The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Thoughts on Mirabill (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
By now I’m sure that at least a few others have seen this excellent effect put out by Dr. Bill. Personally, I love what he has done and feel this is a perfect routine, impromptu, in the participant's hands, easy to do, just wonderful.

And before Doc Spektor jumps in, yes, I’ve done it with tarot, and Old Maid cards to boot. Smile

http://outlaw-effects.com/outlaweffects/......temid=79

Tony
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Gaaah....sold! just ordered it...
I've asked to be banned
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Lior
I just got it
Not a lot of time to read it all and poat a full review.
But I can tell you it's good.
I will read it tonight on my flight to Blackpool.

Lior
New shop: 1A magic
You can buy the selfie card trick.
The Zoom project
Talk To The Screen
https://1amagic.com/
PEA Dave Lederman Award 2009
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Life Time Achivmeant IUPA 2016
Kevin Cook
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of Kevin Cook
Quote:
On 2008-02-21 08:33, Lior wrote:
I just got it
Not a lot of time to read it all and poat a full review.
But I can tell you it's good.
I will read it tonight on my flight to Blackpool.

I have not read it either. But I too can say it is very good indeed.
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2851 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Thanks Tony and Lior! Old maid cards, hmm...

Abraxus, if you are who I think you are Smile, check your email.
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Lior
I meant I read part of it , not allof it.
:)
It is even very ggod
Lior
New shop: 1A magic
You can buy the selfie card trick.
The Zoom project
Talk To The Screen
https://1amagic.com/
PEA Dave Lederman Award 2009
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Life Time Achivmeant IUPA 2016
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Let me state that I did purchased this work by Dr.Bill and that I am pleased with the ideas set forth in the manuscript.
(In fact very pleased)

I have been playing with this thing on and off for years and was never happy with my personal improvements to the presentation.

However I am pleased with Bills improvements and presentational ideas.
(Wish I had put it all together as Bill has)

This is something I will now use because it is greatly streamlined and very clean.

Thanks Bill.

J ...
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On 2008-02-21 08:46, Bill Cushman wrote:
Thanks Tony and Lior! Old maid cards, hmm...

Abraxus, if you are who I think you are Smile, check your email.

yes, I did, and thank you!
I've asked to be banned
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2497 Posts

Profile of Chris K
I hate you all so so much.

Like everybody else who cut their teeth on the original Miraskill, I have my own variations and approaches but I have been hoping for something really new and novel with the idea. Now there is Tony Eye, Lior, and Jim all saying this is good...

like I said I hate you. I had, literally, said that all purchases were on indefinite hold for the forseeable future (health issues have made me cancel shows and miss a lot of my day job) and the first thing I see is this. I hate you, I hate you, I hate you. I suppose if I eat pasta for the next week I can order it...
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2051 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
I generally wait for reviews, but last night when I saw the description and saw Bill's name on it, I took the plunge without hesitation -- and I'm glad. Every good thing everyone has said about it is true. The original never did all that much for me, but this -- especially the two-person version -- is something I will use, and often.
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2051 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
I know I've already posted about this, but the more I play with it, the more I like it. It's just really, incredibly good -- clean, fair, hands-off, logical, and baffling. With a little thought, it can be played as straight precognition, personality profiling, or influence. I've sent Bill a small addition I came up with for the two-player version, which allows you to make your prediction even earlier -- literally before anything happens or any choices are made. If anyone else would like it, PM me (assuming you already have Mirabill, of course; if you don't, it will make no sense).
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2497 Posts

Profile of Chris K
You'll have to PM me that later, Quinn. I ordered mine immediately after my post and am eagerly awaiting it.

L
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2851 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Jim, you are welcome. And thank you for taking the time to make such a wonderful post. I'm interested to hear how you showcase Mirabill in performance.

Joshua I'm glad you are working on the two person game. The more I do it, the more I like it. It has a whole different vibe, especially when you get the right two participants. I can't wait to see what you've come up with.

Thanks again everyone!
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Got it - love it! Like all greats, the method is simple to do but required a great creative mind to think it up in that way - best of all - actually, 2 best of alls - you can do it far away across the room when the action begins - and you can include 2 participants instead of 1 as a game - the thoughts of fate, chance and so on spring to mind... ooops... 3rd best of all - borrowed shuffled deck! Oh yeah - one more thing - the price is way lower than what this is worth - a real worker you can start doing anywhere impromptu
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Paul h.
View Profile
Special user
MINDoverMETHOD
528 Posts

Profile of Paul h.
Agree with Dr Spektor,

This is a great routine. Well thought out, and the simple method is what makes it so brilliant. You can't get any more hands-off then this.

Highly recommended!

Best,

Paul h.
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
728 Posts

Profile of TheTableTopTrixta
I Bought it and I LOVE it!

So simple and so clever, one of thoses things when ithink to myself how could someone think up that!

I Doubt I will use this gem all the time during my tablehopping work, personally I am going to keep it until that moment when someone chucks you a deck of cards and says 'Go on, show us a trick'

Very very clever - nice Ebook only 9 pages read it and learnt it within 10 mins!

Clever twist at the end!!!!

the 2nd prediction makes it a mch stronger routine

Well done and thatbks for the fast delvery (email)

Ash
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12324 Posts

Profile of John C
Cool, certainly!
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Just thought I would pass this on to those who have this manuscript.

Let them choose cards (Look and decide what card they will play next.)
Or show one card and let them pick the other from the face down lot.

One of the things I played with years ago was to let people choose pairs in the original version of this presentation.

This results in the spectators thinking back to the things they did that caused the outcome and the performer making note of the choices etc.
(The spectators have a greater investment in the outcome)
It is not random any longer because they are each choosing what card to play next.

Yet your prediction is still correct.
You are then not predicting a random event but instead how people will interact with each other and you.

It also ups the fairness quotient because the spectators are each looking and choosing from their respective hands.
Or choosing after knowing the color of one card.

Y'all have a good weekend,

J ///
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Just a thought for those who are in the know, imagine a hands off version with a prewritten written prediction on the table, all choices are made after the prediction is introduced, they play the game, read the prediction, and it is 100% correct. A marriage of Deddy's Free Will and Mirabill, call it Free Willy, it is a whale of a method!

Tony
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2851 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
I like that a lot Jim; there is kind of a 10 card poker deal feel to it. I had thought about giving the guest greater and greater freedom re: taking from different parts of their hand (I like calling it "their hand" too; great stuff and adds to the context I was striving for in The Twist version), shuffling, switching cards with the other guest (Turk's idea actually) but face up choices take it to another level. Thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Thoughts on Mirabill (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL