The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Matrix with nails (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
kent1985
View Profile
Regular user
Perth (WA), Australia
148 Posts

Profile of kent1985
Hmm this is interesting..
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Michael Weber is a genius, and although this effect is very different, it's not that magical in my opinion. I guess I'm not seeing what others see in it. Let the flaming begin.
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
1977 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Quote:
On 2008-02-23 00:41, newguy wrote:
Matrix with nails can be seen here:

http://tinyurl.com/3yhv2h

I've seen him do it at least twice. He uses the wood with three nails as a table for other tricks and then lets the spectators keep the board with the nails it in at the end!

He has shared the "how" with no one. So anything else is speculation.

Sorry Thomas...

No need to be sorry, "newguy"... you are, however, mistaken about the not shared part. "Not shared" with you is more like it.

But it is true that no one [who knows how it's done] is going to reveal the method(s) publicly.

TW
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
On a related note. I recall seeing a pretty sexy barehanded assembly using thumb tacs......though I can't recall the source. Sounds like something Sean Fields would do.....
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
gillesA4
View Profile
Special user
Brussels, Belgium
593 Posts

Profile of gillesA4
Hy Eric!
My belgian english doesn't go that far, may I ask you what you- and probably everybody else- call thumb "tacs"?
Thanks!
Be well!
Gilles
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. (A. Einstein)
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Gilles, you know, the thing you use to stick a card to the ceiling when wax, putty, and/or tape won't work.

aka Thumb "Tacks".
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
gillesA4
View Profile
Special user
Brussels, Belgium
593 Posts

Profile of gillesA4
Thanks Curtis!
We just have another name for that here in Brussels...
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. (A. Einstein)
gillesA4
View Profile
Special user
Brussels, Belgium
593 Posts

Profile of gillesA4
Ok, now that the nail matrix is set up and working, does one of you knows if I can actually see somewhere the one with buttons sewn onto an hankerchief?? This is titillating as well, isn't'it
Kex
View Profile
Special user
Arlington, Texas
577 Posts

Profile of Kex
NewGuy,

Thanks for the link to the video. Again I am amazed by the simplicity of Michael's effects. I heard about this years ago and also wondered how clean it looked. Consider me fooled!

Kex
newguy
View Profile
Elite user
411 Posts

Profile of newguy
Kex,

You are welcome, I didn't set it up, just saw the link on a Japanese website I visit all the time. Lots of great performers on that same show, including Sawa!
MagicofDesperado
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of MagicofDesperado
This may be the one trick that still has me fooled and I absolutely love it.

Mr. Weber IS a definite genius.

Dartagnan
Richie Larson
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
92 Posts

Profile of Richie Larson
There is also a clip of the nail matrix, and more about Michael Weber in the Ricky Jay documentary Deceptive Practices. It's up on NetFlix. At least for now..

I enjoyed the documentary. Definately worth watching..

-Richie TwoTime
Flyswatter
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Flyswatter
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2015, Richie Larson wrote:
There is also a clip of the nail matrix, and more about Michael Weber in the Ricky Jay documentary Deceptive Practices. It's up on NetFlix. At least for now..

I enjoyed the documentary. Definately worth watching..

-Richie TwoTime

No wonder this sounded so familiar, I saw it on the documentary.
R2D2
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

Profile of R2D2
Is this on youtube somewhere?
eatonmagic
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, FL
737 Posts

Profile of eatonmagic
My friend up north had some of the old FISM tapes a while back. I believe Michael did it in '94 in Japan.
Jacques
View Profile
Loyal user
North
206 Posts

Profile of Jacques
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRPOpirIMUo

The nails matrix starts at 37:06
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Matrix with nails (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL