it is on other videos.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Pete the one your thinking of is Phillip Fiahlo. Very funny act! His pebbles act had me laughing so hard My sides ached from laughing so much. It was an act that you just had to see to really understand how funny he was. I only met him once and was very helpfull with some questions I had. He even helped me on a couple of card routines I was working on at that time. He and Bob Reed were the main attractions at the W.M.S. when Fred Kaps was unable to attened in 1980.

Randy
mfeld
View Profile
Elite user
San Francisco
458 Posts

Profile of mfeld
Does anyone know if there is video available of Webber's nail matrix.... or really any other of his performance or material?
Michael Feldman
www.michaelfeldman.com

Or follow me on Twitter - @magicianmike
And Instagram - @magicianmichaelfeldman

Check out my newest book with Ryan Plunkett: A New Angle
https://www.ryancplunkett.com/project/anewangle
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27166 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Michael Weber did a video a long time ago with some of his older works ... a Greater Magic Video Library item (*volume 22?)
...to all the coins I've dropped here
gillesA4
View Profile
Special user
Brussels, Belgium
529 Posts

Profile of gillesA4
Mfeld,
To my knowledge only one video, performance only:
http://www.internationalmagic.com/
11th competition dvd.
Hope this helps,
Gilles
Richard Tremblay
View Profile
Regular user
Québec, Canada
118 Posts

Profile of Richard Tremblay
If I remember well, Joe Givens also have a matrix with buttons where they are all sewn on the handkerchief for the final.

Richard
newguy
View Profile
Veteran user
398 Posts

Profile of newguy
Matrix with nails can be seen here:

http://tinyurl.com/3yhv2h

I've seen him do it at least twice. He uses the wood with three nails as a table for other tricks and then lets the spectators keep the board with the nails it in at the end!

He has shared the "how" with no one. So anything else is speculation.

Sorry Thomas...
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17176 Posts

Profile of joseph
Thanks for the link....That was good....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2760 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Just maybe Thomas does know......
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27166 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
As a better poet put it:

"Those who know
They don't let it show
They just give you one long glance
And you'll go oh, oh, oh, oh.

Goes to show
How winds blow
The weather's fine
And I feel so, so, so, so, so.

Birds of Prey
With too much to say
Oh what could be my destiny
Another rainy day.

Why ask why
For by the by and by,
All mysteries are just more
Needles in the camel's eye."

I hope Michael Weber does choose to openly publish his material - it would serve as a good example for this generation of what can be done.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Matrix with nails (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL